Encore Presentayshe: Let’s Go for a Catwalk

Since 2008, two French hikers have chronicled their trek from Miami, FL to the tip of South America, a journey of 15,000km (about 9,320 miles) through 13 countries.

But what elevates this hike down a hemisphere straight into the Cuteosphere is the third member of the team: A stray kitten who joined them in Louisiana.

Hup, two, three, four, Sender-Inner Keri F. See all the cat-trekking action over at Turn of the World!

Comments

1. Ze link, she does not, how you say, work? Maybe it’s just moi…:(

2. That neck map shot just keels me !

3. er….neck Nap shot

4. 2ScoopsRice says:

Need…cat…nap…after…cat…walk…

My hoomin did all the walking but man, I’m pooped…

5. This is so sweet.

6. Mary (the first) says:

Non, I also received erreur 404 :(

7. Marianne in GA says:

I think it’s great that the cat has stayed with the hiker for all this time; cats can be as loyal as dogs! And the guy is obviously taking good care of the cat. But I worry about them–the most recent news is from August of 2010, almost a year ago, when he was in Columbia. Has anyone heard any more recent info?

8. I haven’t kept up with their story since I first heard about them way back when, but the last news I recall is the woman went back to France and the guy and cat stopped somewhere in Columbia where he worked for a video company. I don’t know if they resumed their trek.

9. Hat matchingks?

10. So where are they now? Any updates?

11. I got to the website through the “chronicled” link, but unfortunately, it was in French, which I don’t speak/understand. I’m assuming they kept the kitten when their walk was done, right??

12. warrior rabbit says:

Their FB page says they will resume walking next year.

13. All I can think about is how having a kitty draped around your neck like that has to be a bit like wearing a fur scarf in the heat. I’m amazed that Mssr. Kitteh-carrier wasn’t sweating buckets the whole time!

14. dogsleder says:

This is the most recent post on the kitty’s FaceBook page.

Kitty Turnoftheworld ~

The next year is the year of the preparation of the resumption of the walking…
    July 3 at 8:35am

They must have settled down for awhile to make the video. More adventures to come!

15. This submission just made me cry. I had to put my kitty down a few days ago due to illness. She too was a stray when we took her in ten years ago and gave everyone in the house h – e – double hockey sticks from beginning to end… But we definitely loved her for it. And when I saw these pics, it startled me just how similar her markings were to this little guy. So I think it’s a sign that she’s not really gone… just on a really amazing journey somewhere beautiful…….

16. Sad!

17. I’m sure she’s in a better place and enjoying every minute of her journey. Hugs to you! So sorry you had to do this, I’m totally dreading the day my kitty goes :(

18. Oh damn. *hugs from us* :(

19. Rachael says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope your happy memories will tide you over until you meet again.

20. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Thanks for catching this. I corrected the link at the bottom of the article.

21. If there is anywhere on this planet, where people understand what you feel when you lose a furry baby it’s here on C.O. Hang in there sweetie ((big huggs))

22. i am overhwhelmed with the cuteness, the sweetness, the je-ne-sais-quoiness of this collaboration between man and beastie. it is perfection. BFF!

23. BFF – Best Feline Forever?? I agree :)

24. 260Oakley says:

Gives new meaning to the term “napsack”.

25. chanpon says:

I love the shot in the video of the kitty when it was still an teensy eensy bebeh, but my favorite has to be the kitty asleep in the little napsack in the back, head bobbing all over the place during their walk. :D

I want a backpack kitty now!

26. californiagirl says:

That is the cutest ever! You can tell she really trusts you. Many happy adventures together!

27. Fird Birfle says:

After seeing *just the top* pic of these …. Now I want to ge a kitteh *STAT*, specifically for the purpose of finding a slouchy fabric hat to put on his/her haid, while he/ she’s taking his/ her “catnap”. WOT a charming photo! :)

28. Snowpea says:

In one of his videos before he stopped in Columbia, he’s explaining how since his partner returned home, he’s found it a lot more difficult to find places to stay. People are more suspicious of a man walking alone. Being with a woman was more reassuring to people he would talk with. It made me sad and worried me for the fate of the cat. It sounds like he’s doing some kind of graphic design work in S-America right now.

29. bookmonstercats says:

Rainbows being sent to you now. Your kitty had a long and happy life, Inawwe. She is in a beautiful place.

30. Queen of Dork says:

I’m sending you the warmest and most healing thoughts and feelings. I’m so very sorry for your loss.

31. d’oh!!! lol oakley

32. it sounds like they accomplished their goal of going from miami to ushuaia in terra del fuego in argentina (?). there are photos on facebook of them there. it’s hard for me to understand exactly what is going on since the english translation on site is not functioning.

33. chanpon says:

Well, gee thanks. If I wasn’t dead from the cute before, you have killed me.

34. That’s so true! This is one place where you’ll never be told “It’s just a cat” (or dog, or hamster, etc.). We’ve all been there. So sorry for your loss.

35. I loved the little umbrella keeping the hot sun off of kitty’s head. I wonder if they ever had any problems bringing the cat over various borders?

36. Was that on the FB page? I went and they seem to make some efforts to have it translated into English… But they had a link to a French animal mag that has a feature article on Kitty this month, so I will put an investigator on this case and follow that track to see if I can get some info. But one of the French comments from someone who had gotten the mag seemed to suggest that the girl had gotten sick and was getting better. Off the the “buraliste” to see if they have that paper…

37. Im sorry that you had a difficult time. My condolences for you at this time.

38. kimmaroo says:

Oh no! That’s so awful, InAwwe! Know that your kitty’s smiling down on you and sending you her love.

39. yes sophie the photo was on the FB page – the kitty was posing by a great stone pyramid/monument and the text said that it was at ushuaia. i’d love to hear what you may find out.

40. This story, these people and their kitty, all of it melts me completely. <3

I am a pile of goo.

41. mplsdeb says:

Absolutely precious. Nice to know the kitty is still with them.

42. I love to go a wandering, along the mountain track, and as I go I love to sing my napcat on my back. Fal-der-ee, fal-der-aa, fal-der-ee, fal-der-aa, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha ha! My napcat on my back!

43. Fird Birfle says:

that song is so fun :)

*walks away, singing
    the “fal-der-eeeeeeeeee, fal-der-aaaaaaaaah” part, over & over again *

44. revolution724 says:

The video of them on the boat was very nice, too. Kitty seems to ADORE Mssr. Hiker.

45. one could call him Mr Continental ;)

46. say that fast three times….

47. Oh my. That is adorable

48. Omigaaaawd…

49. As far as I know, they goal of this couple was to travel for 1 Euro a day. The girl gave up somewhere and went back to France. The guy got married to a girl from S America. They had a very nice pic of the kitty and the bride on their wedding day. The guy also mentioned that he was feeling very weak so he wanted to take a break.

50. luvstehQte says:

i think guillaume and kitty definitely need to be on the ‘men of cute overload’ calendar!!! i’d vote for the picture where bebbeh kitty is sleepingks on the back of his neck. i’d cuddle up there for sure!

51. pretty sure this was already posted like 4 months ago.. :(

52. and thus the word “encore.”

53. So sorry for your loss. I understand. We had to put our 21 year old cat down in March. When I got to pet one of the cats at the Hemingway House in Key West in June, I then had to find a secluded bench to sit and cry for a while. My thoughts are with you.

54. The girl, Letitia, l left sometime between Costa Rica and Colombia. The couple got into several scary situations and she couldn’t take it anymore. On the video page of their website there is a tape called teaser that shows part of what was going on. I don’t blame her for going home. Without her along the guy Guillaume has had a much harder time. People were less willing to help a guy by himself. He was constantly turned away when he asked people for room to pitch his tent for the night. He made some friends though and was helped by some people. Usually it seem the people who helped him were poor, but they shared what they had and were kind to him. The last video is a year ago though Facebook says he is working in Colombia. I wish he would update the English part of his webpage. My french is not great anymore and He talks so fast on the podcasts. But then I also have a hard time following Colombian Spanish. It sure doesn’t sound like the way my cousins speak Spanish. He stopped the trip for a while in 2009. I hope he makes it. Walking the length of South America will be an amazing feat.

55. I don’t suppose you would have any links? That is a lovely story, I am so glad that dude and kitty settled down somewhere. How sweet.

56. I think I saw this update on Kitty’s facebook profile when the pictures were still public. Haven’t added Kitty, but I think you can add her and see the pics. The guy also mentioned that he takes Kitty out for a walk on his back regularly so that she does not lose her habit of travelling.

57. Meep

58. AWW :cry: InAwwe :cry: I am sending a BIG CYBER HUG.

59. that is what i was wondering. when they cross borders, dont they ususally want quarantine for pets when it is international?

60. Awesome!! Is the cat named an appropriate travelling name?