The Spare Room

When family come to visit they always stay in the spare room.
“Are you comfy Ant Kitty?”
“No, we say Aunt Kitty.”
“Well, she is pretty small.”

Two’s company, Johnathan P.

Comments

1. Awww, this is precious, though I can’t tell if the kitten is wearing an expression of contentment or annoyance. I feel like the dog was curled up there first and the kitten climbed in after for warmth. But why didn’t he or she climb up by the belly?

2. I’m just realizing now that I am 3 hours ahead of CO time. It explains so much.

3. swampdiamonds says:

As the owner of a senior dog who likes to nap with his rump pointed straight at me, I can attest that this kitty has chosen a particularly warm but potentially toxic place to sleep. :)

4. Conversation bubble over dog’s head: Does this cat make my a$$ look big?

5. most excellent hover text, btw.

6. 260Oakley says:

Kitten’s story has a hairy tail ending.

7. Moi, Actually says:

YIN and Y………. WTF? Whatever.

8. Andi in NC says:

This is one of my very favorite things – animals of different types and vastly different sizes snorgling – Happy Weekend everyone!

9. Could this be considered to be another kind of butt bed? Help me out here, CO linguists.

10. Ahem. Marc Antony tag, please. :)

Thank you very much.

11. I just love how the kitty is snuggling with the dog’s giant elbow. So sweet.

12. Niiice!

13. That is adorable. Love the kittens strips on black fur and that the wise doggie left just enough room for the kitten.
    We need an update once kitty gets bigger to see how they work the sleeping situation out.

14. Gives new meaning to the recently-COined term, “butt bed.”

15. You’re welcome very much.

16. (The Original) Mel says:

Yes. Butt beds are the new black!

17. (The Original) Mel says:

Snuggle butties.

18. How sweet! >^.^<

19. She who lies down with dogs… stinks in the morning.

20. That was my first thought SD !

21. Awwww ! Black on black kitten stripes ! Very chic & slimming !!!!
    I think I need to go shopping now.

22. kibblenibble says:

Sooo comfortabuhls…

23. Anatomy lesson: the kitten is skwooshed behind the dog’s heel. You’ll find the dog’s elbow on its front leg.

Personally, I think this darling kitten illustrates the term “butt bead”.

24. earlybird1 says:

Kitteh: You are wayyy too big to spoon!

25. :mrgreen:

26. ROFL… She said butt bed

27. 260Oakley says:

And the kitten’s name? Dingleberry.

28. Yes! What a great kitten name. Also Pooter Cottontail.

29. Ownnnnnnnnnnn! So precious photo!

30. Augustina says:

I love this. But how do people get these adorable photos???

If I were to try to sneak up for such a close shot, I’d invariably wake them up, heads would lift, tail would wag, kitteh would go flying out of the bed and that would be the end of the photo shoot.

31. skippymom says:

As the originator of the typo that brought us “butt bead”, I endorse this comment.

32. Nothing beats a butt pillow. Ahhhh…..

33. oh no kittie you are in the danger zone! lol

34. 260Oakley says:

How about just plain “Windy”?

35. I like butt beds and I cannot lie.

36. Mary (the first) says:

I know what you mean. I’ve been trying to get a photo of my kitteh and in every single one she’s squinting from the flash. Sigh.

37. Sweet kitteh and goggie. Is goggie a lab/beagle mix? Looks so schweet.

38. JohnnyJohnny says:

Heh! So true. Someone is gonna loose her whiskers.

39. That kitty is in a happy place. Look, there may even be biscuit-making in progress on the doggie’s leg.

40. How about “HazMat?”

41. skippymom says:

I hate to be the one who always brings this up, but I’m pretty sure I see some bits in this picture.

42. SlaveToCat says:

I think kitteh should be named Methane 8)

43. Hahaha, now I see them too. Thanks a lot! ;P

44. skippymom says:

More than happy to provide this service.

45. SlaveToCat says:

Probably why kitten moved to the back end.

If one would dare to be politically incorrect one might say the Kitteh is not a TeaBagger. ;P

46. SlaveToCat says:

If need be the rescue services have kitty friendly oxygen masks.

47. earlybird1 says:

These Midwestern winters do call for a quality butt-warmer, I tell ya.

48. TrixandSam says:

I’d take butt-stink over what I have in my house right now: skunk stink! Sammy got too friendly with a skunk last night and got it right on the left side of his head. Sigh.

49. Hah!!! Awesome!

50. Oh, great, now I gotta go look – oh. We have bit confirmation!

51. now that there folks is what I call a real head butt :D

52. HA! I DO understand!

53. pattycats says:

Baubles have been sighted …. hanging low over the horizon.

54. pattycats says:

ewww kitty is going to have butt hair in the morning.

55. How about “Stinkbomb” :lol:

56. I submit, Dago.

57. victoreia says:

*giggle*

58. God bless you for uploading this photo.. :) I’m melting…

59. Auntie McSquashersons!!!

60. bob drummond says:

Ouch! That really stinks !!! Yes, pun was intended. Hope you can get Sammy washed and blow dried soon…

61. guess that’s better than a rat’s nest :D

62. C’mon, you know about forty minutes latter the kitten was alllll strrrreeetttcchhed oouuuut and poor doggie was scrunched up on the far end of the basket.

63. I love Stripped kitties! dog is cool too!