Popover Sometime

Hullo, what’s this then? Well, well, making popovers are we? (hovers about “helpfully“)
Make sure your batter is fluffy now, mm-hmmm.

Then fill the cup up to the ears.

Avoid popover flop over – once they’re in the oven – no peeking!

Voila! The puffiest popovers simply must be served immediately!

Thanks for pudding up with us, Padme Hamidala and Susan G.!

Comments

1. kodalai says:

Ahh! The narration! Such cuteness.

2. ashagato says:

sweet little mousie ears… wanna nom ‘em so bad!

3. scarletgunn says:

best hamster name ever.

4. omg that second photo keeled me.

may i plant a smooch ‘tween those earsies, please?

5. I prefer to use the ‘until zee wheeskairs SPROING ovair zee leep of zee cup’ measurement, as illustrated in pic# deux.

6. Is there an award for beadiest eyes ever? Cuz I think we gotta winner right here.

7. Hamlet or mouselet that is the question. ;-)

8. I just love the first photo.

9. Queen of Dork says:

Whiskers. Beady eyes. I’m feeling somewhat dizzy here……

10. Yes, I thought mouse too. Then I read the name Padme Hamidala, and had to throw out my mouse post and start all over. :-)

11. They’re like drops of mercury!

12. tagatha says:

Indeed.

13. scarletgunn says:

that’s what i thought as well.

I CONFUSE

14. Wow, surprising. Most people don’t know what a Popover is. Nice to see the name pop up somewhere, heh. Just finished eating the batch I made the other day today.

Thankfully there were no cute rodents hanging around in my Popover pans.

15. Fird Birfle says:

Wow. Meg & co must be on diets this weekend.
    It’s Julia Childs Week [or perhaps the Swedish Chef Week?:) ] here @ CO: ducks feeding koi; dogues eating & slurping their OJ; “helpful hovering hamster” Popover recipies [sp?] ….

I”M FULL!!!

Now, as to this marvy set o’ photos:
    1: nice precision visual levels (translucent ear nubs & tiny strands of fur)
    2: CUTE EAR NUBS and, finally, also,
    [before others realize they've missed the Early Bird Opportunity]

“BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!” on da Nosie.

— warm fuzzies in re. the phrase “hovering helpfully” :)

16. Fird Birfle says:

also/ PS:

Hee eez thee same couleur as the lil’ person in the post called “Frizzker Asplosion” and their marvelous whiskaires are similar. I wondaire, whether perhaps they derive from the Same Famille????

17. Maybe an African Soft Furred Rat? They are beady-eyed like that.

18. Da kitties say, “Oh Yes! We’ll take potluck!

19. Keep going with that. You’ve almost got a song there.

(Maybe a not so romantic song, but a song nonetheless! Haha.)

20. dwarf hammie silly peeps!

21. Captions, hovertext and narration….award worthy Pyrit!

22. Theresa says:

ATTN: WHEESKÈRES!!

23. Popovers, aka Yorkshire Pudding, aka Dutch Babies!

24. Queen of Dork says:

Wow. This picture caused me to think of the book, Peter Cottontail. And then I realized I have no idea who actually wrote that. So then I looked into that. And was really surprised that I didn’t know the actual author. 8O

25. 260Oakley says:

And da hammies say: “That’s a load of crock(pot)!”

26. Beady beadies!!! :-)

27. Dear heavens we’re nerds.

28. Those whiskers are out of control. In a good, adorable way.

29. My, oh my, you sure know how to arrange things
    You set it up so well, so carefully
    Ain’t it funny how your new pot didn’t change things
    You’re still the same old Ham you used to be

You can’t hiiiiiiiide those beady eyes.
    And that fur is a thin disguise.
    I thought by now you’d realize
    There ain’t no way to hide your beady eyes.
    Honey, you can’t hide your beady eyes.

Apologies to the Eagles.