A Girlfriend for the Banff Crasher Squirrel?

She’s all, “…Love lift us up where we belong!

Where the eagles cry, on a mountain high…”

Photo by Caryn Walters, sent in by Marilyn T. Got squirrels or any other fabulous travel photo? Enter it now at the National Geographic Traveler Photo ContestEnds July 11. Also, don’t miss the original Banff Crasher Squirrel. Hee.

Comments

1. tracylee says:

leeepsteeek!
    *ahem*
    my apologies.
    Homesquirrl looks good in Revlon’s new power red!

2. What a fantastic photo!

3. Hmmm, how do you know it’s a “she”?

4. Dahling! You look fabulous! :mrgreen:

5. Fird Birfle says:

wow a transgendered sqwyrl????? deep ……

6. Leeeeeeeeeep Steeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!

*ploit*

7. skippymom says:

The shade is called Wild Cherry Dazzler.

8. omg a Runaways reference!!!?? wow!

cute sqwerel.

9. skippymom says:

While she is enjoying her snack, I am just going to lean in and gently smooch her little bellyOWOWOWOUCHOHNONOTMYEYESOWOWAAAHHHEEEE

10. Mamabear says:

I think I just peed a little, in my exuberance and squeeing!

11. Theresa says:

Revlon “Cherries in the Snow”! An oldie but a goodie. :D

12. Theresa says:

She’s a Saturday Night Special!!

13. Theresa says:

PS: Goth nails don’t match glam leeps.

14. skippymom says:

CO pictures should have a warning label: Caution, may induce squee-peeing.

15. Look out RuPaul ! you have some competition ! It’s RuSquirrel

16. skippymom says:

This is an “updated” version, naturally not as good as the original. But she is, well, a squirrel, and not actually all that discerning in the area of cosmetics.

17. I usually go for the squirrel-next-door type, but this little lady certainly is fetching.

18. Here’s the working link for the National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest, where you can see more amazing photos submitted by our readers and enter your best shots:

19. Proof that Revlon tests on animals.

20. paulajeanne says:

well, if she is transgendered they did a mahvalous job! So lovely with the lipstick!

21. skippymom says:

Ha ha, nicely done.
    [However, I feel compelled to mention that Revlon doesn't test, which is why I buy their stuff.]

22. ROFLMAO…. OMG. Skippymom you are killing me.

23. I’m feeling an Eddie Izzard joke creeping up on me…

24. This photo calls for an extreme closeup.

25. Andi in NC says:

“squee-peeing” – inspired!

26. Killer Klown says:

o/` I gave my love a cherry…. that had no stone…

Ahem.

27. Hee, the riddle song! That would be a cherry blossom.
    “I gave my love a chicken, that had no bone” (an egg)
    and so on…

28. LOL… so glad you’re back, skippymom!

I have this squirrel in my backyard that, when I’m out there filling feeders and putting mix on the ground, will almost run right up to me. It’s always kind of shocking and I tend to back off slowly…

On another note (very few people other than CO peeps would probably find this cute), I have baybee groundhogs in my backyard!!!1 4 of them! Squeee!!!

29. Baybee groundhogs….I want.

30. Baybee groundhogs and an almost tame squirrel in your backyard!! Can I come over and play :)??? I’ll bring peanuts and other snacks.

I had one squirrel last summer that waited in front of the door waiting for us to hand feed him (her) some peanuts. I think it would have come in if the door was open.

31. Mamabear says:

“squee-peeing”! Genius!

32. skippymom says:

well, you certainly get some credit for giving me the idea….

33. Skwerls Rock! \m/

34. OMG I thought the same Revlon thing!!! Look at them luscious cherry -red squirrel lips!

35. skippymom says:

I have raccoons who come to the birdfeeder outside my bedroom. Last summer I trained them to take banana chunks from my hand. I knew I shouldn’t be doing that, but it was so cool. I stopped feeding them after they started coming right up to the screen door and acting as though they were waiting for me to let them in.

36. Killer Klown says:

Indeed! Good catch :)

37. ElishaB. says:

Must be the hips…..

38. ElishaB. says:

librarians are the best word workers!!!!

39. Theresa says:

Do they chuck wood? :P

40. Theresa says:

Or just hog the ground?

41. victoreia says:

:D

42. His tummy looks like cinnamon swirl cake.

43. Hmmmm; I think skwerlio is a girl becuz she seems to have ( IMHO) the standard equipment, used for feeding bebbehs, on her tummy; i.e. milk-producing thingies;
    (If not, my apologies to any boy-skwerlios that I happened to offend……) :oops:

44. Not to spoil the charming and clever cross-gender jokes, but I believe this squirlio has teats. It looks like six of them. Do boy mammals have vestigal nipples the way boy humans do? (Note to self: Go home and check out boy-dog’s chest while rubbing his tum-tum.)

45. Ayeesha says:

Look how delighted she is to have the cherry! So adorable.

46. I was conceived in Banff in 1969. Just felt like sharing that.

47. trinlayk says:

yes they do, but this is probably a gal and a MOM because otherwise the teats would be hidden by fur.

48. It SO does!

49. She’s so dainty! Aww.

50. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Noelle and (under certain conditions) conception!!!!

51. Fird Birfle says:

You know,csk(abbreviated), do you not,
    that in Victorian days, “it was not done” to refer to the “legs” of chairs/ tables, as that was too erotically charged?? They were to be described as the “limbs” of the furniture …..

also, if it’s useful to you in the future, I have been known at times, to refer to my
    [potentially] “milk-producing thinggies” as “mammary glands” ….!!!
    You are more than welcome to adopt my terminology, if it is soothing for your nerves!!! ;)

52. Fird Birfle says:

ALSO, while we have been entranced by Ms Sqwyrrlio- we have all missed another (?) OBVY word tangle/ description, i.e.
    [at least, I don't RECALL seeing this, among earlier comments]:

“CHERRY BOMB!!!!” :)

53. Jiffknee says:

*snerk*
    O.K. then….
    *looks around all shifty-eyed*
    As you were.

54. Looks like she still has her cherry.

55. Oh no you didn’t….

56. Okay Cute Overload, your work here is done. The @Banff_Squirrel is officially smitten:
    I changed my Facebook status to “In a Photoshopped Relationship”
    @Banff_Squirrel