And So It Begins

The epic journey of young, defiant dabblers. The quest of all quirky quackers. The battle cry of  brave, budding bread crumb stealers everywhere. (Sing it now) …”Two little ducks, went out one day,

Over the hills and far away… “

“Mother duck said, “Quack, quack, quack, quack! … But none of her baby ducks came back.”

Bev D. took this photo in Cozumel, Mexico! Muchas gracias!

Comments

1. skippymom says:

That’s the saddest song I’ve ever heard.

2. Theresa says:

How teeny! How spotty! *melt*

3. The little guy on the left looks like the older brother who has told his younger, trusting sibling “Don’t worry. Everything will be cool. I totally know where we’re going”.

4. ashagato says:

buenas chicas!

5. “This is it, Mr. Frodo. If I take one more step it’ll be the farthest away from the Shire I’ve ever been.”

6. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

“Let’s ask that guy over there for directions.”
    “No, don’t be silly! I have natural GPS navigation right here.” “Where?” “In my Braaaaaain!” “Okay…” Then they went on only to find out the GPS navigation system malfunctioned before the trip. “Great goin’, genius, now we’re lost!”

7. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that! I’m choosing to believe that they simply found adventure rather than harm…

I love the high steppin’ web footy action of the one on the left.

8. Marshwiggle says:

Skippymom, that’s what I thought too! Poor mama duck. *sniff*

9. It’s, it’s …fraught with peril!

10. HA!!

11. Such sweet little babies! Practicing the Goose Step, I see.

12. How fuzzys wuzzys!

13. Stay out of Mirkwood little ducklings.

14. tracylee says:

waddle waddle waddle!
    make way for ducklings!

15. But don’t we remember the ending of the song?
    “Sad mother duck went out one day, over the hills and far away. Mother Duck said, ‘Quack, quack, quack, quack’,… and all of her five little ducklings came back!”
    That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

16. Marshwiggle says:

WIN!!

17. Wait, am I the only one who thinks Richard Sharpe? With the one and only Boromir? Not that I have the boxset or anything…

And I hope Mom is just out of frame. They’re too cute to be left on their own.

18. “Put one foot in front of the other, and soon we”ll be heading cross the laaaawn. Put one foot in front of the other! And soon we’ll be getting to the pooond!”

19. Mary (the first) says:

Yep, that’s how I see it too.

20. Mary (the first) says:

Oh yes, I endorse this ending. I can’t believe also that whoever had the camera, didn’t then (if needed) go gather up those babehs and put them safely wherever their mama was.

21. The baby ducks come back in the end!!! No worries!!!

22. Oh – just a beautiful photo heading out across the meadow.

23. I love the spots on their backs. I didn’t know birds could be spotted.

24. Resumé: Cuteness is a global phenomenon.

25. Birdcage says:

Nothing cuter than a high-steppin’ birdwalk, I always say. Except maybe the polished-hardwood-floor-parrot-flight-landing slide. That is pretty cute too.

26. Katherine says:

Is there a way I can get high resolution pic? I would love to have it as desktop wallpaper. It’s too adorable not to look at it everyday!

27. This makes me think of Frodo & Sam leaving the shire for some reason…

28. cellarmouse says:

my song memry:

“two liittle ducks that i once knew,
    fat one, skinny one, there were two,
    but the one little duck with th feather on his back,
    he ruled the other with his quack, quack, quack …”

29. edmundh says:

“Adiós, muchachos!”

30. Rooanne says:

Me 2!! (it’s a dangerous business going out your front door, or, um, pond?)

31. JerilynS says:

One small step for a duck, one giant leap for birdkind…

32. Such tiny munchkins!

Big brother: Were off for an ADVENTURE!
    Little brother: Will we be back for lunch?

33. victoreia says:

:lol:

34. I actually burst into hysterical tears the first time my pre-K teacher made the class sing it. It took her about two hours to calm me down enough to tell me all the ducks were okay and went home together… my first cute but sad experience :)

35. Katrina says:

“Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship” (Casablanca, last scene).

36. flutter-by says:

Those tiny little quackers look pretty focused on where they’re going…bet mama’s just over that hill calling to them!

37. Are you sure you want to use the word “fwap”?