Eek! A Mouse!

Wh-where?! Where’d it go?!”

Zoinks! Like wow, Ant!

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

zeee peeekture, shee is luuuuvely (both the animale and the qualites du photography) and zee story sheee is funny.

Signed,
    Yes, I’m aware and deliberately did mangle this Franglais deliberement.

[I might soon adopt one of (my BFF/ VSO) Craig Fergusons' most-humorously-delivered lines:
    "I look forward, to your letters." -- always said while rolling the eyes ]

2. Eek-a-mouse is actually the name of a regge artist:

3. I shall hug him and squeeze him and call him George ;)

4. He looks like a little fireman, sliding down the pole.

5. *SQUEEEEEEE!*

*KASPLODEYBOOM*

Kthxbye

6. sara-bell says:

Silly little guy! Must’ve been trying to stop & smell the flowers. Too bad they are sooo high up.

7. Martha in Washington says:

Come here, wee mousie. I’ll keep you safe. And please bring your pretty flower friend, too.

8. Mouse pole dancing. it’s the latest craze!

9. OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…. *continues until breath runs out and unconsciousness ensues*
    THUNK.

10. Ickle peenk pawseseses! *ded of ky00t*

11. ashagato says:

and not a stich of clothes on! shocking!

12. What about that fur coat?

13. victoreia says:

Hello, George.

14. SlaveToCat says:

Flasher.

15. We need a “Rodents and Flowers” category!

I eek’d with joy when I saw this picture!

16. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Big flower, or itsy bitsy mousie?

17. Fenriss says:

Oh my gosh! The cute li’l whiskered sniffer!

18. Such a romantic little mousie!

19. Perfect hovertext… :)

20. fish eye no miko says:

Look at the wonderful little tailio, wrapped around the stem! Squee!

21. Fird Birfle says:

22. Fird Birfle says:

Eeeez a pretty picktcha und a funny story.
    The End.

23. one of the best ;)

24. Shazzie says:

What a perfectly delicate little mouse perched upon a delightful flower… Happily swaying in the breeze in a meadow heady with the scent of wildflowers. I love the feeling of warmth I have in my heart when I see this picture. :sigh:

25. RosieLB says:

I KNOW! That tail keeled me ded!!!

26. Jack and the beanstalk?

27. Me. too! With my last breath I typed this messs…..

28. Me too! With my last breath I typed this mes…

29. Those criss-crossed paws….squeeeee-thunk!

Pyrit’s on a roll with the hovertexts.

30. You saw where they let him into Paris to film the show? I think it’s to avoid a copyright suit with Artur or something.

31. There’s something very Beatrix Potter-ish about that little scene. :D

32. Mary (the first) says:

(what does “VSO” mean?)

33. victoreia says:

Very Significant Other?
    Very Silly Otter?
    Virtual Significant Other?
    Vile Slimey Organism?

34. Moi, Actually says:

“All of our ideas come from the natural world: trees = umbrellas” (Wallace Stevens)

Take out “trees” and put in “flowers.” Then add the mouse and solve the equation, giving your result to two decimal places.

35. Babyboom says:

It’s hiding from it’s brother mouse!

36. Theresa says:

Oh my stinkin’ gosh! Eek-a-Mouse! Haven’t heard him in eons!

37. Emmberrann says:

Aherm, *the expert adjusts glasses and clears throat* the designation “VSO” in connection with spiritous liquors such as Brandy, or Whiskey, etc. indicates “Very, Special, Old” and means that the consumable is unusual in its quality, or age, or both. Some special care has been taken in its preparation and…..*the expert leaves the room, babbling away*

38. Fird Birfle says:

wow CO surely does attract pholks who enjoy theorizing and adjusting glasses & clearing throats!!!

Re. my Honey-Buns CF:
    I hadn’t yet seen a briefing of his reception en Gay Paree (although I’ve been watching the news….haven’t yet done a Research Model on the Topique) …

and *adjusting spectacles and clearing throat*
    *ahem*
    *whipping off White Research Coat to reveal a fetching silk cocktail dress a la Vanna White*

WE HAVE A WINNAH!!!
    (Actually, SEVERAL winners, but in the sense of this Vocabulariffic Sweepstakes….)

Victoreia nailed it, right in the middle of her …guesses!!!!

“Virtual Significant Other” !!!
    (bells, sirens, confetti, etc.)

although “Vile Slimey Organism” ….is pretty useful :)

“The Mgmt thanks you for your attention to these matters*
    *ahem*

*Passes out media packages to reporters gathered in room*

39. Fird Birfle says:

@ Emberrann:
    !! very nice !!! :)

….you might wanna send a Search Party out, to ensure that The Expert made it, safely to his Residence …???

40. Fird Birfle says:

**as of 7:30 am East Coast time, which is 4 hrs different from the CO post times* …

To Whom it May (or may NOT) concern
    An update/ briefing has been made to this thread….however the

*ahem* Authorities *ahem*

have deemed it necessary to place said Announcement in Quarantine Until Further Notice.

Please return later for the Announcement’s release from the Brig. Thank you all.

41. Fird Birfle says:

or, *”didn’t* [FINISH] typing this messa…”.*

42. Fird Birfle says:

This is a lovely bit of vocabulariffic composition.
    Esp enjoyed the combo of “perfectly delicate” & “delightful flower” ….”swaying” …

Nicely done.

*sigh*

43. Fird Birfle says:

“cuteness.”

44. Moi, Actually says:

Wouldn’t that be “cutene.ss”?
    Not criticizing your math, of course–just sayin’.

45. Wow. Whenever I see amazing nature photos like this, I always think, How do the photographers DO that?!?! But thank goodness they do!

46. edmundh says:

I think he is looking at his fellow mousie here:

and thinking “what the heck is wrong with you, dude?”

47. tracylee says:

and please show your work, I want to be sure you know what you’re doing and not just guessing!

48. Shazzie says:

:::curtsy:::: why thank you..
    I often lurk about the comments and visit here multiple times daily. All you regular contributators make me smile, so I thought I’d introduce myself and wax poetic. Since there is already a Shaz who comes in on occasion, I thought I’d differentiate myself as “Shazzie”. It is a pleasure to meet you all. I can only aspire to capture the Qte-ness as well as you all.

49. Fird Birfle says:

but i WAS just guessing !!!! :)

50. Fird Birfle says:

MUY EXCELLENTE and also the link you did is one ‘a mah poisonal
    ALL TIME FAV-o-reet CO pics!!!

51. skippymom says:

Oh man, I don’t remember seeing that guy. Thank you for reposting him. New desktop coming up!

52. indignantlucy

53. Fird Birfle says:

@ Sharpy & Lucy: :)

54. I never knew mice could use their tails to balance so delightfully, gracefully, charmingly. (I usually just see those tails whisking around the corner…)

55. :)

56. Mowsie sez the casting call for “Mid Summer Night Dream” has been filled;
    producers filled their quota for fairies and small animals and sent all the leftover aspiring actors home.
    On the way back Mowsie was chased by a kitteh and wound up in a meadow, hiding under this flower. He is philosophical about not getting a part in the stage production though, & sez: “Oh well, no matter: it looks like rain and I haz an umbrella to keep me dry; I should be grateful for small favors…..!” :wink:

57. This is just too much.

58. Any chance of getting a higher res version of mousie? ^_^

59. squeaksalot says:

OooooooOIiiiiiiiI!!!! so sO SO Cuuuuteeee!!! =D =D =D <3 <3 <3 =-D =-D =-D It looks just like one of the little California Brown Mice I relocated from my garage <3 <3 <3 =D =D =D <3 <3 <3 =-D =-D =-D <3 <3 <3