The Eternal Struggle of Puppy vs. Pine Cone

Hikers beware: Wilderness experts warn that certain pine cones release a powerful hallucinogen that can cause irrational behavior, such as boinging, giggling, and taking iPhone videos in portrait mode.

Comments

1. Angatwork says:

Frogger at the end!

2. O Noes…!!!! Not the deadly man-eating, ummm, or puppeh-eating pine cone… :shock:

3. 260Oakley says:

Cone-an the Barkarian

4. marthava says:

I would call that a “gambol.”

5. Flippy-floppy ears on each sproing are adorable.

6. luvstehQte says:

seriously sproinging!

7. nuts… ;-)

8. Lewis n' Clark says:

Geez, another super-clean floor…I’m getting a complex here…

9. That pinecone looked dangerous! Good thing we were all protected.

10. Win!

11. Oh the wiggly sproingitude!! And the little red bandana is just the icing on the cake!

12. Puppeh REALLY wants Mr. Cone to take a more active role in the proceedings.

13. A frolic, or a caper, also.

14. Everyone, everywhere, you MUST take your video cameras with you everywhere all the time, in case you see something cute. This is because these narrow little phone videos are driving me crazy. That is all.

15. (The Original) Mel says:

Eeeeeeeeeeeee.

16. beware! the orb of madness is not bound to a physical form, nor does its power extend to only one race! soon the whole world shall be sproinging around it!

17. Apparently pinecones are as scary as green apples.

18. Eat this pine cone. Eat it! It will amuse me!

19. I call Splayed Haunches!

boing boing boing

20. I thought of that too!

21. Needs a sound track, no?

22. That is some very fine boinging going on there. Well done, little pupster, well done!

23. JenDeyan says:

Family Guy reference FTW!

Go Hendrix! Show that pine cone the meaning of puppeh powah!

24. I just got a Mint floor cleaner–like a roomba, but less expensive and rectangular. It also doubles as a fantastic cat toy. Might be worth checking out.

25. Thank you puppeh for protecting us!!

I finally built up the courage to use this new comment box. It was a little intimidating at first :D

26. kimmaroo says:

;-)

27. not quite xtreme frolicking, but almost.

28. kimmaroo says:

Oooooh! I meant thees wun: :-)

29. *sigh*

30. kimmaroo says:

This is not just any Boinging, here, People. This is Counterclockwise Boinging which is the rarest and fiercest Boinging of all. We are indeed well protected.

31. Lerrinus says:

*applause* Fantastic ! :-D

32. Lerrinus says:

Would Yakity Sax work? :-)

33. earlybird1 says:

I am noticing the shoes all by the door, and the guy in the background is wearing socks only. Maybe that’s how their floor stays so clean! :)

34. Someday you’ll be appreciated for who you are, pine cone.

I am embarrassed to say I clicked on your link just to see if that site actually existed. :)

35. In a purple haze…?

36. Puppy pretending to be Baby Goat.

37. Stubby-legged puppy sproinging with floppy ears! I don’t think there could be a better way to start the morning.

38. At least that one is straight up and down. I took video of my dog and my mom’s dog playing in their swimming pool with my phone and when I posted them to Facebook, they were sideways and I can’t find a way to make them up and down.

39. Keri F. says:

Either these people have an indoor sandbox, or gleaming hardwood floors on their deck?\! Hope they don’t have a cat.

40. didn’t everyone?

41. Unfortuantely this reminds me of that poor bear up Alaska that attacked those kids. Sounds like it was just a bunch of mistakes. She thought it was one person not a line, the guide didn’t expect a ghost bear in the area, they weren’t able to reach for the repellent in time…

Now they’re trying what to do with her. She was just doing what comes natural to her. Protect her cub.

Sorry for being Debbie Downer

42. It needs a “Puppy vs. A Scary Thing” dramatic score. :)

43. are you being a more of a Nancy Non Sequiter?

44. I saw no sandbox!

45. Mary (the first) says:

It kinda looks like he’s trying to “herd” the pinecone, the way he keeps circling it. “Stay there, get together, dang you .. oh there’s only one, well ok. Stay there!”

46. from frame 23, there is a gray patch toward the top of the frame. It looks like sand to me, but I don’t have the best eyesight. Anybody else know what that is?

47. kimmaroo says:

I think it’s just an area rug.

48. coprogirl says:

This looks to me like the typical cavorting of the

Bi chon Fri se. They are known to BLITZ around people and inanimate objects.

49. If I had a dog, I wouldn’t need people so much anymore. You just can’t fake that puppy kind of giddiness.

50. Deborah Darsie says:

Puppy acting like Tigger, with a pine-cone as big as its own head is cute

51. Fird Birfle says:

IMHO, only GOAT bebbehs and lambies do xtreme frolicking.

52. Protip: Record videos in landscape mode.