Ah, the Good Old Days…

You kids and your crazy technology! You got your iPod hi-def MP3 linked to your AJAX Twitter DropBox, hacked with LulzSec WikiWaki Nerf ScrappleFarb!

I miss the days when every problem could be solved with a pocket protector mouse. You needed an answer? Just ask the mouse! Done deal!

POCKET-PROTECTOR-HANCE!

This cutie has pocketed our hearts, Shadow Tiger.

Comments

1. What a little cutie! My guys love to ride in my pockets and hoodies!! My elderly boy likes to hang out in my sleeves! Double squee on the COXPPCU!!! You rock!

2. Whiskersplosion!

3. Sammy2121 says:

its like a fireworks show of whiskers!!!

4. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Snortlaff!!!

5. Diddleymaz says:

It’s a rat! Really cute but a rat pocket protector!

6. bluebird says:

I do believe that’s a rat. They seem to come in pocket-nesting, sleeve-tunnelling, and shoulder-riding varieties. Mine was a sleever. Pocketers are the most convenient.

7. Theresa says:

Rat!

NTMTOM rules at inventing convincing yet wacko-sounding jargon. :D

8. Bettymouse says:

Pocketers might be more convenient, but sleevers are cuter when they poke their wee faces out.

9. GeorgiaGirl says:

What, you think “WikiWaki Nerf ScrappleFarb” is not an actual piece of technology?

10. Ooh! Ahh!

11. Blanche says:

Rat or mouse. Same thing.

12. Rebecca says:

Nerf ScrappleFarb *snerk*

13. Definitely a ratter. Aaaadorable. I had a pocketer years ago who came to high school with me most days.

14. Awwww…this reminds me of Mr Hamlet Peanut, my pocket napping teddybear hammy who left for the Cilantro Fields at the ripe old hamster age of 2 1/2…why do pocket pets have such a little while with us? *SNIFF SNIFF*

15. Luv Da Wheeskers!

16. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Really?

17. onionpencil says:

nope, any more than monkeys are same as people (i wouldn;t insult the monkeys that way) ;)

18. kibblenibble says:

Me too! Just looking at the COXPPCU makes me feel all tickly! :-)

19. Snailcall says:

Eeeeeks I was just thinking the other day that this site needed more ratties! This cutie looks just like my boys, but they never’ve liked going into pockets. They prefer to hide in my shirt, which reaaaaaally freaks out men. :P

20. victoreia says:

And boy, would they be insulted if we did!

21. Ratty! Put chef’s hat on him and voilla! Ratatouille.

22. puffy21 says:

Awww! Thats SO cute

23. (The Original) Mel says:

Even Deep Thought knows that mice run the planet anyway.

24. Just like my hamster! He loves to crawl in my dad’s shirt pocket and take a little nap:)

25. “WikiWaki Nerf ScrappleFarb”??? ROFL. thats awesome.

adorabuhl mouse (or rat-?)

26. Hilarious hover text on the first photo…

27. Is that a rodent in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

28. Quick, pocket-rat, what is 82 x 14?

Gruyere.

29. bookmonstercats says:

I have just checked my stash of technology – I-pod, Nintendo DS, Kindle, netbook.

I don’t have the LulzSec WikiWaki Nerf ScrappleFarb. Most importantly, I don’t have the pocket protector rat. My life is no longer complete.

30. bookmonstercats says:

Rats and mice are the same thing. In the Qteness stakes, certainly, there’s nothing to choose between them.

*sits back with a lunchtime Margarita (it is after midday here) and waits for the protests to begin*

31. bookmonstercats says:

Cool school.

32. bookmonstercats says:

Couldn’t say, ^oo^, but I am certainly happy to see the rodent ;)

33. Gonna say it to- yep that’s a rat, not the same as a mouse. But very cute indeed!!

34. Yup an adorable rat!

35. bluebird says:

My sleever was incomparably cute!
    Pocketers are so convenient because all you need do is wear a top with, well, pockets. Some pocketers adore pullover sweatshirts with a single transverse front pocket, and others prefer cosier mug-shaped pockets. If you need to conceal or restrain your sweetie for any reason, putting your hand in your pocket is low-key and natural looking. If s/he pees in your pocket, no big deal.
    Sleevers require a commitment to wearing long sleeves for the lifespan of your pet. You’ll need sleeves that have enough give for your pet to trundle around, yet not so loose that s/he risks falling out at the wrist. Knits work best. Although your pet doesn’t mean to pee on your arm, it happens now and then. Choose medium-to-dark washable fabrics. Be diligent about maintaining your pet’s pedicure. To contain your pet, pull the edge of the sleeve to your palm and hold it in place with your fingers. With practice, this looks fairly natural but you’ll have a strange bulge at the elbow. If you’re taking your sweetie somewhere pet-unfriendly, a loose cardigan or sweatshirt is advisable.
    Riders are brave and very social. They like to perch on your shoulder and survey the world. They’ll dodge round the back of your neck and switch shoulders depending on the view. The most sensible thing to wear is a padded shoulder protector but that looks unacceptably dorky. Instead wear thick fabrics such as sweatshirting or denim. I like a jean jacket best. It wears well, is washable, and riders are less likely to tangle their claws in wovens than knits. Again, they will occasionally pee on you, and pedicure maintenance is important. The real issue with riders is how to conceal them. It’s best to teach your pet to retreat to a pocket or purse on command, but not always easy—riders like to see what’s going on. Long hair may be your best bet.
    Then there is the rare cleavage-snuggler. These little pets want you to wear a shelf-style bra, creating a safe snug nest inside. They are quite shy, but will occasionally demand to peek out your neckline. They give you a “uniboob” appearance, one that wiggles oddly. Wear a low v or scoop neckline with a cardigan over it. A loose cardi in a chunky eyelash yarn is the most concealing. Overheating can be an issue, so try to wear shirts in loosely woven breathable fabrics such as linen and size your bra up a bit to provide the needed room.

36. And hoodie hiding!

37. Hoodie hiders must be a variant of pocketeers, so cute, Rat pee must be most difficult with the cleavage snuggler

38. I miss my ratties! My last one left me a year ago…love the little guys!

39. bluebird says:

Oooh, next time I’ll find me a hoodie hider!

40. Shadow Tiger says:

Squee! That’s Oreo! About half-grown, and hiding in her mommy’s pajamma pocket.

41. luvstehQte says:

this is all incredibly informative! i’m impressed that you’ve put so much thought into this, particularly the knits vs. wovens aspect. i’m also relieved that you find padded shoulders to be unacceptably dorky! :)

42. Queen of Dork says:

This, Cute Overload, is the best site on the web. :)

43. Rodent. =)

44. My rats have all been cleavage snugglers! I took them to the vet that way once but Cleo didn’t want to come out because she was having a snooze. Nothing like walking home with a rat in your shirt!

45. rats are much smarter