My, My, What Have We Here?

“Ack!” “Eek!”

Backpedaling, shifty eyes, spitting on the ground, “OK, moving on then…!” in 3, 2, 1, …

Photo by owner Ken G., who tells us,  “This is Indiana (Indy) the corgi and Binx (Maine Coon).  They are a year old, Binx is about 5 weeks older than Indy and grew up together.  Everyday around 2:00, Binx gives Indy a bath.  I took this shot while they were on the sofa.  I said, “What are ya’ll doing?”  Too cute!”

Comments

1. Please! This is a family blog!

2. PugNuggler says:

Kitteh looks all bewildered, like “How the heck did I get in this position!?!”

3. ha nice ;)

4. Adorabuhls. Srsly.

5. Dang, those are some guilty expressions. I turned my laptop to get the full effect of those guilt-ridden corgi eyebrows.

Shocking. :D

6. tracylee says:

commence pearl-clutching in 3…2…1…

7. Simpleh shockin’ snorgalin’ sessche, supah sweet!

8. kibblenibble says:

I loff thees! :lol:

9. skippymom says:

Ha, this is rated sub-sub-G compared to the stuff my Eddy and Francesco get up to.

10. Bath. That what they’re callin’ it these days?

11. flutter-by says:

Awwww….so prosh, they are!

12. Ken G., I covet your animals.

13. Don’t judge interspecies snorgles. Love is really all we need.

14. flutter-by says:

A loving embrace now, but wonder if they get all *growly or hiss-y with slap and tickle* thrown in for good measure?? They are adorable, though.

15. Fird Birfle says:

BEST use of pearl-clutching
    meme EVAIRE!!!!!!!!111!!!!ZOMGPONIES!!!!!11!!![etc, to infinity]

16. Fird Birfle says:

*mind boggles and proceeds to shut down; forced shutdown
    of cerebellum hard drive commences*

Coping strategy:
    *fingaires in both ears*
    “La la la I CAN”T HEAR YOOOOOUUUUUUU….”

17. the corgi looks so golden and soft!

18. adorable!!!!!!!

19. skippymom says:

*pulls Leslie’s fingers out of her ears and proceeds to give graphic description of kitty pron activity*

20. Starfish says:

I’m reminded of that scene in Something’s Gotta Give. You know the one…

21. The love that dare not speak its name.

22. tracylee says:

I think if you listen closely, it’ll at least whisper it.

23. Becky, Bubba'smom says:

The standard for CUTE has just been upgraded by me. This is the most precious picture I’ve seen for awhile. OMG, what beautiful expressions on their faces. Love them to pieces!

24. ElishaB. says:

Thou shall not covet…….you will have to get your own……local shelters have lots that will love you! :)

25. ElishaB. says:

Corgi is like, hi there…..maine coone is like, uhm, I wasn’t doin’ nothing, whistle…

26. victoreia says:

(cue John Lennon music)

27. “Dogs and cats living together! ” Peter Venkman, Ghostbuster

28. skippymom says:

HAHA!

29. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh

30. jlamusings says:

ha!

31. Love doesn’t care if you’re two different species. ♥

32. ScoutsMom says:

If dogs and cats can get along, why can’t people of different backgrounds or religions get along? We have so much to learn from animals.

33. Fird Birfle says:

so stupendous, the alliteration!!!

*the crowd goes wild with appreci– [SAY IT] AYSHONS!!!1111!!ponies!!!”

34. Fird Birfle says:

* heartwarming background data*

Beatles & song to be presented on first worldwide broadcast capability
    (‘way before satellite -tv or and cable tv were even in place) program called “Our World” June 25, 1967 THIS WEEK omg

inneresting quote from John Lennon, MBE on the topic of the lyrics and reason behind this particular song ….from wikipedia article:

When asked in 1971 whether songs like “Give Peace a Chance” and “Power to the People” were propaganda songs,
    he [John Lennon] answered: ‘Sure.
    So was “All You Need Is Love”. I’m a revolutionary artist. My art is dedicated to change.’”

[btw, when I attempted to follow linkages to locate when J.L. said this, it went to a dead link ...*sigh*]

35. Hummm…I’m not sure this is legal in all 50 states :lol:

36. this reminds me of my cat smokey and her boy friend the dachshund dog hector they sleep together all the time we call them the odd couple

37. Six cats already and no time to spare for a dog–though if I did get one, it’d be a corgie!

38. junkshop_coyote says:

“Honey, this isn’t what it looks like….”

39. Theresa says:

If this sofa is rockin’, don’t come a-knockin’.

40. Theresa says:

snerk

41. elishab. says:

Totally understand…you have your hands full. Had many cats in my lifetime, but I just fell in love with my Sheltie and now my rescue border collie mix. Nothin’ beats the those puppy dog eyes!

42. Fird Birfle says:

??? moderators? a little help from my ? friends?

– my item above simply uses two buzzwords that the editing equipment might find buzzworthy but I’m pretty sure that the entirety of the info is not at all bad-news?

It has been on mod-hold for several hours now…
    if it stays that way much longer, nobody will be looking at this column any more by the time it comes off mod Lounge???

43. Fird Birfle says:

oops never mind; you *JUST THIS MOMENT*
    released it. *blushes*

Wanders off, singing “Please
    release me, LEEEEEET me gooooooo…”

44. Mary (the first) says:

is that “code”?

45. Mary (the first) says:

Maine Coon: gorgeous
    Corgi: adorabuhls
    Together: priceless!

46. Fird Birfle says:

*giggling and hoping that Mary (the first) is another of
    We Who Watch Messrs. Ferguson and Peterson on CBS (or on the innernets).

47. Lillith says:

Bwah! I think we have a new hit bumper sticker! Or would it be an armrest sticker in this case? Hmm.

Why yes I am overtired, what tipped you off?

48. Francesca says:

Oh Noooo Corgi! Just say no to kittehs!!!!

49. bluebird says:

When my mom’s dog got *very* *old* the cats took over bathing her and and waking her up when something interesting happened. They snuggled her in cold weather and probably kept her alive several years past her expiry date. Yay the nurturing cats!

50. Fird Birfle says:

….”and waking her up when something interesting happened…”

*giggle*

51. Neena C (soon-to-be-H) says:

Indy as in Indiana Jones (named after their dog) and Binx as in Thackery Binx from Hocus Pocus? (Binx as the cat though – not the human) Anyone? Anyone?

52. I can’t believe I’m the first one to remark on the fact that this happens *every day at two*. A cat that can tell time is a much bigger story than a cat that likes to lick a dog.

53. Madame X says:

Kitteh is all “Do you mind?” (said in upper crust Helen Mirren British accent…)

54. Now that you’ve legalized gay marriages, please turn your attention to inter-species love.

55. There is nothing sweeter than interspecies snorgling. But I’m a liberal elite, so that’s just how I roll.

56. “I just realized we never had a wedding for the dog and the cat! They’ve been living in sin!”

–Marge Simpson

57. Empressgoth says:

AAahhahahahahahahah!

58. True ‘dat! My ex-roomie and her boyfriend had a marmie cat and a St. Bernard who were BFFs. All four of them slept in a California king-size bed together. When Renegade (the dog) jumped up on the bed, it would send Harley the cat flying into the air!

59. Hocus Pocus FTW!

60. Who’s that at the door???

61. Noelegy says:

That is so sweet!

62. Mass hysteria!!

(that’s most likely my favorite movie line ever, haha)

63. I was totally thinking Hocus Pocus! Love it.

64. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

65. DillPig says:

Interspecies double BAROOOOO!!!!!!

66. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

67. Fird Birfle says:

possibly aka “Interspecies snorgling, squared”???

68. Fird Birfle says:

1: love your name!!!
    2: am enjoying visualizing the bedscene.

It puts me to mind of this:

69. Noam Zur says:

Honey – It’s not what it looks like…

70. Get a room, you two!

71. Yeah, those are our babies, they totally love each other! Here is a youtube video of Indy’s first experience with the automatic sprinkler! The magic word is “Biscuit”!

72. Yep, you’re right! I did name Binx after Thachery Binx from Hocus Pocus! Love that movie….guilty pleasure…don’t judge! Ha! Great, now I have “I Put A Spell On You” in my head!

73. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT YOU TOY