Simon’s Cat, Household Archaeologist

In today’s episode, Simon’s cat unearths rare artifacts of the lost Frigidaire tribe.

Comments

1. First????? This could be any large piece of furniture in my house.

2. Fird Birfle says:

I WANT TO MARRY SIMON’S CAT.

Simon is welcome to live in the workshed. I’ve got an extra cot he can use.

3. Hehe, I’m only the third one to comment how much I ADORE Simon’s cat!!

4. victoreia says:

@NTMTOM: it got eaten by the Sock Monster…..

5. More like a household MECHANIC

6. Yep, that’s pretty much what it looks like around my place when I move the stove, fridge, sofa, or armchair. Best finds: an earring (“YAAAYY!!!”) and my retainer (All together now: “EEEEWWWW!!”).

Also: Love the ‘Wiggle of Doom’ at 0:11.

7. @NTMTOM You got the wrong cat, if you’re looking for an argyle sock ask Dusty

8. Thief cat… LOL!

9. musicnote says:

I ‘fourth’ your sentiment, Zhana! I’m totally silly for Simon’s cat.

Hope it’s OK to mention this here, but are you aware that he’s got his own daily comic strip now, at the Daily Mirror?

10. O.T.

Meg, you have totally spoiled me. I can’t cope with the real world any more. I was just at the vet’s where they print an annual calendar with pictures of their patients. There were many pictures of cute critters; but no cute sayings and no hover text. A few years ago, I would have been enraptured. Now I find myself addicted to Meg-speak with my cute pictures. I’m ruined … (back of hand to furrowed brow, face a study in agony)

11. Fird Birfle says:

“EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!”

(said *only* in sympathy, of course!!! :) )

12. Rachel of Cyberia says:

THE BASEBALL BAT from the one where he woke up his person!!

13. Lerrinus says:

LOL! Loved it! :lol:

14. victoreia says:

The solution: the C.O. calendar!

(Do I get anything for the sales pitch?)

15. Heather says:

SO TRUE!!! Under our fridge and our stove lie untold amounts of mini mice, bottle caps, jingle balls, and all other manner of kitty amusement items.

16. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

THAT’S ALOT OF JUNK!!!!!!

17. A hearty atta girl! Snicker.

18. Yep, I lol’d as they both paused for a moment at the memory.

19. So this is why my grandmother cleaned behind the frigerator twice a year.

20. This is why I clean behind the fridge AND stove. I think my kitties hide their treasures and forget they’re there!!

21. chanpon says:

And that is why I stuff rolled up wads of bubble wrap under my fridge and stove — to block the crappola that my cats would try to roll under there otherwise.

And good gosh! One of Simon’s cats (real life ones, shown on his website) looks like mine!

22. Hmmmmm…….. I wonder if Simon’s cat makes house calls???????
    (Please don’t remind me Simon’s cat is a cartoon. I’m enjoying my own little story line where he might make house calls & he’s willing to clean out what might be under my fridge & I don’t want that fantasy buggered up by reality . Thank you so very much)

23. Yes, the baseball bat made me crack up, too!

24. shrooty! my man!

(air high-five)

25. How does an alot of junk look like? I think we should ask the expert: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

26. Felicityanne says:

Hooray! THIS is the kind of Simon’s Cat cartoon that WORKS,,,real, with a dose of surreal. Not the weird little stories of more recent times!

27. Espilonarge says:

It must be the TARDIS of fridges. o.o;;;

28. That made me LOL so hard. ;)

29. I don´t even wanna *know* what possible new life forms are breeding under *my* fridge!

30. OMFG. Have you seen all the great stuff in the Simon´s Cat Shop? I only want just about *everything*! :D

31. Alice007 says:

I am sitting here stunned at the sitting bank where you put money in his mouth. That is probably the best thing I’ve seen all week.

32. I love how the sound of slung stuff continues after video is done.

33. Along with dust balls galore (and other nasties stuck to them).

34. I agree 100%! I find myself looking for qte/funny hovertext on photos on other websites then I get sad when I remember “oh yeah, this isnt CO”.

35. Kallisto says:

He’s not a cartoon cat. This is a cartoon about a cat. Simon can draw extremely well, so he chooses to make cartoons about this cat rather than boringly film it. This is what I believe.

36. DumBunny says:

There is never enough of Simon’s Cat.

37. I’m mystified at the thumbs down. Please explain.

38. Probably because of your ‘f’ word: hint: not ‘furniture’

39. Shades of “My cat Annie”– remember?

40. If only Simon’s cat would come take a stroll near our house… he’d be welcome!

41. Simon Tofield has a real cat on which he based the cartoon. Just like the tiger in Calvin and Hobbess is based on Bill Watterson’s real cat, and Garfield was based on Jim Davis’s real cat. If you look at the Facebook page for Simon’s cat, he has pictures of it; it’s a black kitten.

42. Yeah, this is our tv stand. Except it’s not random junk. It’s all of the cat’s other toys that have gone missing.

43. WHAT ‘f’ word?????

44. You can’t mean ‘first”!

45. Thank you, Theresa! You are my Interweb Goddess:)

46. Fird Birfle says:

erm…. then again, they MIGHT mean that one….

47. Pixie.Stix says:

I remember we once had a repair man come to look at our dryer and when he moved it away from the wall, underneath were countless hairbands, paperballs and other assorted cat toys. He just said “so I guess you’ll want to sweep that up.” I embarrassingly obliged.

48. Yes. THAT ONE.

49. purrpal says:

My cats consider it Christmas when I clean under the stove or fridge. All sorts of long-forgotten toys materialize.

50. Fird Birfle says:

Jiminy :)
    HE evidently wasn’t the “kinder, gentler” repairman, was he???

51. Fird Birfle says:

please ‘scuse (or don’t)
    the following vent:
    WHY THA CRAP would anybody “thumbs-down” this from musicnote.

And if you’re one of those who did so, PLEASE don’t actually bother providing me with your reason. I’m really only expressing my indignation, over what seems to me to be a petty/ unkind action you chose.

52. Quite Frankley stuff under your refrigerator can be quite shocking. Last week when I cleaned my house, I discovered where my memory cards had run off to.

unpleasant realy.

53. Juniper Jupiter says:

He’s not Bubbles! :D

54. starling says:

We knocked the fireplace down yesterday and found 3 quid behind it! Plus a very old 50 pence piece and a gold chain (plated, oh well).

55. starling says:

Simon Tofield has a bunch of cats and Simon is an amalgamation of those.

56. starling says:

57. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for 3 quid and 50 p!!!!