The Final Disapproval

Dear bun Cinnamon, the original and most famous Disapproving Rabbit, has passed away after 13 long bunneh years of aloof disinterest.

Let’s all bow our heads in Bunday unison and together say: “Harummmph!” for the dearly departed, much-adored, Cinnamon:

Thank you for the inspiration, Pamela D. Our condolences to DisapprovingRabbits.com founders Sharon and Bill.

Comments

1. I disapprove of this news.

2. That is one sweet bun! I hope you will be comforted by the memories of all the fun times you had together!

3. :-(

Sad!

4. Fird Birfle says:

We could not approve more, of Cinnamon’s Disapproval.
    Even his ears, in all three shots, show his dismay at our inadequacy.

RIP, Cinnamon. Hopefully Bunny Heaven will have
    Better Management (carrot cake, etc).!!!

5. Harummmph!

6. Truly the John Houseman of bunnies. I keep hearing “We make money the old fashioned way. We EARN it!” RIP bunny of disapproval. The world needs more of you!

7. To quote Baldrick in Blackadder the Third: “There’s a new star in heaven tonight, a new freckle on the nose of the giant pixie.”

8. Noooo! So sad. But such a wonderful innings, 13 years!

9. Cinnamon disapproves of our grief. He wants us to be happy and focus on the joys of life, like carrots, and remember him with fondness instead of sadness.

10. Oh no!!!! Hugs to Sharon…

Cinnamon will be greatly missed.
    May his ears be twitching, his nose be sniffing. in disdain of course. and his floofyness be happily hopping all over heaven, beyond the rainbow bridge!

11. Martha in Washington says:

I shall Harumph all night in your honor, Dear Cinnamon!
    I, too, disapprove of this news! :cry:

12. Enjoy binkies in bunny heaven ;)

13. Rest in peace, Cinnamon, your disapproval lit up our lives.

(BTW, Cinnamon was a girl bunny.)

14. bookmonstercats says:

His earses in the third photo, where he is being cuddled by his hooman, are more resigned to the sadness of the bunny condition, than disapproving; but we shall not see his like again.

*last phrase said in Winston Churchill voice*

15. My condolences on the loss of Cinnamon.

16. DillPig says:

Cinnamon has long stood as the epitome of bunnular disapproval to me, and as such, one of the *most wanted* snorgles-I-never-had. I will miss you sweet bunny. May bunny heaven be everything you always wanted…

17. Katrina says:

Damn.

18. earlybird1 says:

Baroooooo!! :'( And harrumph. Condolences to Cinnamon’s family!

19. Cinnamon, you added spice to your humans’ lives for 13 years, and I know you will be sadly missed. Condolences to Cinnamon’s peeps.

20. The light of disapproval shines a little more dimly now, for the loss of Cinnamon. She was an amazing bunny, and Bill & Sharon gave her the best life a house bunny could ever hope for. RIP, Ms. Cinnamon. You’ll be missed.

21. LOLDemon says:

Sad news indeed. I often wonders if Cinammon’s many fur tufts were due to her disapproval of being brushed.

In her memorial post on Disapproving Rabbits, Cinammon’s family asks that anyone who would like to honor her memory help out a local animal shelter.

22. Harummmph! : (

23. Rachael says:

I’m so sorry for her hoomans’ loss. Beautiful Cinnamon had a good and long life and she never missed an opportunity to register her disapproval. I’ll miss you, sweet girl.

24. SixBunnies says:

Queen Cinnamon, I wish I could have seen the splendor of the celebration they had in your honor when you crossed the Bridge. You are missed so very much. You touched so many two foots with your impressive life. Rule well, Your Highness.

25. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

RIP, sweet Cinnamon. Your disapproval has meant a great deal to me.

26. Awww, I totally disapprove of this news. Sigh. Cinnamon, disapprove well in that great garden of veggies in the sky, we will miss you ’til we meet again to get THAT LOOK once again. Condolences to all of Cinnamon’s loved ones.

27. SlaveToCat says:

Ashes to ashes
    Dust to dust
    May your bunny fluff
    Be added to Fairy Dust

28. I heart Cinnamon so moishe. So moishe. *sniff*

29. There’s a quietly judgmental corner of my heart where Cinnamon’s disapproval shall live on. I know that Cinnamon would disapprove. Harumphsniff.

30. Cinnamon you will be missed, no one did disapproval as well as you.

31. Sigh. Disapproval will never be the same.

32. Always a good idea.

33. I disapprove of you taking your bunny leave from this mortal coil! Thank you for all your disapproval. Your disappointment in us will be sorely missed!

34. ElishaB. says:

Hear, Hear! Or should that be Ear, Ear for those velvetty soft Cinnamon ears that will once again twitch and listen to heaven’s calling. God bless her family and those who loved her.

35. NorbertsMom says:

Our deepest sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your lovely (albiet dissaproving) bun. May your wonderful memories give you comfort at this difficult time.

36. Me too. She was the most gorgeous bun ever–and the most disapproving. May angels speed you to your rest, Cinnamon. Condolences to her peeps.

37. Mishele says:

I hope you are comforted by the acute distress I feel at risking a comment about Her Bunness. She was a much-needed reminder to be more humble in my day-to-day dealings with life. I am glad she had such a good Mommy to tend to her so well. I will miss her greatly.

38. if cinnamon were here, she would disapprove of this post, of all of the comments, and of all of us lowly humans. thank you, miss cinnamon. this harrumphh’s for you.

39. Rooanne says:

My deepest condolences to the Cinnamon’s human. I know there will ever be a cinnamon sized hole in your heart ….
    Disapproving Rabbits has inspired me, since finding my own lost/abandoned bun.

40. paulajeanne says:

Enjoy the Meadow, Cinnamon! Bet the Wolf will get you to smile!

41. HarrrrrrrrrrUMPH!!!

42. We will all miss Cinnamon, and Cinnamon’s disapproval.

43. good old whatshername says:

Harrumph! Harrumph! Hey, I didn’t get a harrumph outta you…

Cinnamon disapproves of my Blazing Saddles quote. :(

44. So sorry! I’ll think of her disapproval every time I have a Cinnamon Bun.

45. I’m sure Cinnamon would disapprove of the sadness that is keeping me from making a proper comment of condolence;
    (I can just hear her now: “Oh…. stop snivelling & don’t be such a bebbeh…..!” )

46. Watch yer ass.

(Cinnamon would probably approve of Mel Brooks, but would never ever show it.)

47. Ottersmoo says:

Nope. No sir, I disapprove.

Strongly.

48. While Madame Cinnamon’s loss is sad, we should be happy for her too: she lived a very long and happy life, she was well loved by her people, and she was world-famous as The Face of Disapproval. Now she’s at peace with all the parsley she could ever hope to eat….

49. I don’t approve this news AT ALL!!!! My sympathies.

50. May dear grumpy Cinammon joyfully ( although disapprovingly) join the other disapproving rabbits, skeptical kittehs, supercilious giraffes and baffled guinea pigs in the great firmament in the sky. Condolences to Cinammon’s family, and much gratitude for sharing this charming bunn with all of us.

51. Condolences to Mr. and Mrs. Birdchick. I loved looking at the Disapproving Rabbits site and laughing at the pictures and captions, even the ones I’d seen before, always hoping for new photos. The standard-bearer of all disapproving animals, henceforth, I hope Cinnamon is looking down in disapproval for all eternity.

52. Bye-bye Cinns! :(

Thank you for giving us one of the most beautiful Bun faces ever created. You said so much without saying a thing.

53. Hopefully, there will be just as many things for Cinnamon to disapprove of in Heaven. “My cloud is too fluffy! This harp is out of tune!”

Truly, she was a wonderful rabbit, and will be missed.

54. My most heartfelt condolences to you, Sharon and Bill, for your loss. The fact that Cinnamon lived 13 years, which is a very long time for a bunny, is testament to the happy and loving home you provided her. Thank you for sharing such a sweet and funny little creature with us. My little Pixie and Pallina are sending you bunny hugs. Godspeed sweet Cinnamon.

55. When I did a soich of disapproval on the CO site, there were over 90 entries. A quick search revealed disapproving dogs, cats, fish, turtles, frogs, and my favorite, capybaras. Surely a disapproval hall of fame montage would be the proper way to honor Cinnamon’s memory.

56. Bye, Cinny-bun. See you on The Bridge one day, sending many many bunny hugs to your hoomins, Your Bunpal, Keating. = ; (

57. anonymous coward says:

aw, crap.
    what a way to start the week.

sympathies for Cinnamon’s humans and hopes that they are ok (as much as can be, given the circumstances).

ac

58. anonymous coward says:

?!
    …and why are my best wishes in the moderation lounge?
    is it triggered by some specific keywords in the post?
    curious.

ac

59. I wish these animal death posts would stop. It’s not because I don’t care, it’s that I care too darn much. When I’m trying to see some adorable animals and end up crying for hours I just don’t want to come to this site anymore. Sorry to be a dweeb, I’m just wondering if I’m the only one who feels this way.

60. I understand the sentiment, but look at it this way: Cinnamon lived to be 13 YEARS OLD! That’s like, super old for a bunny, and she was obviously incredibly spoiled, even if she never showed any appreciation. So, while we mourn her loss, we should also in a strange, roundabout way be happy for Sharon and Bill for having taken such good care of her that she was able to live such a long, disapproving life. I’m certainly hurting for them because I know how much it hurts to lose a bun, but at the same time, I’m hoping that my two bunnies live to see 13 like Cinnamon did!

61. Trumanrabbit says:

Cinnamon had better get the chapstick out because there are a lot of angels who will want to kiss her velvet lips. She wouldn’t approve, of course. May she have all the parsley she could eat and know that she was loved by so many. I’d continue, but I fear her disapproval from on high. xoxoxoxoxo

62. I is sad. :(
    Much love and peace to Cinny’s hoomins.

63. chanpon says:

Aww, sweet but disapproving Cinnabun. I hope there’s plenty in bunny heaven to keep you mildly annoyed. We will miss your stare and glare down here.

64. I just got back in town from North Dakota and was catching up on blogs when I saw you posted this. Thank you.

Last week was a hard week and we’ve been bowled over by how many people have taken the time to reach out with kind words. It’s really amazing how many people cared about this charismatic, awesome rabbit.

65. My condolences to the folks at Disapproving Rabbits. 13 years is a good long life for a bun, and Sharon and Bill doubtless gave her a happy home. Sadly this probably makes it even harder for those that loved her to say goodbye with so many years’ bunny memories everywhere around them. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and doubtless your Cinnamon bun is looking down on our sadness with quiet disdain, wondering why the fuss when she is in a happy place with carrots and no old age and our world is still so full of wonderful things (dandelions, carrots, bunny friends etc). May you find peace and a way to hold onto those happy memories.

–Sincerely, Fancy Bunn (and her human, Cait)

66. Aww, little bun…you will be missed. Your long life is a testament to the love and care you received. Hoppy Trails….

67. Barreleh says:

Who will give us the disapproval that we desperately need now that Cinnamon is gone?

Is there a bun anywhere who can take up her furry, fluffy, floofy mantle, who can disapprove as she disapproved, witheringly and with nary a whit of consideration for our self-regard?

If not, what then shall ever we do??

68. Belle: don’t put yourself down: You are not a dweeb……;
    The passing of animals, whether my pets, other people’s pets, or animals in the wild that I see on Nat Geo: they all rlly affect me..and then I say the same thing:
    “I’m going to avoid these stories on tv or on the internet; I feel too bad encountering this sadness”; or “No more pets; I feel too bad when they’re gone….”
    But then I remember: it’s all part of life and I can’t hide from these experiences, as much as I’d like to;
    And I try, hard as it may be, to celebrate their lives & cherish their memories……. And then I get back on the path and continue the journey, one slow footstep after another……….♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

69. Your disapprovals will be missed. I will wear your t-shirt tonight in your honor and pour some out for you. Rest in peace, Cinnamon.

70. Goodnight, sweet Cinnamon. You touched the world.

71. Lerrinus says:

I second this!

72. Disapproving rabbits has done great things for buns, I send people there to learn of the grand disapproval they can gain from adopting a bun. A great talking point. I <3 disapproving rabbits, and will greatly miss Cinnamon

73. Mamabear says:

Probably the word “crap” did it.

74. Mamabear says:

I want you to know sweet Cinnamon and your awesome owners how you have touched our lives:

My husband bought me a little stuffed sheep with a look of ‘Cinnamonesque disapproval’. I put it on the dash of my grown son’s van (OK, well, he’s 19). He actually allowed this breach of manliness, and we get a kick out of saying stuff like: “The disapproving sheep doesn’t like how slow you are driving” (see, cause my son is an atypical 19 year old driver). “I disapprove of the color you have chosen for the interior of this vehicle.” Aaand, if mama gets too warm, “The disapproving sheep disapproves of the climate in here. His wool is frizzing up and he feels sticky!”

Thank you Cinnamon for your disapproval. Thank you Cinnamon’s owners for sharing him with the world! I offer you my heartfelt condolences.

75. why are these westraints on the wabbit?

76. 13 is a good age!

77. beaver searight says:

cinnamon is a girl.

78. Amanda Rogers says:

Goodbye, wonderful bunny girl. How many people came to admire and appreciate what is special and rare about rabbits because of you. How many hearts turned and challenged themselves and changed forever because of one shelter rabbit. What a gift you have been to so many! You will never be forgotten!
    Disapprove from on high, sweet ambassador!