I Still A Door You

My tree, my tree, what has become of thee
You were the finest in the land.
Alas, my tree, I do wish they had made you
Into a bird seed stand.

You can rest on your laurels now Persian squirrel, sent in by Vas.

1. Those bright button eyes have soul-melting powers.

2. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Oh…. mah….. gah…. It’s staring into my very soul.

3. Mary (the first) says:

Love the “goth” black polish she seems to be wearing….

4. Aw, she’s a sophomore goth. Next year she’ll be a cheerleader.

5. It’s all the rage in NYC!

6. bookmonstercats says:

Obv, Persian Sqwerls have the look…..

7. WendyLady says:

SQUEEEEEE! Long Lush Tickle Whiskers! :)

8. 260Oakley says:

Radical squirrel insists on going against the grain.

9. (looking at watch) Yup, you can always set your watch by the Oakley 10:12. :D

10. She has some competishe today. I counted four puns in the caption and hovertext. Did I miss any?

11. 260Oakley says:

Did I mention that the squirrel is trying to form a splinter group?

12. You did knot. But it woodn’t be the first time a squirrel got up to something shady. :mrgreen:

13. Dang, I missed one!

Yew did knot…

14. Fird Birfle says:

WOW !!! you guyz r really rockin’ & rollin’ !!!!
    (pardonnez moi for ne pas punner ici maintenant!)

15. 260Oakley says:

Their bark is worse than their bite.

16. skippymom says:

17. bookmonstercats says:

I’m sitting back with a cup of coffee (too early in the day for a mojito over heah), enjoying the puns because, like Fird Birfle, I’m not going to even try!! ;)

18. I like the belly fluffins.

19. tracylee says:

the teeniest of smiles!

20. Fird Birfle says:

The Mona Lisa of skwirrelz!!!!
    “One never can get past the wonder of that smile”

(From an EXCELLENT and understated film “Bernard & the Genie”, Britain, 1991)

21. I Lurve Bernard and the Genie! Would you like a shake of milk?

22. Ali-baba says:

Oooh, me too!
    “I am as happy as rhe underpants of Michelle Pfeiffer.” ;-)

23. Fird Birfle – Monarail Skwirrel. :-)

24. Fird Birfle says:

” ‘ere eez a preetty peecture [or, more accurately, a LINK TO a pretty picture ] uv anudder monorail skwyrl fur yu”:

Monorail Squirrel

25. huh?

26. Mamabear says:

This pose SOOOO reminds me of one of those ubiquitous poses that Olan Mills made you ‘perform’ in the 80’s. All it lacks is the mill wheel/autumn leaves background and a mallrat hairdo!

“Put your chin and forearms on this dirty, nasty, used-by-1000-people-before-you, shag carpet covered box. OK, now turn your head and look over my shoulder, now turn your eyes toward me.” *POP*FLASHBULB*BLINK*

“OK, here’s your ticket. We’ll see you in 2 weeks so I can make you feel bad when you don’t buy the 10 picture set for $500…”

27. I’m warning you, don’t click here, you may descend into gibbering, Lovecraftian madness:

28. 260Oakley says:

Hmm, I’ll have to mullet it over.

29. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: funny advance warning there :)

30. Theresa says:

I see her back-curls as sort of Cthulhu-like.

31. skippymom says:

Um, Theresa…is that you?

32. Fird Birfle says:

33. Fird Birfle says:

@ skippymom, re photo posted by Theresa:

“Is that [Theresa]” — Is WHICH ONE Theresa???

(only meant in fun, ‘course ….)

34. did we really look like that in the ’80’s?

35. bookmonstercats says:

What is truly disturbing (apart from whether that it is an earlier incarnation of Theresa – and what would be wrong with that?) is that the guy looks like the first senior partner I ever worked for, minus the mullet.

36. skippymom says:

Crazy coincidence: seconds before opening CO just now, I had just finished reading a new picture book called The Taking Tree, a rude and irreverent parody of The Giving Tree. And then here’s this post. I, um, guess I should play that number tonight or something.

37. I shall thee mourn,
    O tree of my discontent
    To weep or not to weep
    The perennial question
    For all is lost and in vain
    Though Cute Overload
    Takes the pain
    For thou gives adoring subjects
    Leave to bask in Teh Qte
    Of my presence.

(Sorry, got influenced by Shakespearian comments in previous post.)

38. Shakespeare? I thought this was based on the old Appalachian “In the Pines” as popularizedy by LedBelly.

Something that gothic/ghouly could only come out of some lonely mountains like Scotland – Appalachia.

39. Theresa says:

Oh you made me do this, too!
    Oh she waaaaaaaalks these hiiiiiiiiillllllllls
    In a looooooong blaaaaaaaack veeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiil!
    She visits my grave
    While the niiiiiiiiight winds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaillllll!!!

40. Fird Birfle says:

wow — versant in both opera AND primitive bluegrass!!!
    Such a portfolio of awesome!

41. Ah, speaking of pines:

All men are false, says my mother
    They’ll tell you wicked, lovin’ lies
    The very next evening, they’ll court another
    Leave you alone to pine and sigh.

I think Joan busybody or something did a cover of this. I prefer the one by national monument, Dolly Parton

42. Snowpea says:

That squirrel is full of winsome!

43. Haha! It looks like he’s resting his head and all, “Tell me more, tell me more, did you kiss him and cry?!”

44. I want to stroke those wispy whiskers and kiss that tiny nose. Just saying.

45. Kar, I do believe Mia would let you. Can’t you tell by that “Come hither” smile?