Insta-Nap™

At Cute Overload, you’ll find only the finest examples in Kittenarcolespy.

Ambien seems to be a strong theme this week, Ant!

Comments

1. Cuteness battery ran out. Time to recharge!

2. OK, that is hilarious!

3. In Russia… Sleep Fall on you!

4. Obviously Kitties are the Universal CUTE!

5. Oh my gosh, so cute.

6. Dana X. says:

That kitten symbolizes my soul when I’m at work.

7. Wait, first time postan’ and I get moderation? Maybe it’s because I share a name with somebody else who got bleen.. D:

8. kibblenibble says:

:-)

9. kibblenibble says:

Thud! *honk-shu*

10. it’s so roundular.

11. 260Oakley says:

Here we see the origin of the term “nose dive”.

12. 2ScoopsRice says:

Some people suffer from narcolepsy…

Kittehs enjoy it…

13. Fird Birfle says:

le/ la Pauvrecita!!!! Must Protect Kittayn’s head.

*dashes out to buy a Floofeh Pillow*

14. Fird Birfle says:

comme ca c’est excellent!!!!

15. Fird Birfle says:

good point :)

16. Madame X says:

Battery ran out indeed! That kitteh is too perfectly cute to be real!

17. Marshwiggle says:

Geez, if this doesn’t deserve a “sleppy” tag, then I don’t know what does!

18. epic faceplant at 15 seconds

19. Courtney says:

Anyone know what breed of kitten this is? Cutest ever!!!

20. I have done this exact same thing! Sometimes sleep is the only “immediate” answer!

*and, no, not saying of the immediate sleep was catnip induced* :-D

Love this kitten.

21. … that “of” was supposed to “if.” Oh, noes ….. sleepy …. thud. *snore*

22. Ha!

23. “Hi, how ya….*thud*”

This little guy is way too cute!

24. Russian…Blue?

25. Awwww! Too ti-ti to carry on anymore……….

26. Hmm, what is going on here? Thompzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

27. Um, I could be wrong, but something does not seem right here. Cats don’t fall asleep suddenly like that. Does this cat have narcolepsy? That or this kitten was sedated, sick, or dying. Look at its eyes and then how they remain open when its head drops.. now I am worried for the poor guy. :c

28. That is such a cute kitten!!! I wonder what breed it is…. or maybe it´s a mixture…. it definitely has some Exotic (shorthaired persian) in it somewhere. Or is it a British Blue? Suggestions?

29. JohnnieCanuck says:

Kittenarcolespy. Hmm. Sounds like a secret code or something.
    Perhaps it is ‘Kitten Arco le spy’?

Call Inspector Clueseau. The diabolical pink panther kitteh has been detected undercovers in Moscow.

30. immediately tie-tie

31. Aaaaaaaannnnnddddd….DONE.

32. >>I am worried for the poor guy. :c

“and have therefore grown a fu manchu.”

33. I thought the same thing exotic Shorthair or British blue. I’m going with British blue, boning is not massive like the ES has.

34. Looks like his (her?) head was just too heavy to be held up any longer…

35. … or it could just be that the kitten was sleepy. As you may be aware, kittens do actually get sleepy sometimes of their own accord, and there is a widespread practice of filming said sleepiness for the amusement of others.

Are you the same loon on YouTube who reported the video for ‘cruelty’ with exactly that comment?

36. Stressfactor says:

Considering that I have known dogs and people who fell asleep with their eyes open (I did it once or twice myself… and no, I’m not joking) I wouldn’t be too worried.

37. Yeah, and the nose is not as squished as the Exotic either…. so ok, we agree on British Blue. ;)

38. I once fell asleep standing up at boot camp.

39. Fird Birfle says:

40. Fird Birfle says:

[Eeeen Outrageous Frawnsche Accent]:

oooooh so verrreh nace/ nice, JohnnieCanuck!!!

*golf clap*

41. Fird Birfle says:

and WE LIKE Br. Blue kittayes!!!
    (I do, ennyhow!)

42. Fird Birfle says:

seems like a wise response to a somewhat, erm…
    tedious set o circumstances!!!

43. All we needed there was a strategically placed bowl of mashed potatoes.

44. The voice in the background asks the kitten if it’s sleepy before there’s any indication that it is. So I’m kinda worried too, that maybe she slipped him something to get a good video? I hope I’m wrong.

45. That was my guess too.

46. LOL If you have ever had babies or kittens or puppies it really is a pretty normal occurance. They are so interested in playing and seeing the world that they tend to over extend their “batteries” and then they suddenly go kerplunk where they stand sit or are lounging around.

47. skippymom says:

Yep, I can just imagine the people saying, “Our kitten is dying. Let’s film it!”

48. No, the face is not pointy enough and the nose too short. More likely British Blue.

49. Oh call me cynical and suspeeshis, but possibly this is a vid being played in reverse.

50. I bet that went over about as well, right? The drill sergeant just went “aww!” and filmed you? ;-)

51. “That kitten symbolizes my soul when I’m at work.”

QFT. *nods off*

52. Ummm. No.

53. EONS ago this was SOOOOOOOOOOO me in my senior AP English class ;)

54. SheepishKitty says:

maybe the kitten had one too many face naps?

55. victoreia says:

Kitteh worked very hard last night!

56. skippymom says:

HAHAHAHAHAH she put “kitty” and “work” in the same sentence! Stop it, victoreia, you’re killing me!

57. Stressfactor says:

Actually, if you look close you can see the kitten’s eyes start to go ‘wibbley’ just before it conks out. I imagine someone who is familiar with an animal’s behavior can recognize the signs of impending kerplunk.

58. nice…

59. Fird Birfle says:

(somewhat stifled “heh heh”)

60. Fird Birfle says:

hmmmmm….

“impending ker-PLUNK….”

begins developing reasons to insert this phrase into daily conversations….

61. Fird Birfle says:

(heh heh)

Mes sympathies, Mel!!! :)

Fortunately for US, you were allowed to continue breathing and eventually landed (occasionally) at CO to communicate your witty observations hereabouts :)

62. Fird Birfle says:

OK.

You’re cynical and suspeeshish.

Signed,
    Cooperative
    [And DON'T call me "Shirley". OR "Surely"!!!!]

63. Kittens essentially have two modes- on and off.

64. mplsdeb says:

LOL fer sure.

65. kodalai says:

Yes, you’re wrong.

66. Just managed to use the phrase in an email to a friend. “Coffee can be used to fight the effects of impending ker-PLUNK.”

67. TrixandSam says:

I’ll bet you ten bucks that this kitten was repeatedly dozing off like that and this is simply one clip of it. As others noted, if you’ve raised kittens (or pups) you know they will fall asleep eating, drinking, running, walking, sitting, doing whatever, at the drop of a hat. Heck, my dog Sam (10+ years old) falls asleep sitting up. The inner turmoil as he fights it is epic.

68. I second that.

69. lol

70. My cat will pass out like that sometimes, it’s totally awesome to see. She’ll usually look sleepier than this guy beforehand, but maybe he just doesn’t have the same sleepy-face :) And it gets even better when she wakes up as soon as her head drops, and just keeps going through the cycle over and over, haha!

71. victoreia says:

Well, that’s what mine tell me just before they zone out……

72. domoslaven says:

In Soviet Russia, NAP take YOU!

73. Fird Birfle says:

…all part of Teh Master Kitty World Dominayshe Plan of Action (ask QoD; SamKitty and Albert have a Manual, with clauses and paragraphs and everything) to lull you into indulging their every whim (preferably, *BEFORE* the whim occurs to them) :)

74. psychethos says:

“And then have a good giggle about it afterwards!”

75. psychethos says:

You really must have a very sad view of the world.

76. Too funny, except that would have really brought the nuffers out of the woodwork. Hmmmm. Could we perhaps place a strategic bowl of mashed potatoes for them when they do come out of the woodwork? Just askin’.