Youse Call Dis a Pizza Joint?

Dis place? Wit da wine bar and da hanging ferns? Fuggedaboutit! Back in da neighborhood, we got Brooklyn Sol’s Murder by the Slice — the kind’a pizza ya fold in half, and so much grease it practically slides down ya throat. Plus, every Wednesday is Mob Hit Night with dollar beers.

Photo by Flickr user Jasen Miller. (Author’s note: Actually, it looks like a very nice restaurant.)

Comments

1. ROFLMAO… Okay I immediately thought of the whole Pizza skit on the daily show… IT is not safe for work but omg soooo funny (For the unknowing John Stewart Lampooned The Donald for taking Sarah Palin to a very un new york Pizza parlor)

2. Mary (the first) says:

The sneer on this dog’s face is priceless!!

3. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

hee hee hee, I saw that skit too and sort of had that in mind when I wrote this. I was very impressed with Stewart’s (and his writers’) expertise in New York pizza.

4. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Seriously! Look what this place has already done to my left eye just by looking at it!

5. Mike, Can I link the Hulu Episode here with a disclaimer about Not being Safe for work?

6. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Sure, links are cool. And a warning about the NSFW language is thoughtful.

7. Okay here is a link to the whole show on hulu.. I tried to find just a youtube link but it was taken down due to copyright infringment.

Many F bombs in there among other swear words if you are sensitive to that kind of thing. Starts at 3 minutes 32 seconds if you don’t want to watch any Anthony Weiner jokes.

[url=http://www.hulu.com/watch/246159/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-wed-jun-1-2011]The John Stewart Pizza rant[/url]

8. Okay here is a link to the whole show on hulu.. I tried to find just a youtube link but it was taken down due to copyright infringment.

THe Pizza Rant By John Stewart

9. Drat it took out my link

here

10. 260Oakley says:

I hafta lay off the deep-dish pizza. I’m gettin’ a little husky.

11. I bet he folds his Pizza… :D

12. All the husky lovers say “Wooooooooo.” Also, I miss NYC now.

13. Is this the one in Philly? If so, they have EXCELLENT pizza.

14. NOMTOM- a pitch-poifect caption! Bada-booom wit a pipe!

15. shouldn’t dat be foins, not ferns?

16. The dog is adorable, but I admit I was distracted and squealed not because of him but because of the pizza place. SoHo Pizza is in Philly, and they make great pizza. I miss them.

17. bookmonstercats says:

Lawyer’s Note – actually it looks like a very nice restaurant :0

Huskies normally look very dignified and noble. obviously the excepton that proves the rule.

18. bookmonstercats says:

Good grief. I can’t spell and punctuate. “Obviously the exception that proves the rule”

19. That pizza place is actually in Philadelphia, not NYC

20. Theresa says:

That is The Way™.

21. Theresa says:

Have you seen YouTube? :lol:

22. Theresa says:
  23. Theresa says:

PS If we ever have a CO meetup in Brooklyn, that is where we should have it. Pizza for everyone!

24. Theresa says:

PPS: Nice accent there, Nomtom. :P

25. Theresa says:
  26. Fird Birfle says:

“ab-so-RUTE-reee!!!!”

27. Fird Birfle says:

eeeez guuut linkipoo.

28. Alice Shortcake says:

Yes, I’m sure it’s a perfectly nice restaurant. Not at all the kind of place where you’d get whacked* whilst listening to “Don’t Stop Believing” on the jukebox.

*Or not, depending on how you interpret the final cut to black.

29. And I bet Sol’s Murder by the Slice has a Free Beer Tomorrow sign.

30. Got some mush in the midsection?

31. “What? You think am funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown….”

32. Not to mention “moidah” rather than murder. ;)

33. As a New Yorker, I was equally as offended when I saw Donald Trump eating pizza with a fork and knife. I actually noticed it immediately, even before Jon mentioned it :-P

I know exactly where that photo was taken, and boy I could go for a NY slice right about now (moved to Los Angeles 2 years ago!!)

34. Yep, looks like Old City’s own Soho Pizza! Mmmm some of the BEST pizza in a city that doesn’t have many great pizza spots!

35. tracylee says:

yay!
    I love dees guyz!

36. My husky looks very handsome and stately when we’re walking until someone says ‘oh what a pretty dog you have’ and then his tongue comes out, his ears go askew, he gets all prancy and then he’s not so dignified!

37. I’m totally down with that.

38. That husky is so cute! Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

39. Oh, the husky!!! I love huskies, those eyes are so beautiful. My uncle’s big husky dog passed away a couple of years back, but I was lucky enough to have spent a lot of time with him. You haven’t had a dog sit on your lap until he’s sprawled across two other people, propping his chin on a third, and you’re afraid to make him move cause his head is bigger than yours. Also, he knocked people over with startling ease by jumping up to rest his paws on their shoulders.

40. He *does* look like a wiseguy…

41. Fleurdamour says:

If you are anywhere near Ventura and Van Nuys, this place is not bad. Nice thin NY style crust. I lived in NYC for years and I miss the pizza, too. This is the closest to it that I have found.

42. Fleurdamour says:

Bet he wolfs it down.

43. Fleurdamour says:

New Yorkie

44. Less cheese, more hamstuhs. And make it so they have little wings and pants on, ok, I don’t want nunnah yoww reconstitooted hamstuhs. No taste.

45. Bibbicus says:

This is totally Old City! BEST pizza in the city. I have to agree, Sarah. Philly doesn’t have many good pizza places, shockingly.

46. Bibbicus says:

This is in Philadelphia! My hubby and I go there whenever we want a good pizza. I love the husky’s face though. It’s priceless.

47. Candace says:

That’s what I was going to say! That is not Brooklyn, but Old City, Philadelphia! I agree on Philly not having many good pizza places :-(

48. This photo is from Philadelphia — 2nd and Market!– not NYC!

49. Yethica says:

Yes it is, indeed, in Philly!! I pass it every time I have a rehearsal at Christ Church!!