Bathe in Tomato Juice After Viewing

A tiny 2-week old orphaned baby skunkersons is fed by a volunteer at Coast & Canyon Wildlife Rehabilitation. He’ll be fed this way more than 200 times during his stay at the 100% volunteer rehab facility.

Sender-Inner Kim B. says they don’t smell at this age ;) Watch other rehabbular behbehs like this skunkersons on the 24/7 live streams at CoastCanyon.org. Every donated penny goes to lil’ ones like this until they’re old enough to be released back into the wild.

Comments

1. Jeff Mason says:

I shall call him Stripe, what a cute little stinker he is!

2. Oh I just love everything about this video, but I especially love the air kneading while he is “nursing.” And the little milk mustache, or more appropriately milk lipstick, is ridiculously adorable. Hooray for the kind volunteers who nurture these little critters.

3. Poor behbeh. I wish he had his mommy to nuzzle and knead. But he will be a fine little skunkersons . . . he’s in good hands.

4. Awww poor orphan :( I’ve gotten to snuggle a real skunk, a bigger one, de-stinked. It was like a mixture of a pug and a cat

5. Malinki says:

Un skunk le pew!

6. I lost my sister-in-law Linda this morning to a pulmonary embolism, she was 55. I’m just back from my husband’s family and really feeling down at the moment so I came to C.O. to see if maybe, just maybe something cute would make me feel a little better.

Seeing this little orphaned baby skunk fighting to live reminded me that life goes on and renews itself all the time. I will miss my sister-in-law Linda forever, but she will live on in her daughter, so she will never leave us completely.

7. Martha in Washington says:

(((Gigi))) Warm thoughts to your entire family. :cry:

8. I’m so sorry Gigi for your loss. I hope for a sense of peace and and closeness for you and your family tonight and the months to come.

9. 260Oakley says:

Gigi, my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you all continue to find some sources of comfort in this difficult time.

10. Ummm… ResQte™

Shhh. I’m soaking in warm feelings.

11. Hugs to you all. Loss is hard, whether it’s a treasured family member or a disapproving bun.

12. this little dude is absolutely proshe, and totally warming my insides.

13. Fird Birfle says:

Gigi — you bring pleasant warm thoughts to CO with your every entry.
    I send wheelbarrows-full of concern and warm thoughts, back to you, now,
    while your family navigates this loss.

Du Paix.
    Leslie Thomas
    Jacksonville Fla

14. Fird Birfle says:

second the vote… ;)

15. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

I’m sure I speak for the entire C.O. team when I offer my deepest condolences. I’m glad we could be here to help you cope at this painful time.

16. Fird Birfle says:

* Animal is Certified Cute.
    *Baybee Animal Rescue is off-the-Charts Good Thing.

As to Nifty Literary Bits:

1: “skunkersons”
    2: “skunklet”
    3: “rehabbular bebbehs”

Ce soir, apres lire l’histoire et voir Senor Skunklet, je suis heureuse.

Merci Bien a Meg; et
    Merci Bien a Coast & Canyon Wildlife Rehabilitation.

17. [clicks "Like"]

18. chanpon says:

Oh my gosh, a bebe la pew. And with a milk moustache!

19. Fird Birfle says:

(quiet small “yay” for NTM’s attaching ResQte, while we observe mourning for Gigi’s family member…)

20. So, so very sorry to hear that. My condolences to your entire family…

21. Gigi, condolences to you and your family at this time. Keep coming to CO. The cute, and the caring helped me through the loss of my parents, and I hope it will hlep you too.

22. kibblenibble says:

The meelky leeps! The kneedingks! The leetle tongue gently curved into a cup! The meenescule ear nublets! The ever-so-gentle-possibly-future-man-of-cute-overload-calendar hand! The wispy leetle stripe-of-a-tail! All this, and Louis Armstrong, too? I am sooo happy! :-)

23. Aw that’s so sweet & so sad :(

24. We have a skunk on our property. We’ve been leaving it critter feed near its hole. Rarely ever see it, but always smell it!

They’re so cute! in a stinky way.

25. Gigi, I am so sorry for your sudden loss, and my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Warm hugs to you. Smooch.

26. Gigi,

So very sorry for your loss and your family’s loss,

Hugs.

27. Bebe Le Pew! (-:

ResQte at it’s finest.

28. Gigi, I want to join the others in offering condolences at this difficult time. I agree that this site is a sweet loving place to visit in tough times because of the animals, and also because it is one of the nicest groups of people on the webs. People here really do care.

Linda
    Republic of Panama

29. Looks like Pepe finally found an amie who hadn’t recently had an accident involving white paint! Thank goodness!

30. :cry: AWW :cry: I am so sorry to hear about your loss, Gigi :cry: (I am sending you A BIG CYBER HUG)

31. Ali-baba says:

Gigi I am so sorry for your loss.

32. Oh dear, I wonder how long Pepe will last in these PC, post-DSK days? I can hear the teeth of Frenchwomen grinding these days across the Atlantic.

33. I’d never seen a baby skunk before, and now I’m addicted! He is completely adorable, and his messy eating makes him even cuter!

34. bookmonstercats says:

Sincere condolences to you and yours, Gigi. {{{ }}}

35. That is absolutely adorabuhls.

But also…on a creepier note, little Stinky kinda reminded me of the baby from Erazerhead…. :O

36. That is a great song for this video.

37. I am so sorry. :( Hugs to you.

38. Rachael says:

The meelk mouf! The kneadingks! ♥♥♥

39. Birdcage says:

Would a skunk by any other name smell as sweet?

40. tracylee says:

Aw, Gigi… how awful. So sorry for your loss.

41. tracylee says:

this is giving me serious warm fuzzies… the BF Mr. Tracylee leaves this morning for several months of training with the USN and I needed a good dose of teh cutes too!

42. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

Gigi, she’s not gone. She’s just off to the next stage of her journey. Sending warm hug thoughts to you now to help fill up the hole her sudden departure has caused in everyone’s daily life. But never fear…I’m sure you’ll meet again. In the meantime, the whole CO community is here for you.

43. Gigi,
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    Sending you loving hugs.
    Namaste,
    Judy

44. Fird Birfle says:
  45. You can call her Flower

46. Hello little wiggle monster, you are so adorable! I about died then your little black and white tail popped up in the beginning <3

47. tracylee says:

aw, thanks! I love it!

48. Don’t make any rash judgments about when a baby skunk is not old enough to spray. My cousin thought they couldn’t and got a big surprise.

49. If you go to the site there is a video of 3 squirrels being released into the wild. It’s too cute!!

50. Squeelicious! He is in very good hands, poor wee one.

51. rbcoover says:

100% volunteer? Heck, I’d pay them to let me work there.

52. OMG !!!!! He could SOOOOOOO call me flower if he wanted too !

53. I went to the San Francisco Zoo a couple weeks ago, and while we were walking around, we spotted several tiny baby skunks riiiight off the path! I’m not sure if they “belonged” there, as they were only about a foot away from us, tucked into some random plants… but they were ADORABLE! I never knew stinkers could be such cuties.

54. Thank you for all for four kind words.

55. furrykisses says:

The streaming video of this little baby is even better!!! He flips and flops while dreaming just like my puppy faces!!! SOOOOOO CUTE!

56. *hugs to Gigi* She’s off in a meadow with the cute animals that are no longer here. Just think of it that way.

57. musicnote says:

Gigi, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family …

58. musicnote says:

Tracylee … hope the time passes quickly for you while your fella’ is away and that his travels are safe.

59. musicnote says:

Ironically, my best friend’s aunt just passed at 94 years old and she was the first WAVE to enlist from her Ohio county. She had a very similar photo in her smart looking uniform.

60. tracylee says:

thank you, music note, that was sweet :)

61. tracylee says:

WAVEs rock my world – that is so cool

62. JerilynS says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. My husband lost his aunt last week, and even though she’d had Alzheimer’s for years, it was still a sad time.

I’m glad that CO and the CO community are here to offer you comfort.

63. I want a tail like that!

64. Sorry for your loss and glad that this cute little skunk helped your spirits a little bit…

65. chelonianmobile says:

I’ve hugged a baby skunk before – bigger than this one. It was all sleepy and floppy and awwww ^_^ The fur on their tails is really coarse, probably because it has to be to stick up as much as it does, but the rest of them is pleasantly plushy.