And Now, Prairie Dog Exorcism

“… and so I say unto thee, Jezebel spirit, begone from this virtuous woman! I bind thee with chains of iron and cast thee down to the fires from whence thee came!

Hallelujah, Shari E.!

Comments

1. NTMTOM… your genius never ceases to amaze me. The bigger prairie dog does have a sort of wrinkled and weathered old-priesty look, doesn’t he?

2. Demon: What an excellent day for an exorcism.
    Father Damien Karras: You would like that?
    Demon: Intensely.

3. “Dad, Dad, the ice cream truck is coming!”
    “Go away, kid. I already gave you your allowance.”

4. Oh NTMTOM, you are a super genius. This is hilarious. So brilliant.

5. Its probably the mama who didn’t get enough sleep last night and her very tired face is showing the effects.

6. 260Oakley says:

Way to preach that prairie dogma.

7. She was intended by God to be a virtuous woman!

Ten points, please and thank you.

8. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Ding! Ten points! :)

9. Andi from NC says:

As usual, it was hilarious. But then I got to the hovertext – that officially sent me over the edge.

10. Very funny, but then looked at the hovertext and that took me back to my childhood.
    There’s a old custom in Québec, at New Year the father give’s the family his benediction and it looks exactly like that, except my sister and I did everything to make my dad laugh and he never could keep a strait face.

11. It’s funny you mention that… When looked at it without any of the text, I saw this as me trying to amp down my baby instead! Imagine if you will…

Little prairie dog: “Momomomomommom!! Looklooklooklook! *unintelligible chatter*….”
    Big prairie dog: “Mommy is tired, dear. Really, kid, I love you, but get out of my face. No, I’m not giving you a spoonful of sugar to make the ‘medicine’ go down. Vegetables are not medicine. Let Mommy enjoy her one, singular moment of peace and serenity for the day. Please. Go bother your father.”

That being said… I don’t think us moms even have a prayerie dog when it comes to asking for some peace ;)

-Toriah the Mom (aka The Cute Avenger who is too lazy to log out of her WordPress blog account so she doesn’t have to log back in when she’s ready to write her next post!)

12. earlybird1 says:

ME TOO! NTMTOM, once again I doff my hat to you *doff* That was a true LOL moment for me!! :D

13. Tall girl says:

Has anyone figured out how to view the hover text on an android phone?? I feel like I’m missing a critical piece of the humor!

14. Mamabear says:

/agree

“The power of Phil compels you! The power of Phil compels you!” *splashes with holy carrot juice*

(Like their larger kin, I feel certain that prarie dogs also pray to Punxsutawney Phil *shifty eyes*)

15. Mamabear says:

*sizzle, siiizzzle* “It burns! It burns!”

16. Lol, I was going to type ‘The Power of Cute compels you’, but I like Phil much better: what rodent wouldn’t worship a god who’s bigger, fatter, and only works one day a year: genius! There’s even the word ‘god’ in GrOunDhog: I smell a new cutecult!

17. cellarmouse says:

exactly …

18. Yay! Internet points! Now I just have to figure out what I can redeem them for…

19. Lillith says:

The power of Ceiling Cat compels you!

20. Well it seems we all asgree the little one is the child of the big one, and is adorable

21. Bitch got palmed in the face! Real prairiedogs of Beverly Hills Style. Oh wait I might watch too much television.

22. I dunno, but this is the hovertext, hope it helps

“I just had a bit of walnut caught in my throat, Dad. I’m fine, really.”

23. Oh my GOSH, Brian Eno!

24. I saw Sarah Good with the Devil! I saw Goody Osburn with the Devil! I saw Bridget Bishop with the Devil!

25. Lerrinus says:

:lol:

26. Queen of Dork says:

Well, NTMTOM, as usual, I looked at the caption and wondered where you were going with that until I slowly scrolled down the picture and then…I…BURST OUT LAUGHING! Thanks!

27. Heather says:

Uh.

28. OMG could we get a COXCU of that little guy’s mouf?? XD

29. Theresa says:

Hey, Queenie!

30. Mamabear says:

Word! I would love a close up of those teefers!

31. Queen of Dork says:

Hi Theresa! :)

32. baby birdie says:

You do know that kids visit CO, right? I’m eleven.

33. ZeppthePug says:

When I was a kid, my sister and I had this thing we did (not really sure how it got started) where one of us would randomly smack the other on the forehead and yell, “I EXORCISE the Demon!” similar to Father P. Dog above.

We were…unusual children.

34. LOL!

35. Wizened old prairie dog says “{sigh} yes, be healed, etc… I’m getting too old for this…”

36. Theresa says:

How are you and the Princess? And Monsieur Alberto?

37. Theresa says:

That’s funny, me and my brother do that to each other now. :mrgreen:

38. 6Rabbits says:

Read caption…grinning…scrolling…grinning, then…snort-laughing as the smaller prairie dog was revealed! Just tired enough that I keep looking at it and giggling helplessly.

39. TrixandSam says:

We must be related Theresa. My brother and I do this to each other still. Call it therapy. Or quality family time.

40. The C.O. comments section is Adult Parental Guidance, b.b., with Adult Situations and Adult Language. My niece is 14, and she’s not allowed to view here unless an adult is with her, but she can see the cute pictures.
    But you’re right, that ‘b’ word is a bully word and isn’t cool, or polite, or appropriate in conversation, music or on television as the lady wrote.

41. ZeppthePug says:

Hmmm… Good to know. The next time I see her…

42. for virtual gifts, of course

43. Queen of Dork says:

Me and the Princess are fine despite Albert. Good grief. He keeps going out his cat door and bringing in bugs. The last one was a BEAUTIFUL Praying Mantis which I rescued and set free out front. (Albert always hangs out in the back yard so I thought the Mantis would have better chances out front) Praying Mantis are such lovely, elegant, pretty bugs!

44. awwww so cute!