A Public Service Announcement About the Most Troubling Issue of Our Times

Each day, thousands of adorable puppies, kittens, squid, and hamsters face a dire fate: The complete lack of worldwide adulation that can only come from appearing in the 2012 Cute Overload Page-A-Day and Wall calendars.

Shocking as it may seem, these neglected creatures will never see their cuteness shared with the world.

Never know the simple joy of tens of thousands of faceless cubicle workers gazing at their proshness and going “awww, wookit da fuzzy haayd” all at once.

Don’t allow your precious loved one to suffer the pain of obscurity in these media-saturated times. Ensure their place in history by sending their picture to Cute Overload in time for the 2013 calendar, currently in production.

To submit photos, visit our Submissions page! Photos must meet these criteria:

• Size: JPEG files should be about 3 MB or larger to appear in the calendar (if smaller, they can still appear on cuteoverload.com);
  • Rights: You should own the copyright to the photos (and give us permission to print them, you’ll see on the Submissions page);
  • Cute: If it reduces Meg to a gelatinous giggling glob of goo, it’s good to go.

Credits: Chmurka the original CoverHam by Pyza. Pippin “Peregrin Prince” (named after the hobbit!) sent by Sammy & Russell; Topanga the non-plussed pug by Absolutely Small. Goose Noms Calendar by Gladys Euphonia Hamspanker (oh all right, Meg).

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

Yay, it’s calendar time!

2. ashagato says:

ok i’m searching tonight. one of mine’s gonna make this year, by god….

3. Martha in Washington says:

*stalking my cat with the camera* “Do something cute already, dammit!”

4. Any way to get feedback to the page-a-day folks? This year’s calendar with the paper binding is much harder to deal with than the just-glue binder of last year’s.

5. Gooooooose!!!1!!1!

6. trinlayk says:

oooh I got some cute kitty photos!

7. Pallina and Pixie don’t seem to understand the importance of sitting still for their Big CO Calendar Photo Shoot! Ha. Silly bunnies. They have no time for fame and fortune, they just want watermelon and peaches and the pure joy of speeding around the living room…Sigh. *Alas, stage Mom decides to keep her day job.* :)

8. I wholeheartedly second this! Goose should be the Chief Puppeh Officer Calendar Cover. Or at least the Editor…

9. And P.S., I love Meg’s new nom de plume. “Gladys Euphonia Hamspanker” indeed. Silly NTMTOM. Snerk.

10. 260Oakley says:

Buns like watermelon? What do they do with the seeds? Have a spittin’ contest?

11. They LOVE watermelon. I take the seeds out. Pallina is especially enthusiastic about it…will jump up on my lap and try to take it from me when I’m eating it.

12. Ha! Not my problem this year! ;)

13. victoreia says:

I keep trying the same thing. They never cooperate. (Apparently they’ve inherited my aversion to being in front of the camera!)

14. victoreia says:

Suuuuuuuuure, gloat about it!

15. Just covering up my “I HAS A SAD”. :(

16. Don’t forget the squid, y’all

17. I read the first caption too fast and thought it said: cute-a-day. Yup, that works too.

18. 260Oakley says:

Well Soldier, grab your ACU and a rabbit, take a picture, and submit it to Buns & Camo. Maybe you can be part of their calendar. ;)

19. Theresa says:

Goose, YO! GOOSE in the HIZZY!

20. Theresa says:

PS: Is Pippin (BEEP!) looking at Topanga on his laptop?

21. Now why ever would I do a thing like that? Kind of anticlimactic after CO, IBKC *and* ICHC in one swell foop. ;)

22. Oh he is, is he? ;)

23. Theresa says:

And not very fuzzy . . . :P

24. He never was, was he?

25. Hey, they revamped the comment thingy. oh, and don’t forget the bats. this site needs more bats

26. WordPress thing. Kinda spiffy.

27. annoyinglittletwerp says:

Long time lurker here. C.O. is one of my daily reads. I submeeeeted several photos of my Totally Useless Tabby, ‘Sheldon’. Sheldon was named after ‘Big Bang Theory’s’ ,Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
    Yeah-the name fits..

28. annoyinglittletwerp says:

Bats are eeeeeexcellent.

29. Theresa says:

That. :D

30. If only a video worked on paper, haha– I have a wonderful video of my cat playing with her toy and she’s so enthused that she totally toots out loud… I can’t figure out how to send it in anyway, apparently it’s too big for my email :(

31. Theresa says:

Upload it somewhere and send a link.

32. Marshwiggle says:

Was this the squid (ok, cuttlefish) that got left out??

33. Starfish says:

Love the ham’s expression. It’s like he’s saying “Did I really look like that?”

Also: *snerks at URL*

34. “Ensure their place in history by sending their picture to Cute Overload in time for the 2013 calendar, currently in production.”

Surely your fingers were just twitching in giddy anticipation whe you typed ” 2013 calendar, currently in production”. Yep, that’s it fur sure.

35. Chmurka!!!

36. PS: Did you forget– OTTERS!!?

37. Can someone please tell me what sorta pup “Pippin” is?? Please oh please!! If I had a pet pic I would definitely submit, sadly my other half seems to be allergic to the world. :(

38. Looks like a Wire-Browed Trufflenose.

39. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

“2013” is not a typo. We have to work on the calendar over a year in advance, so that it can be manufactured and in stores before the end of 2012. The 2012 calendar is already finished.

40. I dunno, Theresa. I’m leaning toward a Miniature Ukranian Lap Hound — in the rough coated variety.

41. I think we need an update on Goose! Pleaze!

42. I hate to be the grammar police here, but the sentence “The complete lack of worldwide adulation that can only come from appearing in the 2012 Cute Overload Page-A-Day and Wall calendars” makes it sound like appearing in the calendar is what causes the lack of adulation. My suggestion: “The complete lack of worldwide adulation can only be overcome by etc.”

43. kimmaroo says:

Oh my! That’s some Cute Overachievement! :-)

44. Alistair says:

Has anyone seen Chmurka and Louie in the same room?

45. I know, right? click my link and look at that face. isn’t it adorable?

46. tracylee says:

eeee! I was wondering if we’d ever see Goose again! YAY!

47. Thrided! I loves me some Goooooose!!!

48. PPS: and sloths?

49. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

I’m totally with you on this one!

50. (The Original) Mel says:

Thank you.

– A Former Editor

51. Squid? I don’t remember no stinkin’ squid!

52. wow, i feel super smart, hahaha

thanks! :)

53. No compensation for the use of our photos? That hardly seems fair. :(

54. Theresa says:

Red, I too am totally enslaved by the Pippin pup. I think it’s the Sloe-eyed Brillocoat. That is, if it’s not the Wire-browed Trufflenose.

55. I 2nd (3rd? umpteenth?) the request for a Goose update post! Yay, Goose!

56. This is absolutely dreadful! It must be remedied, and soon!

57. Is Goose named after what he looks like he could do with that pointy nose of his? :D

Yay Goose! *waving pompoms*

58. At first I thought the top photo was a sardine can with a hammie in it. I am a loon.

59. TrixandSam says:

Theo, think of all your adoring CO fans. WE want you to do a thing like that.

*shifty eyes*

60. luvstehQte says:

my pooch loves cantaloupe. it’s one of the few fruits that she always eats, no matter what else is on the table (she likes to weigh her options, apparently, never one to eat a green been when there’s cheese nearby). she’s never had watermelon, since i’m not a big fan, but i bet she’d like it. she’s generally polite, though, man’s best friend and all of that.

61. luvstehQte says:

d’oh! green bean, not been. *hangs head in shame for not proofreading first*

62. Totally agree. It’s nearly impossible to pull pages off neatly with the new binding, unless I cut it away with something sharp. And I’m dangerous with sharp things…

63. what? meelyons and meelyons of admirers are chopped livah?

[facepalm]

64. kimmaroo says:

Dang! I thought you were calling “goose” as in “duck duck goose.”

(best Emily Littella voice) Nevermind!

65. I can see it, though. Huh.

66. What an absolutetly beautiful bat! I just love them and thank you for that wonderful picture. More bats here, please!?

67. tracylee says:

haha! Likely!
    I know from (*ahem*) experience that pointy-nosed-beasties are particularly good at goosin’…
    (*shifty eyes*)
    (*toward Miss Schnozz in the pic*)

68. Theresa says: