Father’s Day Ties

No really. You shouldn’t have.

Really.

I didn’t need those whiskey stones.

It’s great, Son, really. It’s better than a Star Trek Electronic Door Chime—really.

No, no, thank you! It’s… unique!

No, no, I really like it.

Secretary, take a memo: Cat hates tie. by ,,,^..^,,,. The sunny tie by bnims. Kitten in a necktie via cattbutthole Kitten in bowtie via Tie Cats. Scottish Fold wearing a tie via The Internets.

Comments

1. Bow ties are cool!

Then again, so is the talking bacon plush toy.

2. Aww, WLHFO looks like he’s all ready for his first day in the mailroom.

3. My most successful Father’s Day present was when I was nine. I bought my dad a severed arm — that is, a shirt sleeve filled with stuffing, with a very realistic-looking plastic hand. He LOVED it and sometimes he still drives around with the thing sticking conspicuously out of his back hatch or tailgate.

4. The bow tie! I ees ded from the qte!

5. Mischief Girl says:

The one with the bow tie is adorable!

6. Emmberrann says:

Once again, I am reminded of the late Mr. Picky’s refusal to wear anything that was not original equipment, denying me the pleasure of seeing him look soo distinguished in a tie, a bow, or even just a collar. These kittehs look so adorabuhls, all of them.

7. OT:
    I just heard about the passing of Clarence Clemons. Baroooooooooooooo!
    I am genuinely bummed. So sad. RIP, Master of Disaster!
    From way back:

8. Fird Birfle says:

The Disapproval Factor from the supermodels, is pretty charming;
    and the quirky/ silly fabrics add to the fun.
    And Meg knows that Kitties make CO peeps happy!
    — ALSO also: the Star Trek can opener is pretty dang impressive, even to a Star Trek minimalist (read: “Original Star Trek tv series only)
    All in all, a HOMERUN post from The Queen of Cute!!!

Happy Father’s Day to Meg, Meg’s SO!! — and to all the Daddies in CO land :)

9. Fird Birfle says:

Clarence Clemmings, RIP, AD 2011.

10. bookmonstercats says:

Your dad is cool.

11. bookmonstercats says:

Barroooo!!!1111!!! indeed. I saw The Boss at Leeds Roundhays Park many years ago now, and I still remember Big Clarence, such a presence.

12. bookmonstercats says:

I agree about the original Star Trek series only. The rest is downhill.

“Ducks and weaves*

13. SlaveToCat says:

Professor with the Bow Tie WINS!!!!

14. Fird Birfle says:

@ Meaghan (in all due respect): 8-O

15. Bow ties are cool.

16. I love kitties in outfits!!!

17. sara-bell says:

My cat Riley will be 17 next month – and the little bow-tied baby looks just like he used to. Totally adorable!

18. Father’s Day is still difficult (even after 30 yrs) as I’m sure it is for many others. I cried a little at the 1st pic – that ginger puddy is just exquisite – those beautiful deep pools – thank you CO!! xx PS. Bow Ties are BRILLIANT!

19. Marshwiggle says:

The little bow tie is KILLING me. Too darn cute!

20. They are all sooooooo adorabuhls!

21. Fird Birfle says:

very nice bit, that :)

22. Mary (the first) says:

They all look very handsome but I admit, the little bow-tie-guy has my vote for most adorabuhls.

23. Some of these kitties look like denizens of Cat Town:

24. Stetsons are cool.

25. I really, really hate to say it, but do you have to post that here? Don’t you have 18 other message boards you could post it on, instead of the one where cute resides?

26. OP needs a tie-tie pic in that mix :)

27. kibblenibble says:

I LOVE them all, and little bow-tie guy is darling, but I must point out the Qteness of little Meester orange/brown houndstooth tie. He looks quite dapper and perky.

28. Watch the bacon video on the link–you’ll die laughing!!!

And the kitties look adorable in their accessories.

29. This is (usually) a board where people are friendly with each other, and we share things.

30. hooknlace says:

I love that one of the ties is houndstooth – it’s a double insult to hi catitude!

31. Wait, he died? I thought his prognosis was good. It was just a stroke. (I say that because I had one)

32. He must be a historian. That’s part of the standard equipment. :P

33. YAY for Riley Senior Cat! *pompoms flailing*

34. He’s my fave, too. :D

35. Hay Guise (if it’s OK that I tell you this), my brother told his kids he wants an anteater for Father’s Day, and that he really expects it. He’s been looking all over for his anteater, and saying “Harrumph harrumph, where is my anteater?” The kids are rolling their eyes like crazy. I think he is on his way to being one of the Greats. :D

36. Katrina says:

Yup, kittens and bow ties-perfect together!

37. Katrina says:

What she said. Baroooooooo. (see, it is the ‘baroo’ that makes it CO quality). HI, Theresa!

38. Katrina says:

A Giant Anteater- with the best tail in the world! Good luck, guy. I have some ants I can let you have.

39. Alice Shortcake says:

Agreed – and he’s made even more adorabuhls by that “desperately keen to please” expression!

40. There were reports he was improving at first, I heard those, too. But it was a bad stroke, and he had two surgeries.

41. muppet2171 says:

At the risk of sounding naive, does WLHFO stand for anything? Also, BOW TIE FTW!!!! *squees quietly as dad is napping in the recliner*

42. NOW it’s Father’s Day.
    You know it’s just not, until ‘someone’ puts on a tie!

43. Fird Birfle says:

“veddy interestingk.” :)

44. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: sounds as though yer brudder received yer Da’s genes, fully intact!!!

45. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa/ continued:

From the following webpage:

I submit the following data — Enjoy! :)

12-24-2010, 05:17 PM #1
    herpboy1122 Baby Primates-Baby Anteaters-Rare Paraguayan Wildlife

——————————————————————————–

*CJG-EXOTICS-ZOOLOGICAL GRADE WILDLIFE*

Paraguayan Tamandua (Lesser Anteater)
    Babies $5000 Each

*Tiny Captive Raised babies avaliable Now* (Very Rare)

Paraguayan Tamandua (Lesser Anteater) Juveniles $3500

Paraguayan Tamandua (Lesser Anteater)
    Adults $2400 Each $4700 Pair

46. anyone else notice that the cat in the bowtie looks a LOT like Matt Smith?

47. robbed my heart

48. Could they get any cuter? Little bow tie wins. Happy Father’s Day dads.

49. The red houndstooth tie is ironic or something. And awesome!

50. Malinki says:

Yeah, and please note how I’m restraining myself from ‘normal’ internet forum behavior. Because on another forum where you post something so dramatically off-topic, so polar-opposite, I’d use far more choice verbage than ‘usually’.

So without that, please note the thumbs-down on your posts, only one being mine.

51. rbcoover says:

Yes! I am glad someone else noticed. Wish I could live in Cat Town.

52. Fird Birfle says:

*exasperated sigh*

53. How adorable! Perfect for Father’s Day! Thank yoU!

54. I think it’s cute that there are a bunch of people sewing velcro ties for their kitties, let alone the kitten in the bow-tie….. OMG what an itty-bitty-professor-kitty!

55. Theresa says:

What you should have hated to do was send me a very nasty and vile, obscene personal email. I really don’t see what I did to merit that. I probably shouldn’t even try to make you understand, but here it is. It’s a friendly blog, with loose moderation. I don’t tell anyone else what they should and shouldn’t post, and I don’t like it when others do, except the proprietors– e.g. Meg, Theo, Mike, Prongs, Pyrit and Sharpy. We’ve discussed deaths of public figures here before. We’ve linked to videos here. Youre the one who crossed a line by emailing me that vile message, using the c- word.

56. Fird Birfle says:

wow 17 years!!
    THAT means that *someone* is taking wonderful care of Riley!!!!
    Kudos to sara-bell & Riley!!!

57. The bow tie kitten is definitely my fave! He looks so smart and sweet!

58. “Normal” internet forum behavior also generally includes not telling people what to post if it is NOT your blog.

And ugly emails/private messages are a bannable offense.

59. Malinki says:

No, what I did was have the respect to take it off this site and directly to you because this doesn’t belong here. But no, you had to come straight back and try to get more attention by posting here. Not on your own blog. Not on your Twitter. Not on any other site that I pointed out to you. You couldn’t even bring your self-importance to respond directly to me.

Profuse apologies to Cuteoverload. Last post on the subject from me.

60. Anybody willing to explain what WLHFO means/stands for?

61. DillPig says:

Are people really allowed to procure and sell these poor creatures privately? Surely they are protected species?

62. DillPig says:

The ginger kitteh at the top has the teeniest sliver of pink tongue showing – what we in our house call ‘bacon’ – between his leeps….

63. bob drummond says:

If everybody who ever wished that they could live in Cat Town got their wish , the town would be too darn crowded !!! MEOW !!!

64. bob drummond says:

Only the endangered ones are exempt.
    But I would love to have one of these guys roaming my yard. I have seen them close up.

65. My dear deaprted Mr. Whskers let me try one of those on him once!

66. There is not enough peroxide and bandages for me to attempt to put a bow tie on any of my cats!

67. Fird Birfle says:

Hooray for T.U.M. and for Mr. Whiskers !!!!

Gotta ask: WAS Mr. Whiskers …. ever a t”ineeeee tabeeee” (while in your life)??

68. Fird Birfle says:

The webpage did have a notice requiring folks to register, etc., with the company ….so I would hope that such transactions are only allowed to certified nature/ preserve/ type individuals, etc ….
    Just wanted to give Theresa a silly bit ….

69. if i may insert a comment from the line judge?

maybe it’s because i’m not familiar with clarence clemons, but i don’t really see how it fits here. isn’t there a board specifically for CO friends who talk about life, the universe and everything?

malinki: no. no. no. no. and NO.

70. Noelegy says:

I’m having kind of a rotten day.

Going through the existential blues over my job, which I’m starting to loathe just a little, but which saps all of my energy and time so I don’t have enough of either to seek other employment.

I needed, NEEDED to see cats in ties today. That little guy in a bowtie was especially therapeutic.

Thank you!

71. OK I love them all but 3,4 and 5 is funny! luv the ears
    Bow tie or bib?

72. I bet after the pics they rip them to shreds.

73. Fez’s are cool.

74. The one with the bow tie?

Matt Smith’s stand-in.

Srsly.

75. Maybe I’m missing something, but since when did EVERY comment have to be on topic and related to animals/cute things? It seems to me that people have been posting these kinds of things all along. So I’m a little stumped as to why this time it’s such an issue.

76. doomchild says:

A Star Trek bottle opener? It’s a must have.

77. One Eyed Daruma says:

Well… at the risk of suffering the wrath of overloaders who really hate it when people explain things… (never, ever, ask for a definition of “bleen.”):

My best guess is below.

WHFO = When Hell Freezes Over. If that’s the general idea, I’m not sure what the “L” might stand for. Little? Lumpy? Liberal? Lugubrious?

78. BLAM!

79. Fird Birfle says:

“Go, Team Noelegy, GO!!!
    We believe in you!!! You’re the wind beneath our …. Too much? ….
    Ok, well, anyhow, here’s hoping that the future either becomes more mellow or brings improvements to you. You have our cheers of encouragement!”

80. Fird Birfle says:

@ Val:

Is your question from the same section of the test, as the following question?

— “Tighty-whities, or boxers??” ;)

81. Fird Birfle says:

@ Deb:

No, no, they certainly couldn’t.

82. Fird Birfle says:

@ Sharpy: Clarence Clemmons really is a pretty substantial figure; kinda parallel, (maybe somewhat less so) to saying “Keith Richards” to “Mick Jagger” … and on CO, many times the discussions of the pics, go to relevant mood/ songs; just the other day I posted “Daydreams” by Lovin’ Spoonful, as a match for the cow “mooing” the grass, because it refers to new-mown lawns, and weekends, etc.

Re. another CO discussion board; If I recall correctly, you’re probably thinking of Cute Talk, on which QoD and I first communicated directly in order to share with each other but not the general public, our personal emails. However I believe that CO Mgmt has evidently discontinued that Board. I noticed several months back, that it was no longer listed anywhere around the margins of the CO webpage.

Informationally yours,
    LDT, Fla

83. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa:

“Illegitimi non carborundum!! ”
    Esp. when they don’t even recognize
    their membership in that group (“Illegitimi”) ;)

84. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Scottish Folds are the best! They’re so comically sheepish looking. Like they are embarrassed about something or they got caught in the rain & the humidity wilted their ear-dos.

85. Fird Birfle says:

WOW that is seriously the BEST description of the attributes which make them fun/ attractive, that I’ve ever heard!! Spot-on!!! Brava!!!
    *applauds enthusiastically*

86. Why yes it is!

Actually I was thinking the only reason the “kitties” would allow owners to dress them was thinking it was snack time.
    Otherwise also used as bandages. :)

87. I hurt my hand trying to snatch #3!

88. My kitty often waits at the dinner table in his chair he would look great in one of these!

89. Noelegy says:

On another site, I was reminded that he was also a good singer. He did “You Are A Friend Of Mine” with Jackson Browne, which I’d forgotten all about and made me feel sad all over again once I realized that.

90. caroline says:

Folks, I have seen these cat ties at Target stores.. I bought one and on the receipt it said “cat apparel”..

91. I want to snorgle all of those kitties :D

92. Mrs. Darcy says:

Hang in there, Noelegy!

A week ago today, my existential blues over my job turned into an unexpected firing, so I need cats in ties, too! Soon I’ll see that it’s a new door opening, but I’m just not there yet. Good luck to you, dear one!

93. 6Rabbits says:

Yes, inquiring minds want to know! The CO Glossary does not include this acronym, and even an internet search doesn’t provide a meaning. (I realize it’s tedious for established overloaders to explain things, but…)