Lazin’ on the Lake

“(Wow, the swan boats in this park are so realistic…)”

“(… and really well-upholstered, too — like a down pillow!)”

“(… in fact, I just might take a little nap here… honk-shuuuuuu…)”

Andrea M. writes: “We’ve got a cygnet at the Los Angeles Zoo again. That’s his/her Dad back he/she nestled on. PS: Keep up the great work. I keep a pail and scoop for the brains right next to my computer. It makes clean up a no brainer.”

Well, it would pretty much have to be, wouldn’t it?

Comments

1. awwww… daddy’s takin’ his turn at babysitting…

and plink! plink! for the eye capsules!

2. kibblenibble says:

I love the soft pearl-gray fuzz and eye capsules on baby in pic 3. So cozy!

3. kibblenibble says:

Wow, ceejoe, we were on the same wavelength re: eye capsules. :-)

4. GMTA :)

5. “Tie them to the dock”…hehe, thanks for the explanation. I was a little distracted by that.

6. Fird Birfle says:

Comme c’est Cute!!!

7. skippymom says:

I feel dumb asking, but I’ve seen this a couple of times lately and don’t know/can’t figure out what it stands for. ??

8. skippymom says:

All I can come up with is “Get me the axe”, and that just doesn’t seem to fit….

9. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

It’s an acronym for “great minds think alike,” often used on message boards when two people post the same idea at the same time.

10. heh heh… I just looked it up the other day… (urbandictionary.com)

11. skippymom says:

Thanks, Mike! I think it will always look to me like Get me the axe, though.

12. SO SOFT!!!

13. Perhaps I don’t know much about swans, but why does he seem to have two beaks?

14. Hilarious commentary on the “no brainer”, NTMTOM.

15. oh man I would LOVE to nestle right in there with bebeh for a nap… looks like Grandma’s Feather Bed! (how many more animals can we get in here?)

16. Yay for the sleppy tag!

Eye capsules have done me in.

17. There is something about closed bird eyes that looks especially blissful.

18. I think it’s the way their lower eyelids are bigger than their upper eyelids, so their eyelashes are toward the top of the eye capsule and it looks more ^_^

…well that’s my theory, anyway. *blows smoke*

19. The one I can never remember what it means is IIRC which is ironic since it means “if I remember correctly…”

20. Great writing NOMTOM – you really captured the baby swan’s cozy thoughts.

21. fish eye no miko says:

According to Wiki, it’s a black necked swan. They have little red knobby things on top of their beaks.

22. And something I read said it got bigger on the males during breeding season. Perhaps it’s along the lines of the whole male-birds-haiving-more-vibrant-colors-thingy…

23. victoreia says:

Ditto.

24. My favorite blissed-out-bird picture:

25. It’s amazing how all of daddy’s floof just swallows everything but the cygnet’s head up. It looks like he just has a second head growing out of his back.

26. Where are you blowing that smoke? :mrgreen:

27. OmiGOSH that’s adorable!

LOOK at the eyelashes here!

28. joools in PDX says:

Motion carried!

29. It’d hold eight kids ‘n’ four hound dogs and a piggy we stole from the shed

I wonder if the piggy was The Tiniest Snorfer up top there…

30. Owls like to be scritched!! Is there any animal that doesn’t like to be scritched?

31. omg i love that widdle owl!

32. I was confused about that too! I’m glad you asked. :)

33. *shifty eyes* I could tell you, but then I’d be stuck in the moderation lounge. ;)

34. In that case, move on over; I’m comin’ in.

35. I thought so. *mrgreen*