Stuck in the Middle with You

“Well, I think I’ll roll around and chomp on my tailio.”

Good Kitten Times via my other favorite blog DListed.

Comments

1. Ummm, as cute as this tail-biter is, I have to ask the obvious question:

What happened to the hamster that was in this ball?

Just wondering…

2. Silly kitty thinks she’s a hermit crab.

3. Mamabear says:

Ya know, those hamster balls only come in a size bigger than that. Some enterprising person needs to just market ‘Cat Ball’, cause kitteh here, is gonna outgrow this one before long.

If YOU decide to produce these, please send me a cut of some of the royalties for a fantastic idea I’m sure no one else has evah had! :D

4. chanpon says:

And that is exactly why cats and kittens rule.

5. I lurvs the reaction of the non-hamster-ball kitteh. Alternately indignant, above it all, and curious.

6. Squee-ler’s Wheel!

7. I feel clawstrophobic on kitteh’s behalf.

No!! Don’t go back in there!!

8. As adorabuls as this is, I can’t help but be a little squicked out – that ball is filthy inside! Kitteh’s going to be licking for weeks to get out all that gunk…

9. SheepishKitty says:

keep your head, hands and feet…and tail…inside the moving vehicle at all time. or else it gets bitten off!

10. He’s the captain of his own personal pink Death Star.

11. A genuine live action ROFL – roll on the floor laugh demo, if I ever saw one. Maru, I really hope you like this little cousin cat!

12. ;____; Too cute

13. victoreia says:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!11!!! *gasp* Silly kitty!

14. That is win. A fitting last video before bed, if I do say so myself.

15. Moi, Actually says:

This item appeared on a daily newspaper site along with a headline and story explaining that the kitten was desperately trying to escape. Does anyone else see this?
    What I see is a kitten exhibiting advanced tool usage–the hamster ball is just an APP allowing better access to that fascinating tail.

16. I wish I’d been warned to take my Toe-Beano(R) before seeing this video.

17. Mary (the first) says:

That kitteh could escape anytime. I’ve seen them extricate themselves from trickier spots than that one.

18. You beat me to it! I was going to say this is what happens when you let a newborn kitty imprint on a hermit crab.

And yes, the song makes this video even better!

19. Okay I am officially in aww of cat balance.. even with his/her whole self in the ball kitty keeps the ball perfectly balanced enough to catch tail and toes and have a darned good time.

20. Yeah, the cat gets OUT of the ball, then considers going back in. Don’t think the kitten was too traumatized.

21. Biscuit Tin says:

Black-and-white kitty reads Rita Mae Brown books for fun, and does not even KNOW this lunatic. Really! Biting your own tail! That’s so, that’s so…aarrgh, it’s irresistible!

22. cubbybutt says:

Ew! It looks like Mr. Absent Hamster peed inside the ball. Yuck!

23. Exactly! that’s all i could think of while watching this, how filthy is that hamster ball?

REALLY FILTHY.

No wonder the kitteh is so interested, it must reek of rodent wee!

24. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Meg, I love that you love Dlisted. It’s one of the most foul-mouthed nastiest blogs out there, and hysterically funny at the same time…and such the opposite of CO..

25. I don’t know, but let’s look through the comment cards for the Kute Kitten Day Care on that day. Ahhh . . . here we go: “Thx for all the fun with the plastic balls and especially for the great snack! Bye!”

26. If you like hysterically funny and don’t mind profanity, you might mosey over to damnyouautocorrect.com for hilarious text messages gone wrong. I just heard about it two days ago and have spent hours in totally helpless laughter since then. Definitely NSFW.

And, um, such a cute kitten in that video!

27. Would it be possible to include the urls to the youtube videos? I browse CO from my blackberry frequently and it never loads embedded vids :( I’m missing out on morning commute cute

28. Trabb's Boy says:

Man, humans are weird. I found the squirrel thing a bit mean, but this not mean enough. Am I the only one waiting and hoping for the owner to kick the ball, just a little?

29. marthava says:

Wound upio.

30. metsakins says:

My thoughts exactly. Kitteh is stay, o no she didn’t!

31. metsakins says:

kiteh is saying, I meant to say (off to the kitchen for more coffee)

32. That kitteh is having a ball, lol!!

*grabs coat, leaves room*

33. there’s nothing in the world like kittens.

34. “How did I get in thie predicament? I bet it’s Tail’s fault! He’s always getting me into trouble!”

I would name those two kittehs Creamsicle and Fudgesicle.

35. tracylee says:

yes – I can’t read DYAC without the people at work accusing me of conniption fits and looking at me funny

36. Emmberrann says:

I love the glance at the camera person at about the 1:53 mark! It’s as if he’s saying, “What choo lookin’ at?!”

37. whoa. someone likes elvis. did you see all the dolls lined up in the last few seconds?

38. It’s NSFL (Not Safe for Lunchtime) either, unless you like PB & J spurted all over your monitor. (Voice of experience.)

39. ElishaB. says:

The Force is strong with this one……

40. ElishaB. says:

I would love to see the video/pics of this one getting IN to the ball. That would funny.

41. Sounds like a newspaper that doesn’t know cats…

42. Thanks. I’ve been laughing hard enough to cry for several minutes now.

43. Just what I was thinking!

44. Arrgh, could someone give this ball a quick rinse?

45. Made my day.

46. junbug20 says:

Kitties, never ending kitty antics, watch,watch laff, all day long……

47. Fird Birfle says:

I rather enjoyed how Tuxedo Guy was DETERMINED to stay out of bounds of the manic hamster/kitteh ball o’ Fun. I saw at least two different times that he rather SCAMPERED outta the path of the wandering, spiralling exercise ball.

48. I think whoever invented that doesn’t know cats…

49. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Kitty Death Star! Now witness the power of this armed and adorably operational battle station!

50. I was afraid to look at the video at first because of the header Stuck in the Middle with You. Ever since I saw Resevoir Dogs that song gives me the creeps.
    But of course this is C.O. so what I got was a cute little kitten in a hamster ball not a maniac cutting a cop’s ear off. :lol:

51. Catsquatch says:

“Hey, innit dere spozed ta bea hampster in here?”

You KNOW that when he grows up hes gonna poke his head in that ball and get stuck right?

Great song ;D

52. Chris B. says:

Hate to be the bearing of bad news but they already make kitty size balls.

53. Bengal kitties love it. Look for the vids on YouTube.

54. starling says:

Was it the Daily Mail?

55. well, next time REMOVE THE PREY BEFORE YOU EAT IT … stupid cat

56. Jessy, you’ve opened up a new chapter in my life. Thanks for the link.

57. This is adorable, but I gotta say, that ball looks absolutely disgusting. Looks like a hamster peed in it about a thousand times without it getting cleaned out before this little guy hopped in.

But that’s a minor gripe. This cat is cute as a button.

58. lurkingsmirk says:

I was gonna say – Reservoir Cats!

59. kimbunny says:

i thought the same thing – WhAt was in that ball?!

ick!

60. Beth covered in cat hair says:

Okay, I just started reading the DYAC…I just spit all over my computer screen from laughing AND someone at work asked me if I was okay. Note to self: read this at HOME.
    Too funny!

61. Squicked is a great word. Back in the day when I had a hamster, and associated ball, the inside got permanently like that from all the years of toenail scratching as she ran around the room. It wasn’t dirty, just translucent! Though I probably should have replaced the ball at that point… hm, I guess it never occurred to pre-teen me!

62. Mad =^..^= says:

mai sily h00min sawd 1 ov dese on cats 101. y it l00ks liek buzz saw? do. Not. WANT! =^..^=

63. Yep, I can’t hear that song now without being reminded of the scene from Reservoir Dogs. I like the movie, but that scene makes me squeamish. I still like the song, though, lol. =)

Plus, a cute kitty is a much preferable sight to the images that are conjured up by that song. ^_^

64. :lol: What a silly little kitty :lol:

65. JerilynS says:

He just wasn’t up for a game of “Bowling for Kittens”!

66. Look at the size of that thing!

67. I’ve had plenty of hamsters and plenty of hamsterballs. This is NOT filthy!

THey almost always look like thus, just because the hamsters have sharp little nails that scrape against it.

68. Kittens tails are so soft, they can’t feel them, so they don’t realise their tails belong to them and that’s why they chase them…. :-)

69. Mamabear says:

Noooooo! There goes my royalty retirement plan. :(

70. Haha! :)

71. You are welcome!

72. I have to read it at home, too. I have sat there with tears running down my cheeks from laughing so much.

73. I noticed and was curious if anyone else did XD

74. Several times every day my 10 ½ month old kitten Lucy gets onto the top shelf of the cat tree and curls around the post so that she can “discover” her tail and play with it. She has learned to use the post as a way of curling her tail into play position, just as this baby uses that hamster ball to play with his tail.

I can imagine the day when kitteh tries to play in the hamster ball and discovers to his dismay that he has out grown it. Probably he will get stuck halfway in (or all the way in) and have to squawk to be rescued. I hope the video camera is there to capture that moment!

75. I think the operative lyrics for Mr. Pink Death Star Kitten are

Trying to make some sense of it all,
    But I can see that it makes no sense at all,

76. Oh my goodness how cute and funny I could keep watching this for hours.

77. siorghra says:

when he started chewing his tail, I thought “agh! it’s the C.O. version of 127 hours!” Kitty, you don’t have to chew your tail off. Crawl out head first.