And Now, Back to “Decorating with Dogs”

Hello again! At the start of our program, we saw how to make a stirring re-creation of “Washington Crossing the Delaware” using crepe paper, felt swatches, and a litter of Chihuahuas, and in this half-hour, we’ll make this beautiful Fall centerpiece…

Tastefully photographed by Janie Jones.

Comments

1. What is beyond REDONKULOUS? We need a new neologism!

PS: Has the OED recognized “redonkulous” yet?

2. Is that early thanksgiving in pooch land?

3. Cornucopia of adorable-ness.

4. A litter of Chihuahuas? French Bulldog you mean… CUTE!

5. Oh good lord. This is hilariously silly.

6. BTW, this is so much like my sweet, adorable SIL’s Thanksgiving centerpiece, it’s uncanny. No doggeh, though.

7. You have to start early to have your centerpiece ready in time. I don’t think doggie would like to stay there till Thanksgiving though.

8. I want to see Wahwahs Crossing the Delaware!!

You have piqued my curiosity, NTMTOM!

9. It’s an adorable autumnal pupkin centerpiece.

10. bookmonstercats says:

Brilliant hovertext. Captures doggeh’s expression perfectly.

What is he, BTW? he looks like a pug crossed with something else.

11. BWAHAHAHA… at the rollover text…

12. and may I be the first to say: BEEP!

13. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

According to the Flickr page for this photo (click the link underneath the picture), this is a French Bulldog.

14. Do NOT remind me that Fall is coming. I WILL not be held responsible for the results. *wanders off muttering about ^&%^$*&(*&&%^%$ post &(*&^$”!*() fall, ^%$”))$!””£$!”! SUMMER’s NOT OVER YET!!!

15. 2ScoopsRice says:

Looks like French inspired interior decorating, and that’s no bull, dawg…

16. Those glue guns can be “ruff” on a pup !

17. tracylee says:

it’s only a matter of time, Th.

18. This is a Frenchie. But the Delaware crossing was all Cheehooeyhooeys!

19. I’ve tried so very hard to get my beast to sit in my centerpiece, but my table’s not big enough, and she’s very gangly.

20. skippymom says:

Dear Ms. Rice,
    Just to let you know, we see what you’re up to. We recognize that you are in an undeclared competition with 260Oakley. And, yes, you’re good, but you will need to pun here for a few more years before you are a serious contender. So go ahead and keep at it, but just saying. OK? Cheers.

21. That’s where the glue gun comes in, per hovertext. :P

22. I hear ya, Wend, I can’t stand it. I love baseball, and all I hear about now is football, football, football. I like football too, but don’t talk to me about it until after the World Series. :P Which, BTW, is in October. I heard somebody say yesterday, “Well, I think it’s pretty much a lock that it’ll be Boston and SF.” Which sounds awesome, but DAMN. Why don’t we just stop THE REST OF THE BASEBALL SEASON, and get that pesky series out of the way now. None of us can wait for it to be– what? WINTER? *evil*

My grandma always used to say “Don’t wish your life away.” And dammit, she’s DEAD. SO THERE. :P

23. Wend, your message touched off a sympathetic rant-fest from me, which has landed me in moderashe. Skoal, everybody!

24. Tracylee, is it you who is the custodian of that awesome Longshanked Brindled Needlenose?

25. *Robert DeNiro “my eye on you” gesture*

26. yes ma’am!
    I’ve (temporarily and experimentally) changed my photo to a Mutts comic strip racing greyhound. I will probably change it back soon, as the L.B.N. is quite pretty to look at.

27. TrixandSam says:

Agreed, skippymom.

There’s a subtlety and sophistication to 260Oakley’s skills that is yet unmatched. The superior punster delivers as if to slip the wordplay by the reader. But the brilliance then reveals itself in a flash, leaving the reader breathless, stunned and delighted. THIS is 260O.

28. TrixandSam says:

*politely borrows Theresa’s pom-poms*
    Yeay! Mutts comic!!
    *vigorously shakes pom-poms, returns them to Theresa*

29. skippymom says:

Excuse me, people? Can anyone remind me how, or direct me to instructions, for putting up my avatar? I got a new computer, and Skippy’s picture is gone and I want to put it back. Thank you.

30. If you lived in Texas, you’d be begging for fall to begin NOW!

31. I think you just need to log back in to your Word Press account?

32. (The Original) Mel says:

I am sweltering in Texas even as I write this. There is no autumn. There is only the moment at which the scorched leaves give up the ghost.

33. *snortlaff*

if you’re interested in the specific Mutts, let’s see if this link works

34. /shaking Theresa’s pompons/ Skippy! Skippy! We want Skippy!

35. Fird Birfle says:

O look !!! It’s MARTHA STEWART, omnimedia !!!!

36. skippymom says:

I’ll see what I can do. But remember, the almighty Skippy is with you always, even if you can’t see his picture.

37. skippymom says:

Hey Fird, did I hear you recently had another near-deth experience?

38. Amen! I believe!

39. skippymom says:

Skippy says, “Bless you, my child.”

40. victoreia says:

Yeah, where’s the YouTube clip? :evil:

41. victoreia says:

Ah, but what better place for 2ScoopsRice to polish her (his?) punning skills?

(BTW, TrixandSam? I heard that last sentence in James Earl Jones’ voice. Niiice.)

42. warrior rabbit says:

Accompanied by Chai Chai Rodrihgwez? (I recognize a Les Nessman ref when I see it!) Maybe this centerpiece will earn the Frenchie a coveted Silver Sow Award!

43. bookmonstercats says:

Zee Fronch, zey are ze best.

44. bookmonstercats says:

It’s alternating between p*ss*ng it down over here in the UK, at monsoon levels and being so muggy we can’t sleep so we’re all feeling ill. Roll on the Autumn; we sometimes rejoice in clement weather.

My sympathy to y’all in Texas.

45. bookmonstercats says:

The Oakster reigns supreme, but the competition from 2ScoopsRice is worthy.

*Nods*

46. 2ScoopsRice says:

Dear Ms. Skippy,

I don’t understand why you’re under the notion that I’m in an “undeclared competition with 260Oakley”. I simply enjoy being here for the mere entertainment, even if the only one amused by my silliness, is me. And if other people get a giggle from one of my kooky comments, all the better. ;)

I got my big girl panties on and can handle the fact you feel the need to “put me in my place” and act as 260Oakley’s self-appointed security guard. But I have nothing against 260Oakley and have absolutely no reason to.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…

2ScoopsRice
    July 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm
    No competition with Oakley…just inspiration!

I adores Oakley’s comments…leaves me thinking, “Why in the name of corn on the cob didn’t I fink of saying that?!”

Cheers…

47. kimmaroo says:

That hovertext comment killt me ded.

48. kimmaroo says:

Heeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

49. kimmaroo says:

cj, I just noticed you have TWO GBCWBGEs??? I’m very nearly insanely jealous. I’ve only ever had one at a time.

50. Well, up here in Alberta-land, it’s commonly held that we did not HAVE a summer last year (we had one day when the temp neared 100 F), and this year has been a bit of a mixed bag, with a Verry cold spring, and summer getting off to a late start. None-the-less, those of you sweltering in heat waves, or other unclement weather devices do have my sympathy…. hey, come share my summer here :)!

51. Darn!!! I missed the opening segment too with the wawas!!! (frantically checks TiVo . . . )

52. Uh, yeah. I live in Arizona. Y’all can just shaddup. It’s 250 degrees, 190 percent humidity (which this year is all we’re getting for our “monsoon”) but we have had no rain for months. I just walked two blocks and actually have a sunburn through 70 SPF sunblock.

53. Looks like we’re gonna need some pudding here. It’s been a while. . . .

54. I’d make that decoration! But I’d leave the puppy out and take him home.

55. *THWOCK*

56. HAW!!!

57. PS. that was for Martha Stewart, not Firdie’s near-deth.

58. kimmaroo says:

A glue gun, a seasonal craft project, and the CEO’s beloved pet…..this concept has TV show segment AND magazine article written all over it. Someone in that organization is kissing up BIG time.

59. snorglepup says:

I’ve been decorating with cat hair for a while now. I appreciate it’s ability to
    insulate and take the shape of items below.
    I’m looking up at my ceiling fan with furry stelagtites along the blades.
    Gives a warm, homey touch.

60. Well I wish I could come back and give you a smack on the head, so THERE.

61. Don’t get me started.

62. Maybe I should have said WahWahshington Crossing the Delaware…

63. okay, girls, settle down in there.

64. this might be one of the many new features on CO. if you mouseover (or “hover”) an avatar, you can see all the other images someone used for his/her profile pic.

65. i’d leave the puppy right where she is and throw the rest out. i would be totally thankful then.

66. i wholeheartedly agree. summer is just starting! LALALALALALALALALA!

67. Actually, I have FOUR GBCWBGEs. Yes, I am supremely blessed. :) The two in my avatar, Sparky and Elaine, just happen to hang out together and curl up together alot. It is cute-to-die-for!! I sometimes call them my little black beans…

68. lol!

69. skippymom says:

hahahahahahahahaha

70. looks like a prototype for a disapproving fruit bat

71. TrixandSam says:

victoreia: reading that last line in JEJ’s voice was the intention! Glad to hear you “heard” it that way.

72. skippymom says:

Sigh. Friendly joking around doesn’t seem to be working for me lately, in my “real” life either. Maybe I’ll just give it up and be totally serious all the time, so nobody has to figure out which it is. Sigh.

73. Fird Birfle says:

@ skippymom: this one was medical and surgical…however this time
    I wasn’t *quite ded yet*.

They replaced a part, which *used to work just fine*, before the other surgery ….
    and this surgery has been a bit more tender and slower recuperation. The part which was replaced, made sitting in the chairs at this apartment’s computer lab
    EXCRUCIATINGLY AWFUL horribly yucky-poo. Thus my non-CO ness for awhile.
    But in the past several days, they took something out again and things are returning to some semblance of normalcy.

Thanks for asking!

74. Fird Birfle says:

75. luvstehQte says:

i’ve been doing the same with the dog hair. i notice that when the ceiling fan’s running, those stalactites aren’t nearly as noticeable, so i keep mine running all the time. much better that way than cleaning them. *blech* (that’s for the cleaning, not the dog hair) :)

76. skippymom says:

Wow! So you’re, like, pretty much bionic at this point, huh?

77. Fird Birfle says:

The surgeon said he was following this webpage for his instructions ;) :