Baboon, Bush Baby Bond Beautifully

Behold, brethren: Baboon, barely but a babe, bonds to bushy baby bush baby. Between breakfast bowl and burbly bottle banquet, big brother bears the beautiful bundle with boundless bliss. A burden? Bah! A bother? Balderdash! Best buddies? You better bet your bright bare butt!

Another quality foraged link by Ant.

Comments

1. Priceless accent, lovely story.

2. bookmonstercats says:

NOMTOM excels himself, even by his usual standards.

I didn’t get any sound on the clip. Will the bebbehs have to be separated eventually, or will they go there own ways in due course?

How adorabuhls.

3. bookmonstercats says:

Eeek! “THEIR own ways…”

4. LakotaWolf says:

I think I died of cute when the bushbaby tried to climb up the reporter’s leg at the end and the baboon yoinked him back. “No, son, humans are not for climbing on!”

5. Adorabbbbl! But wow, that is one commanding baboon!

6. I got sound. Don’t think the plan is to separate them. They are just surprised the friendship works so well, seeing that the bush baby is a nocturnal animal.

Got a question: what’s wrong with the bush-baby’s tail? Is that normal?

7. Dude! I love that guy’s accent.

8. Second that!

9. Seeing baby baboon reminds me of a certain dashing Jamin.

SIGH. NEVER FORGET.

10. Moi, Actually says:

Shouldn’t that be bush bebbeh?
    NTMTOM’s been taking lessons from the paraphrasing secretary with a P obsession in Mr. Popper’s Penguins.

11. missbossy says:

Sorry but the baboon looks like a child molester. The bush baby tried to make a break for it a few times and got pulled back. The crowds are cheering “so cute!” while the bush baby is saying “What is wrong with you people?! Would somebody help me get away from this red-assed creep?????!!!”

12. Love the bushy baby bushbaby!
    I want this guy narrating my life – “it is a union unlike any other….”

13. bookmonstercats says:

Thanks, Jude. The bushbaby might be naturally nocturnal, but not while the baboon has any say in the matter ;)

14. 260Oakley says:

When they go on vacation, they must stay in a B & B.

15. no matter how far he goes or how old he grows, cuteoverload will be an eternal candle in the window for jamin.

16. Andi from NC says:

Made all the better by the accent-studded commentary – awesome story and love the reporter!

17. Third that for sure!

18. (puts on Elton John glasses and begins playing piano while Sharpy and Tephy sing Candle in the Wind for Jamin)
    (Other cutologists wave lighters in the air)

19. A+ comment

20. ohhh my goodness at fluffy baboon pulling fluffy bush baby off reporter pants and the squeakiness

21. Personally I was reminded of the V-filled speech in the movie V is for Vendetta from the guy in the Guy Fawkes mask!

Hope the link works! :-)

22. NTMTOM, You’re the “B’s” knees… ha.

23. It sounded like they said “while Kenyan Wildlife Services awaits possible adoptees for bush baby…” so it sounds like they would be separated if they find another home for the bush baby. Sniff. Sniff. I must have something in my eye…

24. I just went to see planet of the apes y’all. He may be cute, but he’s studying our behavior in order to RULE us!!!! (hides under bed)

25. *Clap-Clap*

ENCORE!

26. I wasn’t watching the video as I was more paying attn to the accent. LOL!

27. Oakley strikes again.

28. Mr. Bossy-butt bashes bush baybee.

29. Second!

30. Apparently the tails are quite fluffy. Perhaps he’s been dragged around on the ground too much!

31. Fourth that, with an emphasis on “bush BAY-bee”

32. Martha in Washington says:

NTMTOM just gets Better and Better!

33. Third!!

34. victoreia says:

Brava, Nikki!

35. Oohhhh, Jamin….

36. I thought the same thing. The BB is like “halp!!!!” and let’s be honest the baboon is a tad clingy.

37. That is a lot of alliteration. *golf clap*

38. sonipitts says:

“No one can lay asunder what God has brought together.”

Did he just…marry them?

39. Like missBossy, I too wondered if the bush baby is quite as fond of the arrangement as the baboon is. I’m amazed that a baboon baby has such strong nurturing instincts. I wished for “In English with English subtitles” (the movie Sweet Sixteen actually had that, due to Scottish accents in that case).

And, yes, NTMTOM has outdone himself with the alliteration this time. Bravo.

40. Bewitched, bothered and bewildered…. ;-)

41. Oh I didn’t hear that. That’d be sad!

42. bookmonstercats says:

A flattened tail is a small price to pay for being loved up like that.

43. Miss Tara says:

Fourth with a squee!

44. Miss Tara says:

Oh, yes!

45. snorglepup says:

“For sure, No one can lay asunder what God has brought together.”

46. I fifth that sentiment!

47. And I will fifth it once again!!

48. Yeah, I have to agree. Bush BAYbee is all, “I JUST NEED SOME SSSSLLEEEEP!!!”

49. Yeah, I have to agree, the little one is totally trying to escape. Bush BAYbee is all, “I JUST NEED SOME SSSSLLEEEEP!!!”

50. The prosimian is so cute

51. that brought tears to my eyes. pleeeeease don’t separate them! pleeeeease…

52. preferably a beautiful blue beachside b&b with a balcony in bora bora

53. Fird Birfle says:

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-autiful brainwork & nifty photos, Mike!!!

54. /agree!

If I can’t get him to narrate my life, I’d, at least, like a bedtime story! Also, a soundtrack would be nice too!

55. BeckyMonster says:

Not to nuff, and believe me, I’ve seen some puddin’ slung up in this place before! BUT, I watched a documentary on the Bush Baby, and they are NOT happy to be on display for tourists during the day. They are shy, nocturnal animals. The light hurts their eyes, the crowds make them nervous, and they don’t do well in captivity.

While I am a HUGE fan of interspecies snorgeling, I am not a fan of this particular one. Plus, monkeys creep me out.

56. skippymom says:

I want a bush baby badly.
    I wonder whether I can find a cosmetic surgeon who will perform a cat-to-bush baby conversion on Eddy.

57. flutterby says:

Does ennybody remember Johnny Carson with the bush BAYbee on his show? I remember I couldn’t stop laughing through the whole encounter….

58. Fird Birfle says:

The Crowd:

“OOOOOoooooooooooooooh!!!!! AAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!”

59. Fird Birfle says:

“Jamin’, until the break of Dawn….”

[See: 1970s/80s era Stevie Wonder....]

60. Yes, I was trying to figure out if Bush Baby was beloved friend or prisoner.

61. i love me some ren and stimpy!

HUGE WARNING: if you watch this all the way to the end, youtube will queue up a really awful “suggested” video that you don’t even want to see. not even the still frame.

62. >>Plus, monkeys creep me out.

i think it’s because they’re naked. they always look better in diapers and bonnets.

63. Brilliant, NTMTOM!

64. Now THAT creeps me out.

65. Adorable story! I LOVE his accent – Boosh Baby!

66. Well, when they were eating out of the bowl it seemed pretty pleasant. Could be with the camera invading the situation it made them both a little anxious???

As for the accent….hmm delicious.

67. Anytime Joan Embry would bring animals it was wonderful. Johnny was too funny.
    I sure miss him.

68. We need a Jamin update. Jamin, for the love of cute let us know where you are and how you’re doing. Just drop us a line – anything!!

69. [laughing at the phrase "red-assed creep"!]

70. SheepishKitty says:

LOL!!!!

71. SheepishKitty says:

a live stuff animal!

72. So true!

73. Oui! – on both counts

74. baby birdie says:

Umm…what’s a bush baby?

75. I showed my mom this video & her instant reaction was, “Doesn’t anyone realize baboons are *meat-eaters*?! & that they’re *mean*??” We couldn’t watch the video without feeling all sad for the bush babbeh :<
    I had to show her Gus to cheer us up! x)