Scroll-down Surprise

When at first I saw this photo in the Sub-mee-shons mailbag, I thought—what a cute bebeh wallaby!

And then

I scrolled

down

OMG BABIES HAVING BABIES

Sender-Inner Ally R. captured these shots in between “hugging koalas” at the Cohunu Koala Park. Wallabys having babies hoverfacts by Treasure Ranch.

Comments

1. LOVE the li’l folded hands in the first pic! All polite-like – “YES, suh – I am indeed a little lady!”

P.S. FIRST!

2. victoreia says:

Kids having kids…..tsk. They get younger every day.

3. Oh those dainty paws in the first picture! Love.

4. Marshwiggle says:

I know right?! So polite. That will be one properly brought up mini-wallaby, I’m sure.

5. Wallabinception
    Sorry :(

6. Theresa says:

Oh KNOCK IT OFF!!!

*\/\/\/\/\/\/\/*
    *>SPLODE<*
    * /\/\/\/\/\/\*

7. Theresa says:

Anyone check the tiny one’s pounch? 8O It’s not just a furry matryoshka doll, is it?

8. The Sisters at convent school tried to make me hold my hand just like that when they took pictures!

9. the dainty crossed hands kilt me. kilt me ded.

10. Quelle scandal! Next thing you know, they’ll be offering her a reality show!

11. Martha in Washington says:

I now have such sincere sympathy for all female wallabies! Sheesh! Dude Wallabies, give her a rest!

BTW–Cute Mama and wallababy!

12. She looks so friendly. I want to drink tea and gossip with her.

13. dogsleder says:

Wallabies are much smaller than kangaroos, so this is most likely a full-grown one. Many animals have delayed implantation built into their reproductive cycles to take into account seasonal weather, denning, food sources, etc.

14. I’m sorry but I got a bit distracted by the enormous piles of wallaby waste in the picture.

15. Am I the only one that’s ever wanted to check out one if those pouches ?
    I don’t mean I want to crawl in one I just want to examine one up close .
    O.k. I admit I would like to put my hand in one just to see how warm it is .
    I wonder if it would be like rubbing my kitty’s belleh ? Are they furry inside or more like velvet ? hmmmmmmmmmm….. inquiring mind(s) want to know.

16. PS: Ally R, how dare you go hugging koalas without me?

17. No patent leather shoes, girls! :mrgreen:

18. Joey:

So how YOU doing?

19. I’m thinking there’s a little pack of tissues, a couple of almost-used-up lipsticks, a small bottle of Tylenol, and some cough drops that the wrapping has come off, and they’re all sticky. :P

20. songbrdnurse says:

Probably some cheapo Mc D’s happy meal toys, baggies of old Cheerios, hand sanitizer…all the things a good mama carries with her at all times. “But, .dadgummittt! Wherethehecks mah keys?!?!”

21. Fird Birfle says:

not unless she curses like a sailor,
    or does The Wild Thing — on the cowsche — in the front room :)

22. Fird Birfle says:

such depths of depravity, even at such a young age.

23. Fird Birfle says:

24. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: how accurately you describe Life and its Accessories.

25. Diapause: like Monarch butterflies and Michelle Duggar

26. It’s skin, so not furry or velvety: apparently like the inside of your eyelid [i.e., a tad mucous-y and more (see The Simpsons' episode 'Bart vs. Australia'] once an undiapered joey is inside.

27. How PROSH! Dainty folded paws, small quaint smile… :)

28. lol. I was just about to compare wallabies to the Duggars. Taking over the world, one progeny after another. ; )

29. Kangaroos are also smaller than than I previously thought. I have to say, though, that wallabies are SO freaking soft. And cute. And bouncy.

30. Heather S. says:

And I thought I was the only one who noticed that. All these *splode comments and all I can think is WOW that’s a big pile back there for such a small animal.

31. P.S. Not.

32. Demure smile… that’s the word I was looking for…

33. tracylee says:

aw, man, you’ve just given me yet ANOTHER thing to add to my list – after giving a lion a bellyrub, eating breakfast with a giraffe, and reading a book on the beach with a penguin, I will just have to have tea with a lady wallaby. my life will not be complete until then.

34. Theresa says:

I forgot about the airplane-sized bottle of Schnapps. :P

35. Theresa says:

HAW.

36. Theresa says:

Won’t someone think of the joeys!!??

37. LOL You two That is a rock. or two… depending on it’s actual configurartion

That little wallaby would not make that size of a poop… ROFL… a cow would.

38. Wallabies are adorable, very timid and gentle. If you get a chance to hand-feed one, do.

39. That is so not a rock. It’s too bright to be a rock. A rock would be dull and scuffed over.

40. Um, sorry.

Anyway . . . KittyAdventures is right.

41. Dainty folded paws and demure smile. Well put. She could be a little porcelain doll, except for the joey wriggling around in her pouch.

42. Ahem, it seems to me that Dainty Paws is a rule of cuteness, is it not?

43. Becky, Bubba'smom says:

Ah, pardon me sir, you have a wallaby-head-shaped strangulated hernia. You’d better get that attended to stat!

44. At Busch Gardens in Tamps, they have an area where you can feed red kangaroos and wallabies. They are all so soft and cute. It’s one of my favorite parts of the park.

45. Folded hands imply modesty but that crowing smile indicates otherwise. Hey, I’d be proud of having a little one like that too.

46. wannadance says:

and talk about gossip! anything you want to know about the wallaguys, she knows. ennnnything!

47. wannadance says:

wow. that’s amazing. is it mostly marsupials? or ones with normal boiths?
    if a non-marsupial has delayed implantation, where does the delayed hang out. i mean, where is it stored until needed? if not needed, um, well, uh, how long before that is evident and something happens to give it a change of pace? there is only so long a delayed implantee can study language tapes before it’s ready to move on…

whew. wow.

48. wannadance says:

also, what exactly is denning?

49. wannadance says:

WAH!!!!

50. wannadance says:

blech. this raises the question of how to hose it down once the joey has hopped away…throw a little Tide in there and just use the spray attachment?
    oh, wait. there might be a next generation joey undiapered there…

so many questions. so few theories. i bet the answers to my questions are not on Wiki

51. wannadance says:

she’s been standing in one place since puberty, no time to even go to a concert or shopping or anything. just eat and poop and mate and birth.

oh, the lot of a mother and mother and mother and mother…

52. Spending the winter in a den, I expect.

53. Or Sebaceans.

54. Maybe they have wallaby mills, like puppy mills.

55. I still say that’s poop, even if it’s not from a wallaby.

56. wannadance says:

hmmmm, Sebaceans…didn’t they all croak during the fifth extinction? or was that the Crudites?

57. Theresa says:

HAW!

58. Theresa says:

Is HAW spelled backwards. :D

59. That place is amazing. You get to pet and feed wallabies and hug koalas. It’s a must if you ever go to Australia. :-)

60. 6Rabbits says:

Downloaded pic and enlarged it. (I don’t know how to embed–sorry)
    Although the resolution wasn’t great, you can tell it’s not poop.
    Looks like a termite mound, maybe?

Regardless, the picture is precious!

61. kangaroos have two vaginas. fact. that is all

62. It’s a rock…. here in WA rocks dont get dull scuffed over since the only weather is SUN! :) trust me, I wouldn’t have submitted this if wallaby waste was front and centre!