Go the Heck to Sleep

It’s quiet time for sleppeh-tie-tie leetle kittains who need their rest (sing song), so settle down now and close your eyes

5 seconds later: You close your eyes first.  No you close your eyes first.

No you. No, you.

2.5 seconds later: (muffle) My eyes are closed, and I’ll close yours too!

No you wont! Yes I will!

1 second later: Dude, I can close my eyes any time I want to.

So can I! No you can’t. Yes I can! Can not! Can too!

Looks like Dada, Xiaoxiao are getting their beauty rest after all, Mona H.

Comments

1. skippymom says:

It is a jillionty percent perfect that this post just showed up. I am just about to gather books to read at my Tuesday night pajama story time.
    AND, yes, I do own that book (personally, not in my library’s collection!), and every week I dare myself to read it to the kids.

2. skippymom says:

P.S. Those kittens are excruciatingly adorable, and I want them.

3. victoreia says:

MINE!!!! *grabby hands*

4. skippymom says:

gently but firmly pushes victoreia aside, snatches kittens and runs

5. victoreia says:

HEY!!!!! *looks around for attack team* *muttering* Dang skippymom! You’re lucky I can’t run anymore!

6. skippymom says:

hands victoreia one kitten–I didn’t know you can’t run, here, I’ll split them with you.

7. jlamusings says:

Awww! It’s so much cuter when they’re this tiny. :-)
    When they’re bigger (like a year old) doing the same thing on your head at 4:00 in the morning, it’s not as cute. Sigh. :-)

8. Theresa says:

1. If you haven’t heart Samuel L. Jackson reading that, you haven’t heard it done properly. :P

2. DaDa and XiaoXiao remind me of sleepovers: “You asleep yet?” “No, you?” “Is there any more pizza?” “What?” “Are you awake?” “What?” “Are you asleep?” “I was.” “I heard from Dinitia Sniggelfutz that you like Lars Sprocketstrom.” “WHAT!?” “OMG, it’s true, you do like him!” “I DO NOT!!” “SETTLE DOWN IN THERE AND GO TO SLEEP!!!”

9. Theresa says:

Oh woe, and moderation is me! Pass the pretzels.

10. This reminds me of the time I drove from Montreal, Québec to St-Leonard, New Brunswick (400 miles) with my two little nieces (6 am 7 years old) in the back seat of a Volkswagen Beetle.

11. Copperbat says:

All we have is salt free and low-fat pretzels in the moderation room.

12. Noelegy says:

Did the first photo confuse anyone else? Did you see a young cat and a younger cat in the distance? I honestly didn’t realize they were the same age at first.

13. victoreia says:

Thanks, skippymom!

14. Splayed toesies in the 3rd photo!!!

*ded*

15. Theresa says:

Oh No! *turning over snack table*

16. Or as the first verse says;

The cats nestle close to their kittens now.
    The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
    You’re cozy and warm in your bed, my dear.
    Please go the fsck to sleep.

Link for narrarated by Samuel L. Jackson.

17. This is just what I needed after a day spent at the dental school having a troublesome tooth extracted. (Words cannot express what that kind of pain is like.) However, keetayns make it awwwwwwl better.

18. 2ScoopsRice says:

Kitteh is like, “Call me CATTY if you want but will you FUReakin’ let me sleep?! I is so tie tie and in need of a catnap…” HONK-SHU…zZzZz…

19. 2ScoopsRice says:

I think it was a matter of PURRspective ;)

20. This sooooooo reminds me of my sister and I at bedtime. Long, looonggg time ago, peeps. And we weren’t near as cute… just ask my Mom!! ;)

21. You know there’s a vid up on youtube with Samuel L. Jackson reading that book? I won’t post the link, since it’s flagged for obvious reasons, but a simple search by the title and Sammy’s name will bring it up.

22. hrhqueencat says:

and paw nomms – sooo cute

23. IT’S FUNNY ‘COS IT’S TRUE

24. (The Original) Mel says:

Whatever! I just brought giant pretzels with mustard for everyone. No salt pretzels – harumph – my fat cop ass!

25. Maribeth says:

Snort!!

26. Theresa says:

Oh my stinkin’ gosh! All night in moderation! *playing harmonica*

27. Live report from Taipei! Dada & Xiaoxiao just woke up and and about to continue their quest to destroying my room!!

28. That’s very cool, skippymom. I’ll fess up. I have not actually read the book. I keep hearing about it and the title is, um, memorable!

29. hey, keep it quiet in there, youse mugs!

*running billy club along bars*

30. Agh, it’s too much for me – kitteh malarkey and splayed oversized feet! Ded from teh cute.

31. Still can’t believe that they found names that rhyme with Dada & Xiaoxiao.

The one with Werner Herzog just killed me. Something out of a gothic fairytale.

32. ♫ Gonna see Miss Lizaaaa . . . gonna go to Mississippi ♫

33. BTW, that flailing chicken foot looks tasty.

34. 2ScoopsRice says:

Heh heh… ;)

35. I was putting books on the hold shelf today and was flabbergasted to find that that book IS in our library’s collection!

36. OWW :( I can sympathise with you, Jenniger M. Black :( I had an abessed front tooth that needed an emergency root canal when I was a teen and I KNOW the level of PAIN you must of had :(

37. AWW :D Dada and Xiaoxiao are real cuties :D Are they boy kitties or are they girl kitties, Mona H.? :D

38. Dada (left) is a boy, and Xiaoxiao (right) is a girl! :) They were found abandoned on a 4th Floor balcony when they were merely 2 weeks old. Poor things were cold and not moving…We been fostering them and eventually decided to keep them both.

39. Om nom nom nom nom nommmmmmm :-D xx

40. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh @ la Therese & Sharpy …

41. Fird Birfle says:

Dem is sum mighty cutesy kittayns & yay for fostering & Resqte!!!!

42. skippymom says:

Hey, FIRD! Where you BEEN?

43. CatLover says:

Wow! It’s Dada and Xiaoxiao again. I love them so much ever since I saw one of them biting the neck of the other. Was it Dada or Xiaoxiao? Maybe they’re half-vampires. :)

44. Fird Birfle says:

hai skippymom!

*sigh*
    *in the Horspital; surgery agin*

*sigh*
    Glad to “see” ya & enjoyed these kittayns; those endorphins helped :)

45. I hope those collars are elastic, because I see metal buckles rather than breakaway clasps and they could be very dangerous.