Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

How does your garden grow?

With silver bells and cockle shells and …where the hell did my dinner go?

Beautiful bunny is Fiver. Photo by Emily. Thank you sender-inner Shaolin T.!

Comments

1. Jabba the Bun says: Bring me Solo and a carrot.

2. Doctor Bun says: I wear a flower, now. Flowers are cool. A lot cooler than a lapel vegetable at any rate.

3. My bunnies are named Hazel and Blueberry! ;)

4. Madame X says:

Lady Bunnfred “Bunny” Snogglepuf-FitzWigglenoz tries on a new fascinator for the wedding of Prince Albert of Monaco and Miss Charlene Wittstock. It is not quite as impressive as the hat she wore for Wills and dear Kate’s wedding but, let’s face it, the Grimaldis are, what shall we say, lesser nobility?

5. So cute! And love the Watership Down name.

6. Mary (the first) says:

We “Mary”s sure get tired of that contrary designation. Sick and tired!! We’re not contrary at all!!!

7. I don’t remember a Mary in that book. Is that in the sequel? Or does Bigwig have something to tell us?

8. Oh, Fiver. Nevermind.

9. “Garfle megpha umphul flumtz…”
    (that’s me trying to talk from the pile of melted goo I have become).

10. Fird Birfle says:

“We are, as ever, impressed with your assessment of this image from the Society Page, ma’am; and we thank you for making yourunique insights available to our correspondents ‘across the pond’ in the States.”

11. Fird Birfle says:

(notices that Mary [the first] seems to have a contrary response to the poem ….)
    (sympathetic giggle)

12. Mary (the first) says:

I disapprove. (harrumph!)

13. Bunny says: I disapprove of many things – of the recent death of Cinnamon, of pollution, of inflation, and of this flower you have placed on my dead.

14. I’m trying to wrap my head around that tuft of gray hair. Is it a part of the flower headpiece, or was she “born with it”? Very much overgrown ear tufts perchance?
    Could someone enlighten me please?

15. Michelle says:

Lionhead!!

16. AWWWWWWWWW! Cutest bunny princess with a flower tiara!AWWWWWWWWW!

17. junemrc says:

could it be…? is this a bunny who doesn’t disapprove of its own cuteness?!

18. Personally she reminds me of the Queen. That slightly smug tug at the corners of her mouth because she knows that she has the best hat in the room.

19. OMG it really is part of the bunny??? You know, as opposed to being a toupée. Just googled lionhead rabbit. My head asploded.
    Thanks Michelle for opening up a whole new world of cute for me :)

20. I love “Watership Down,” but I equally love other books by Richard Adams. “The Plague Dogs” is good, but my two favorites are “Maia” and “The Girl In A Swing.” Talented guy.

21. baby birdie says:

If you’re saying that your buns have Watership Down names too, then you’re close. There was a Blackberry and a Strawberry, but no Blueberry.

22. DillPig says:

Noooo, she’s much too cute to be like the Queen!

23. Andi in NC says:

“Mary, Mary, why ya’ buggin’!”

24. THE BUNNY UNDER YOUR BED says:

OMFJ THIS IS SO MY WALLPAPER!

25. THE BUNNY UNDER YOUR BED says:

OMFG THIS IS SO MY WALLPAPER! !!!!!!!!

26. I just love when people name their buns after Watership charachters.

27. This is like Emo bunny’s aunt…