Happy Father’s Day, Honey

I just want you to know that, even though you don’t hunt for food, or play with the kids much unless I ask you like ten times, or have a real job, or tidy up the cave even though you have the entire afternoon to do it and it really wouldn’t take you that long… despite all that, I just want to tell you…

… wait, now I’ve forgotten what I was going to say.

Here’s to dads everywhere and to sender-inner Carolina C.

Comments

1. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Oh yeah, and all those times I asked you to take a bath….

2. Awwww. Here’s to my dad, who, when I was 8 years old, got up at 3 am to find my escaped pet mouse . . . and fell down the stairs in his pyjamas and bruised his, uh, tailbone. But found Minnie before the neighbour’s cat got a late night snack.

3. PS: Here’s to good dads everywhere!

4. It’s good to be the King.

5. Hey, honey, those acacia trees aren’t gonna lounge under themselves, ya know.

6. Once, I caught my dad wearing 70’s shorty-shorts, dingo boots and goggles while weed-eating. And that’s all he was wearing. So here’s to my dad, who would still be wearing velour shirts if my mom hadn’t burned them!

7. kibblenibble says:

Happy Father’s Day in memory of my dad who insisted he would not feed those feral cats in the field behind our house no matter how I pleaded, yet came home the next day with the largest bag of cat food I’d ever seen…I love you, Dad. <3

8. That’s an AWESOME dad!

9. Happy Father’s Day, you things from another word, you!

Or as the immortal Ralph Kiner said, one immortal Father’s Day day game, “And to all the father’s out there, a very happy birthday!”

10. He was EATING WEEDS?! 8O

11. TrixandSam says:

OK, I’ll bite: What other word???

12. baby birdie says:

Yeah, Mrs. Lion, all he does that’s important is roar.

13. 260Oakley says:

Sing it with me: Because your mine, I walk the lion.
    (Doesn’t make much sense, but I had to Cash in on the opportunity.)

14. 260Oakley says:

That’s “you’re”. Sheesh, the proofreader insists on having Sundays off.

15. now that’s a real man!

16. it amazes me that cats are the same no matter what size, color, housecat, or queen of the jungle. look at that nuzzle!

17. chanpon says:

I love you, even if you are suffering from male pattern baldness. Poor lion.

Happy Father’s Day, to all Dads out there (full mane, or not).

18. Arrgh. Should be “another WORLD.”

19. I thought that was Joaquin Phoenix!

20. And I also detect an unauthorized apostrophe in my posting, too. Aaaaaagh! Forty lashes with a wet noodle!

21. 260Oakley says:

Yes, it’s sad that his hairline is receding, but what re-manes is still cute.

22. Fird Birfle says:

@ Mel: wow 8-O Excellent NostalgiaVision!!!

And — @ Our Belove Theresa:
    Way to focus on the primary thesis ;)

23. Fird Birfle says:

“One.” *LASH*
    “Two.” *LASH*

& etc. :)

24. Yeppers. It’s those 3am things that separate the *real* men from the mouses. His bruise was the size of a mongoose!

25. I was always good at getting the Main Idea. :mrgreen:

26. Erm . . . owsche?

27. Mary (the first) says:

Beautiful!

28. It’s better than smokin’ ‘em…well, maybe not. ;)

29. Mufasa and Sarabi? :)

30. That’s like my Dad who buys my mother a ridiculously expensive bird feeder that’s supposed to keep the squirrels out.

Then goes out and puts nuts on the ground for the squirrels.

31. Awwww. Now that’s a dad.

32. The apostrophes are attacking!

33. It might explain his outfit. ;) Or maybe not.

34. Here’s to my dad who still gives me money even though my mom told him not to.

35. Just like them floating couches don’t hold thereselves down.

36. Flashback to “The Lawnmower Man” by Stephen King, I think it was. A short story to ruin ANY lovely summer day.

37. Fird Birfle says:

PS: nice Tag, CO !!!

38. Awwww. Those two look like they’re still on their honeymoon. So kyooooot! And I ain’t lion, neither.

39. I. Love. Them.

40. LUV IT. Happy father’s day to your squirrel-loving dad.

41. Fantastic caption NTMTOM

42. Here’s to my dad who hated cats, but who nevertheless fed my weaned-too-young kitten with warmed milk via an eyedropper. My favorite mental picture of him is him in his bathrobe, glasses perched at the very end of his nose, with my full-o-milk kitten stretched out across his lap, with the empty pan beside him, both of them sound asleep.

Dads are complicated critters but when they step up they are worth our respect and admiration.

43. Well, one other thing.

44. Would it then be Joaquin the line?

45. Noelegy says:

Here’s to my dad, who taught me to imagine and to create, and always to be curious. And who took me to a planetarium when I was five; I still remember that outing!

And what’s with the lion’s mane in that photo? Is that a young lion or does he have issues? The mane seems…sparse. Adorable picture, though!

46. Noelegy says:

Awwww, that made me squee. That’s a good dad indeed.

And here’s to my hubby, although we don’t have any human children together (I have three grown stepsons). He didn’t want to take on the responsibility of Philo, but then came the morning when I heard him crooning to Philo, “Come on, you can make a poop for me,” and I knew he was hooked.

47. At least he didn’t promptly kill his stepchildren like male lions tend to do.

48. victoreia says:

I’m not sure anything can explain the ’70s!

49. victoreia says: