Lazin’ on the Lake

“(Wow, the swan boats in this park are so realistic…)”

“(… and really well-upholstered, too — like a down pillow!)”

“(… in fact, I just might take a little nap here… honk-shuuuuuu…)”

Andrea M. writes: “We’ve got a cygnet at the Los Angeles Zoo again. That’s his/her Dad back he/she nestled on. PS: Keep up the great work. I keep a pail and scoop for the brains right next to my computer. It makes clean up a no brainer.”

Well, it would pretty much have to be, wouldn’t it?

1. awwww… daddy’s takin’ his turn at babysitting…

and plink! plink! for the eye capsules!

2. kibblenibble says:

Wow, ceejoe, we were on the same wavelength re: eye capsules. :-)

3. GMTA :)

4. skippymom says:

I feel dumb asking, but I’ve seen this a couple of times lately and don’t know/can’t figure out what it stands for. ??

5. skippymom says:

All I can come up with is “Get me the axe”, and that just doesn’t seem to fit….

6. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

It’s an acronym for “great minds think alike,” often used on message boards when two people post the same idea at the same time.

7. heh heh… I just looked it up the other day… (

8. skippymom says:

Thanks, Mike! I think it will always look to me like Get me the axe, though.

9. The one I can never remember what it means is IIRC which is ironic since it means “if I remember correctly…”

10. There is something about closed bird eyes that looks especially blissful.

11. I think it’s the way their lower eyelids are bigger than their upper eyelids, so their eyelashes are toward the top of the eye capsule and it looks more ^_^

…well that’s my theory, anyway. *blows smoke*

12. Where are you blowing that smoke? :mrgreen:

13. *shifty eyes* I could tell you, but then I’d be stuck in the moderation lounge. ;)

14. I thought so. *mrgreen*

Nice use of *mrgreen* BTW, he’s a favorite of mine. *mrgreen*

15. My favorite blissed-out-bird picture:

16. OmiGOSH that’s adorable!

LOOK at the eyelashes here!

17. Owls like to be scritched!! Is there any animal that doesn’t like to be scritched?

18. omg i love that widdle owl!

19. kibblenibble says:

I love the soft pearl-gray fuzz and eye capsules on baby in pic 3. So cozy!

20. “Tie them to the dock”…hehe, thanks for the explanation. I was a little distracted by that.

21. Fird Birfle says:

Comme c’est Cute!!!

22. SO SOFT!!!

23. Perhaps I don’t know much about swans, but why does he seem to have two beaks?

24. fish eye no miko says:

According to Wiki, it’s a black necked swan. They have little red knobby things on top of their beaks.

25. And something I read said it got bigger on the males during breeding season. Perhaps it’s along the lines of the whole male-birds-haiving-more-vibrant-colors-thingy…

26. I was confused about that too! I’m glad you asked. :)

27. Hilarious commentary on the “no brainer”, NTMTOM.

28. victoreia says:

29. joools in PDX says:

Motion carried!

30. oh man I would LOVE to nestle right in there with bebeh for a nap… looks like Grandma’s Feather Bed! (how many more animals can we get in here?)

31. It’d hold eight kids ‘n’ four hound dogs and a piggy we stole from the shed

I wonder if the piggy was The Tiniest Snorfer up top there…

32. In that case, move on over; I’m comin’ in.

33. Yay for the sleppy tag!

Eye capsules have done me in.

34. Great writing NOMTOM – you really captured the baby swan’s cozy thoughts.

35. It’s amazing how all of daddy’s floof just swallows everything but the cygnet’s head up. It looks like he just has a second head growing out of his back.