Nobody Understands Emo Kitten

Emo Kitten’s skinny jeans are on too tight.

Emo Kitten doesn’t expect you uncreative facists to understand her paintings.

Emo Kitten thinks if after getting dressed you can’t breathe and look like a hobo, you’ve done it right.

Life is hard for Emo Kitten.

Via Izismile Emo Factoids and hover factoids from Urban Dictionary.

1. hrhqueencat says:

awww, beeeoootiful blue eyes, wistfully dreaming of tuna;

Blue eyes
    Watching over me
    Blue eyes
    I love blue eyes
    When I’m by her side
    Where I long to be
    I will see
    Blue eyes laughing in the sun
    Laughing in the rain
    Baby’s got blue eyes
    And I am home, and I am home again …

2. Noelegy says:

Nobody knows what it’s like
    to be the sad cat
    behind blue eyes

3. Mary (the first) says:

Perfect!! Thank you

4. bob drummond says:

That is one beautiful poem and an extraordinary picture of a young cat looking into space (not at the camera). How beautiful !!!!

5. That is most precious. MOST precious.

6. Fird Birfle says:

shhhh!!! don’t let Emo Kitten hear you; he might be offended by our presuming his Precious-ness!!!

7. Ok the eye booger I see reminds me to ask all you cute-lover cat owners out there a gross question. My cat LOVES to eat her eye boogers! If she ever has any and I pick them out for her, she is all over me to eat them! Is my cat just a little freakazoid here, or does anyone else’s cat do that too??

PS. I like emo kitty too, I bet a good nose-booping will cheer her up :)

8. Red Toenails says:

Um…gross. Not nice to say eye booger. Say eye boogie. Te he…

9. Haha it IS gross! But I guess that answers my question. Moose the cat is just a weirdo! At least it gives me one less thing to clean up…

10. Our family dog does the same thing! I thought Kenzie was the freakazoid!

11. Me, Echo! says:

Hey your kittehs name is Moose and Megs dog is named Goose! ;-]

12. skippymom says:

Hmm…I take boogers out of Chloe’s eyes all the time, and she’s never shown any interest in them. So I think your cat is a freak, but aren’t all cats freaks in their own particular ways?
    Okay, and I just gagged a little thinking about eating eye boogers.

13. Rachael says:

One of my dogs like to lick my eye boogies first thing in the morning. I try not to let her, but she grabs hold of my head pretty tightly and just goes for it.

14. Theresa says:

“I love the smell of eye boogers in the morning . . . it smells like . . . eye boogers.”

15. Fird Birfle says:

@ Rachael — or, more accurately, @ [one of] Rachael’s dogs —
    and with all due inclusion & respect — 8-O

16. luvstehQte says:

nope, not a freak, my dog does the same thing. luvs them!

17. Yay we’re not alone!

18. Sasha's Mum says:

Hmm, I don’t recall Sasha ever going for eye boogers (which, thankfully, she doesn’t get very often) … but she is very fond of earwax. Every time she hears me scratching inside my ear she sits and waits for me to let her lick my finger. And I have to put the garbage with used q-tips in an inaccessible location.

Is this thread straying too far into TMI zone?

19. kodalai says:

Yes, sadly, my cat is nuts about earwax — I have to bury my used q-tips deep in the trash, and he’ll knock over the can to dig for them.

20. Theresa says:

OK, I’ll throw my little weirdo into the ring. Nothing as gross as body by-products, but all manner of herby and minty smells attracted my late beloved Stinky like a magnet, and sent him into a catnip-like trance. So he would always jump up on the sink and disrupt when I was brushing my teeth/rinsing my mouth. And when I went to bed, he would sit on top of my, sniffing my breath, and when he was a kitten, even tried to pry my jaws apart so he could get a really good whiff. 8O Sweet little pinhead.

21. Fird Birfle says:

*visualizes kitty “trying to pry” la Therese’s jaws apart*
    …..sees Jaws of Life
    in mind’s eye ….mind boggles …

22. Ooh I’ve got that too! Whenever I put on mint chapstick, Moose gets all close and keeps trying to lick my lips! It’s cute for a second, then it’s kinda gross. When she was a baby and had a tinier nose she’d try to stick it in my mouth– and when that failed, she’d just stick her nose up my nose instead

23. victoreia says:

I have to make sure I toss my used q-tips in the lidded-trash can, otherwise my Kyuri *will* dig them out! (Ezri, not so much.)

24. My cat loves Q-tips, used or unused! I have to hide the used ones deep in the trash too, cause she just looooves to eat the cotton off the ends and it really grosses me out to know she ate a used one. Animals are so weird.

25. Me, Echo! says:

My cat looks like a hobo.If she would stop getting her beautiful soft, LONG fur (and curly fur may I add too) so filthy she would be the pretties cat on the block.But no.She gets her long, WHITE (come on, why did it have to be WHITE? 8-})

26. Me, Echo! says:

oops!For some dumb reason I posted my comment before I finished it! I’ll start where I left off; 8-} Curly hair all filthy!She has a creamy light orange tail and face and paws and ears.Then she has MONSTER eye boogies.Its common for their breed (Selkirk Rex) to have kinda gunky eyes, but her appearance is soooooo HOBO!So Hilz, your kitteh is not the only weird one.
    And as for the eating of the Q-tips, my cat ate a corn cob, a piece of bread, and just plain weird little things. ;-p

27. Emo Kitten thinks eyeliner is too mainstream, wears eye-boogers instead.

(OMG I want to smoochie that wittle face!)

28. Red Toenails says:

I wonder what it’s thinking of?

29. Fird Birfle says:

either cheap hair dye (see hovertext) or possibly about this guy’s music:

30. Noelegy says:

Aww, I lurve Leonard Cohen! But he’s pretty far from emo.

31. Sasha's Mum says:

Leonard Cohen is a god! A poetic genius! He is anything but emo! You take that back right now!

32. ashagato says:

33. Theresa says:

Leonard Cohen might be a Grandfather of Emo. :P But if this li’l fella is old school, I’m betting he’s this kind of old school ;)

34. Fird Birfle says:

a mooost egg-scellent cherce, there, Th :)

35. Emo kitty has a teardrop tattoo and wears a stripey scarf when it’s 32’C/90’F to express her individuality, just like all her emo friends.

36. Needs more eyeliner!

37. Fird Birfle says:

or more cow bell ???…

38. Emo kitten is contemplating the futility of living 9 lives.

All of them doomed to end in wretched heartbreaks.

39. Fird Birfle says:

Hence, the following illustration (hoping it will embed???)

40. LOL!

41. Does Emo Pony understand Emo Kitten?

42. kodalai says:

Emo kitten ought to schedule a meet-up with Emo Pony and Emo Bun. They can commiserate about how misunderstood they all are.

43. Fird Birfle says:

that thought came to my mind as well. And I would probably suggest that they consider inviting Beatnik Kitty from the Record Store (at the moment I’m feeling too world-weary to do the research necessary to list the actual Name/ Headline of the post. It’s the one where he’s wearing a knit cap and Nerdy Spectacles.

44. ams1001 says:
  45. Fird Birfle says:

oooooooooooooooooo YEH, bebeh!!! Thanks, man!!!

(or “woman”, as the case might be…)

Groovin’, on a Friday (evening, but that doesn’t fit the song’s rhythm scheme ….)

46. ams1001 says:

Yer ever so welcome. :)

That’d be woman. ;)

47. warrior rabbit says:

I love the Emo series!

48. Me, Echo! says:

Yeah, and I also thought that emo Bun and emo Kitteh and emo Pony all are VERY beautiful animals! I want them all!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Oh Emo Kitten, you are just too emo for most of us.
    *struggles to get into skin tight pants* Ooof

50. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh very nice.

51. martha in mobile says:

Emo Kitten is just hoping whomever buys her (because she looks to be a mink bicolor ragdoll) also remembers to donate to the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee fundraiser. Because not every kitten is lucky enough to be Emo.

52. SlaveToCAt says:

“Blue (Da Ba De)”

Yo listen up here’s a story
    About a little guy that lives in a blue world
    And all day and all night and everything he sees
    Is just blue like him inside and outside
    Blue is his house with a blue little window
    And a blue corvette
    And everything is blue for him and hisself
    And everybody around
    Cos he ain’t got nobody to listen to

I’m blue da ba dee da ba die…

I have a blue house with a blue window.
    Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
    Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
    I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
    Blue are the people here that walk around,
    Blue like my corvette, it’s standing outside.
    Blue are the words I say and what I think.
    Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

I’m blue da ba dee da ba die…

I have a blue house with a blue window.
    Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
    Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
    I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
    Blue are the people here that walk around,
    Blue like my corvette, it’s standing outside.
    Blue are the words I say and what I think.
    Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

I’m blue da ba dee da ba die…

Inside and outside blue his house
    With the blue little window and a blue corvette
    And everything is blue for him and hisself
    And everybody around cause he aint got
    Nobody to listen to

I’m blue da ba dee da ba die…

53. Diddleymaz says:

She’s not emo ,she’s winsome!

54. victoreia says:

Those eyes! They’re so blue! *swoons*

55. victoreia says:

Also: “The spice must flow!”

56. jlamusings says:

ha! So is emo kitteh spice-addicted? (or maybe that’s nip-addicted)

57. clever!

58. Theresa says:

“A DUNE reference is an ugly thing– and I think it’s just about time we had one!”

59. Theresa says:

Oh crap, what’d I do? Pass the chips ‘n’ dip, please?

60. Ali-Baba says:

Here ya go! Fresh guacamole and tortilla chips….with a Mojito chaser! :-)

61. Fird Birfle says:

wow the crudites and cocktail drinks are all color-coordinated, non???? ;)

62. victoreia says:

Oh, and: BEEP!

63. She’s thinking about how unfair it is that there are no pandas in her cupboards.

Emo kitty, I understand.

64. Spelling error… Fascist.

65. Starfish says:

Emo Kitty is so deep and jaded she doesn’t need to spell properly.

66. Fird Birfle says:

wow like, totally. Who needs The Man’s Rules, anyway???

67. PRESHE

68. Gail White says:

Just what does “emo” mean anyway?

69. Fird Birfle says:

here are two bits, one from the Urban Dictionary webpage and another from Wikipedia:

From the Urban Dictionary webpage:

1. Emo
    Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands’ signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair

From Wikipedia:

The exact origins of the term “emo” are uncertain, but date back to at least 1985. According to Andy Greenwald, author of
    Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo,

“The origins of the term ’emo’ are shrouded in mystery […] but it first came into common practice in 1985.

Emo emerged from the hardcore punk scene of early-1980s Washington, D.C.,

History/ Origins: 1980s [song] “Remainder” by Rites of Spring

The melodic guitars, varied rhythms, and deeply personal lyrics of Rites of Spring broke from the rigid boundaries of hardcore and helped launch the “emotional hardcore” or “emocore” style.

70. boy i don’t know about that…. emo started in DC AND at the same time as Fugazi?? no way!

i’d stick with the hovertexts for the best description or just google “emo” if you’re really, really interested in esoteric, barely important music history trivia :)

71. ashagato says:

wow Fugazi! have you got connections to DC, sharpy, and/or are you just very well-informed about musical history?

72. Me, Echo! says:

Thanks for tellin’

73. Me, Echo! says:

Yeah I wus tinking ta same ting…Someone plz TELL *echos around room sevral times*

74. I wounder what she is thinkiing about with the dreamy look on her face

75. That kitten looks like he/she needs a cuddling which I would be very happy to give him/her :D