Simon’s Cat, Household Archaeologist

In today’s episode, Simon’s cat unearths rare artifacts of the lost Frigidaire tribe.

1. First????? This could be any large piece of furniture in my house.

2. I’m mystified at the thumbs down. Please explain.

3. Probably because of your ‘f’ word: hint: not ‘furniture’

4. WHAT ‘f’ word?????

5. Fird Birfle says:

erm…. then again, they MIGHT mean that one….

6. You can’t mean ‘first”!

7. Yes. THAT ONE.

8. Fird Birfle says:

Simon is welcome to live in the workshed. I’ve got an extra cot he can use.

9. Juniper Jupiter says:

He’s not Bubbles! :D

10. Hehe, I’m only the third one to comment how much I ADORE Simon’s cat!!

11. musicnote says:

I ‘fourth’ your sentiment, Zhana! I’m totally silly for Simon’s cat.

Hope it’s OK to mention this here, but are you aware that he’s got his own daily comic strip now, at the Daily Mirror?

12. Fird Birfle says:

please ‘scuse (or don’t)
    the following vent:
    WHY THA CRAP would anybody “thumbs-down” this from musicnote.

And if you’re one of those who did so, PLEASE don’t actually bother providing me with your reason. I’m really only expressing my indignation, over what seems to me to be a petty/ unkind action you chose.

13. victoreia says:

@NTMTOM: it got eaten by the Sock Monster…..

14. More like a household MECHANIC

15. Yep, that’s pretty much what it looks like around my place when I move the stove, fridge, sofa, or armchair. Best finds: an earring (“YAAAYY!!!”) and my retainer (All together now: “EEEEWWWW!!”).

Also: Love the ‘Wiggle of Doom’ at 0:11.

16. Fird Birfle says:

(said *only* in sympathy, of course!!! :) )

17. starling says:

We knocked the fireplace down yesterday and found 3 quid behind it! Plus a very old 50 pence piece and a gold chain (plated, oh well).

18. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for 3 quid and 50 p!!!!

19. @NTMTOM You got the wrong cat, if you’re looking for an argyle sock ask Dusty

20. Thief cat… LOL!

21. O.T.

Meg, you have totally spoiled me. I can’t cope with the real world any more. I was just at the vet’s where they print an annual calendar with pictures of their patients. There were many pictures of cute critters; but no cute sayings and no hover text. A few years ago, I would have been enraptured. Now I find myself addicted to Meg-speak with my cute pictures. I’m ruined … (back of hand to furrowed brow, face a study in agony)

22. victoreia says:

The solution: the C.O. calendar!

(Do I get anything for the sales pitch?)

23. A hearty atta girl! Snicker.

24. I agree 100%! I find myself looking for qte/funny hovertext on photos on other websites then I get sad when I remember “oh yeah, this isnt CO”.

25. Rachel of Cyberia says:

THE BASEBALL BAT from the one where he woke up his person!!

26. Yep, I lol’d as they both paused for a moment at the memory.

27. Yes, the baseball bat made me crack up, too!

28. Lerrinus says:

LOL! Loved it! :lol:

29. Heather says:

SO TRUE!!! Under our fridge and our stove lie untold amounts of mini mice, bottle caps, jingle balls, and all other manner of kitty amusement items.

30. Along with dust balls galore (and other nasties stuck to them).

31. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

32. How does an alot of junk look like? I think we should ask the expert:

33. So this is why my grandmother cleaned behind the frigerator twice a year.

34. This is why I clean behind the fridge AND stove. I think my kitties hide their treasures and forget they’re there!!

35. chanpon says:

And that is why I stuff rolled up wads of bubble wrap under my fridge and stove — to block the crappola that my cats would try to roll under there otherwise.

And good gosh! One of Simon’s cats (real life ones, shown on his website) looks like mine!

36. I don´t even wanna *know* what possible new life forms are breeding under *my* fridge!

37. Hmmmmm…….. I wonder if Simon’s cat makes house calls???????
    (Please don’t remind me Simon’s cat is a cartoon. I’m enjoying my own little story line where he might make house calls & he’s willing to clean out what might be under my fridge & I don’t want that fantasy buggered up by reality . Thank you so very much)

38. Kallisto says:

He’s not a cartoon cat. This is a cartoon about a cat. Simon can draw extremely well, so he chooses to make cartoons about this cat rather than boringly film it. This is what I believe.

39. Simon Tofield has a real cat on which he based the cartoon. Just like the tiger in Calvin and Hobbess is based on Bill Watterson’s real cat, and Garfield was based on Jim Davis’s real cat. If you look at the Facebook page for Simon’s cat, he has pictures of it; it’s a black kitten.

40. starling says:

Simon Tofield has a bunch of cats and Simon is an amalgamation of those.

41. shrooty! my man!

(air high-five)

42. Felicityanne says:

Hooray! THIS is the kind of Simon’s Cat cartoon that WORKS,,,real, with a dose of surreal. Not the weird little stories of more recent times!

43. Espilonarge says:

It must be the TARDIS of fridges. o.o;;;

44. That made me LOL so hard. ;)

45. OMFG. Have you seen all the great stuff in the Simon´s Cat Shop? I only want just about *everything*! :D

46. Alice007 says:

I am sitting here stunned at the sitting bank where you put money in his mouth. That is probably the best thing I’ve seen all week.

47. I love how the sound of slung stuff continues after video is done.

48. DumBunny says:

There is never enough of Simon’s Cat.

49. Shades of “My cat Annie”– remember?

50. Thank you, Theresa! You are my Interweb Goddess:)

51. If only Simon’s cat would come take a stroll near our house… he’d be welcome!

52. Yeah, this is our tv stand. Except it’s not random junk. It’s all of the cat’s other toys that have gone missing.

53. Pixie.Stix says:

I remember we once had a repair man come to look at our dryer and when he moved it away from the wall, underneath were countless hairbands, paperballs and other assorted cat toys. He just said “so I guess you’ll want to sweep that up.” I embarrassingly obliged.

54. Fird Birfle says:

Jiminy :)
    HE evidently wasn’t the “kinder, gentler” repairman, was he???

55. purrpal says:

My cats consider it Christmas when I clean under the stove or fridge. All sorts of long-forgotten toys materialize.

56. Quite Frankley stuff under your refrigerator can be quite shocking. Last week when I cleaned my house, I discovered where my memory cards had run off to.

unpleasant realy.