Heck No, I Won’t Go

Sorry to spoil your whole “Free Willy” moment here, lady, but do you have any idea how filthy that ocean is? Fish use it for a toilet, for Pete’s sake! You might get a seal to fall for that, but we penguins have higher standards, thank you…

Comments

1. The only way it could be better would be if he turned around and slammed the door shut behind him.

2. Aw. “The world is so big and I’m so small! I feel safer in my little hidey hole.”

3. Stephanie says:

The Russian caption says “Hooray, freedom!”

4. Smart!

5. oh my god sooo cute!!! :D

6. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

“Nope. Not happening. I feel MUCH safer in my kennel. Take me home instead, K?

7. I can’t say that I blame him. No need to fish? No elaphant seals lurking behind every rock? No noisy neighbors throwing parties till 3 in the morning? Maid service daily?

He’s living the life of Rily.

8. I think if he had thumbs that is exactly what would have happened.

9. Seriously, I think I would have said, well, okay, you chose, so off we go home!

10. Emmberrann says:

Lady sayin’, “Wa-all, if that don’t beat all! That’s gratitood for ya.”
    Pengie sayin’, “I’ve had enough of this beach, thank you. Let’s go home now.”

11. Fugedaboudit.

12. We’re going to need an update on this one … anyone?

13. Fird Birfle says:

@ bb/va: nice visual there!!

14. 260Oakley says:

Penguin says “nyet!” to a sea change.

15. Fird Birfle says:

Senor/ Senora Pengy is Not Impressed with either the Decor nor the Amenities.

oooooh — I just realized the frame of reference that this gives me: to MISS PIGGY being infuriated with the world not doing things to her liking!!!! ….

(“hiiiii-YAAA!!!!” :)

16. Fird Birfle says:

“Ferris? Ferris Buuuuuuuuuuuuueller???”

17. The big wide world, woah, but it´s so scary out there!

Back into the bat cave, me.

18. What ? … Huh? ….. out THERE ??!!??
    Aw HELL NO !!!!!!

19. SoccerSue says:

I’ve had mornings like that.

20. Fird Birfle says:

*delighted giggle*

21. See, this is what I usually expect to happen, when they release animals back into the wild. “But…but…but…it’s cold out there…”

22. Mary (the first) says:

“And who’s gonna bring me fishes at 9 and 3??”

23. I’m with the penguin – back to civilization, please. :-)

24. ;-)

25. That’s EXACTLY how I felt when I graduated from law school!

26. Amenities or Anemones? (heh!)

27. Eumenides. :mrgreen:

28. That looks like a Little Penguin, or Fairy Penguin?

29. Miss Piggy would probably pass the exam to fill a vacancy. I doubt they ever have one – being immortal and all that – but maybe one could retire or something.

30. flutter-by says:

Sure iz kyoot, whatever kind of pengie it iz !!

31. ha, a total opposite from the seal’s reaction.

32. Fird Birfle says:

ditto Dash’s response!!!

33. Fird Birfle says:

*flourish of Proverbial Pompoms to both ffleur and Theresa for their relevant rejoinders!!!*

34. Seriously, you could at least have given me a new wardrobe for this. It’s cold out here!

35. victoreia says:

Hope pengie is fierce enough for that opening!

36. “Can I just be rescued again?”

37. FREEDOM! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FREEDOM!

38. Liz – I am with you – it is a very risky business for us Humans – rescuing the lil things and being so fond of them, we forget they are wild and then when they come to be released into a “natural Environment” it is no longer a natural to them – and they may even have become fond of us – in their way – did you see the comment about who would be bring him / her ther fish for lunch and supper – that was also very good.

39. Hi Dragon – you stop that !! y’hear me – I am thinking of some lovely people I would like to be rescued by – go ‘way y’hear :^)

40. The Little Myrmidon says:

“Ah water! Disgusting stuff. Fish copulate in it.”
    — W.C. Fields