The Magic of 3-D Schnozz-O-Vision!

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in Cute Overload history, we present a post using a revolutionary new “glasses free” 3-D technology! That’s right — just sit back and brace yourself for breathtaking lifelike in-your-face 3-D realism!

Whoa! It’s coming straight for you! You folks in the front rows might want to duck!

Mr. Bart looks adorable in all dimensions, Tati S.

1. 260Oakley says:

A scene from Weiner Herzdog’s remake of “Nose-feratu”

2. Brilliant, just brilliant (slow claps in awe)

3. 260Oakley says:

Or this could be a Twitter photo of another prominent part of Anthony Wienerdog’s anatomy.

4. TrixandSam says:

Bravo Oakley!

5. Oakley, after this week, I think it is safe to say that the term “Member of Congress” has taken on a whole new meaning.

6. LOL! I didn’t think it would be you, Oakley!

7. 260Oakley says:

The dog flap was wide open… I just walked through.

8. I commented on another site that dogs generally have better character than Congresscritters, and you can get dogs neutered.

9. Politicians and diapers should both be changed frequently…and for the same reason. :P :D

10. *clawing out eyes*

11. Pass the eye bleach…

12. ashagato says:

13. ashagato says:

um, make that brilliant :)

14. fish eye no miko says:

BTW, I love dachshunds. (-:

15. Hey little Doxie, why the long face?!

16. Fird Birfle says:

erm… perhaps not so “leetle” Doxie????
    (at least, under the current photographic conditions) ;)

17. That was ridiculously funny–thanks, Nikki!

Mr Bart has some killer eyelashes to go with that very impressive schnozzle.

18. Copperbat says:

Glad I’m not the only fogey who thinks of these skits whenever people talk about 3D. XD

19. Lewis n' Clark says:

Absolutely. I wish there was a channel (hey, you could call it SCTV :) that ran these skits 24/7. I would watch it!

20. I might watch it 24/7. I would just get sucked inexorably into an SCTV vortex. Edith Prickley is my idol!

21. Fird Birfle says:

pardon the semi-vulgar language, but Wot the Crap???

*hides b/cuz she is skeered, uv thee anser…*

22. You don’t know from “Monster Chiller Horror Theater”?

23. Fird Birfle says:

Nope, nope, I di-unt!!!

Hopelessly not au-courant.

24. belphebe says:

As soon as I saw “3D” in the description, I thought of the SCTV skits as well. Thanks for linking to one of them!

Also, cute puppy!

25. Is this the latest James Cameron movie, Doggatar?

26. MamaMclain says:

I work as a groomer at PetSmart, and I got to play with an adorable liver colored short haired doxie the other day, the look of love these guys give you, is sooo heartbreaking. His tail never stopped wagging, even though he hated having his nails being messed with; he was sweet the whole time. Doxies remind me of one loooong neck with legs akimbo. Like little Falcor’s.

27. victoreia says:

28. Noelegy says:

Great, now I’m going to have that Limahl song stuck in my head all day.

Not that I mind, you understand. Child of the 80s and all

29. I luuuurved that song!

30. TrixandSam says:

Wiener dogs have a special place in Chicagoans’ hearts. A few months ago, local radio talk show host, John Williams, lost his long-time wiener dog named Fred (whom he affectionately called America’s Largest Wiener Dog). He and his wife loved Fred and in turn, his audience did too so we shared in their pain when Fred went over the Rainbow Bridge.

Well, good news for all: they adopted a three-year old rescue wiener named Daisy. She has no idea just how good she’s going to have it!

Anyway, I can’t see a wiener without thinking of John Williams and Fred. I had to share with the CO fambly!

31. “the rainbow bridge” LOL!!

Dig it!

32. Noelegy says:

Okay, I’m curious…why would you “LOL” at “Rainbow Bridge?”

Either you don’t know what it means, or you do, and you’re trying to be a jerk.

33. Fird Birfle says:

Touching, lovely story!!!
    In particular, I happen to think that the word “Daisy” carries wonderful optimistic happy associations and I’m happy for whoever chose that name for the new member of the household!!!

34. It didn’t for HAL. :mrgreen:

35. Lewis n' Clark says:

“I can’t do that, Dave”

36. Have you seen “Robots?”

There’s a scene in which a robot, voiced by Mel Brooks, sings “Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do…” in a loopy voice because he’s just been knocked silly. :)

37. torn earlobe?

38. Not only adorable, but that dog looks smart too. This is a dog that knows calculus and reads Proust.

39. Fird Birfle says:

“reads Proust — en francais!!!!” *sigh*

Je m’avais ete la-bas; j’avais fait cela.
    Been there, done that.

40. Um….read Proust in English. Does that count?

41. starling says:

Ha, I’ve read it in Dutch.

So nyerhe.

42. Fird Birfle says:

YES it counts. AND you get extra bonus points, if
    reading it, made you feel world-weary and angsty!!! :)

43. I read Proust and I’m kindof a dingbat.

44. *waving pompoms furiously* YAY DINGBATS!

45. But we love you anyway.

46. Hey! I’m smart, but I will never, ever grok calculus. ;)

47. Verdict: 3-D Schnozz is awesome.

48. The Schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries…

49. Marshwiggle says:

Gah! I was just going to say that myself. Well played. :)

50. Fird Birfle says:

And, for the *ahem* SLIGHTLY younger of CO’s denizens, HERE is the ORIGINAL Schnozz-o-vision subject. Enjoy!!!!
    (*hopes the visuals will embed*)

51. warrior rabbit says:

Hey, a young Mary Wickes. I always liked her, for some reason. Father Dowling, Sister Act, Little Women… A character actor who seemed like a real character in real life, too.

52. “For some reason?” She was wonderful!

53. Alice Shortcake says:

“I may stay a month or I may leave immediately!”

For the past thirty years I’ve quoted that line on every remotely suitable occasion. Not a single person has recognised it, for I am surrounded by fools and philistines.

54. tracylee says:

hot cha cha cha!

55. Lillith says:

Any Jimmy Durante reference gets thumbs up from me!

56. 3-Dachshun3-d.

57. I CAN’T believe nobody has done this yet!! Boop.

58. I think this deserves epic boop treatment! Did Teho loan anyone his mad gif-making skills while he is away?

59. tracylee says:

we’re gonna need a bigger Boop…

60. victoreia says:

Well, that type of 3D I could actually bring myself to watch!

61. Lewis n' Clark says:

62. Copperbat says:

was there ever a more kissable nose in all of history? no.

63. and the answer is none. None more kissable.

64. Jake of All Trades says:

Do these photos actually look kinda 3D to anyone else, or am I just up waaay to late? I think I know the answer, actually…

65. SlaveToCat says:

Bam!!! I can almost feel a wet nose on my nose and smell puppy breath. Is that a puppy tongue washing my face.

66. Every morning I wake up to this 3 D treatment by my dachshund Hamish. If you get the senso-matic 3D you can feel the cold wet nudge on your face too!

67. tracylee says:

and Smell-O-Vision for the dogbreath :D

68. Haha! Yes, but be careful to get the 2d version of that. The real thing will burn off your eyebrows and peel your wallpaper.

69. TrixandSam says:

Hamish – great name for a doxie.

70. If I ever had a doxie, I think I’d be tempted to name it Haggis.

71. skippymom says:

If I had a dog named Haggis, I think I would be too tempted to eat him. (I actually like haggis.)

72. Rrreeeaaalllyyy? For reals? it’s kinda scottish scrapple.

73. skippymom says:

Yes, for reals. I don’t often get the chance to eat it, but I have enjoyed it in the past.

74. I’d name mine Schnitzel. :D

75. thanks! Most people pronounce it Ham-ish, instead of Hay-mish, not realizing it’s a Scottish name. Because, a Scottish name makes so much sense for a German dog.

76. Well, I’d probably pay $5 dollars to see this sweet face.

77. CHarris says:

He’s sooooo cute…and smoochable! I have 2 doxies…they’re fantastic, wonderful little babies!!!!! Luv U.

78. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: This page needs more dachshund.

79. Awww. I usually shake doggies’ snoots when I meet them (in place of shaking hands ^.^) This one would take two hands to shake!

80. Fleurdamour says:

Cyranose De Baroogerac

81. Ali-baba says:

I nose what you did there! ;-)

83. Beep!!!

84. That face can have half of my sandwich everytime!
    And a hug.

85. The second pic- “I’m not answering the door!”