I’ll Miss You All Summer

I can’t believe that you’ll be moving up a grade and they’re holding me back, just because they say I’m… (snif!) slow! It’s not my fault! I’m supposed to be slow!

Another of Ant’s Quality Foraged Links.

Comments

1. PLEASE DON’T GO!!!

2. YOU’RE ALL I GOT!

3. Alice Shortcake says:

Sloths are obviously taking over the World of Cute (albeit slowly). It took me some time to realize that Tardy McDawdleson here was a real sloth, not a toy.

Honestly, I can’t take much more of this. One of these days you’re going to hear about a middle-aged Englishwoman breaking into a sloth sanctuary and escaping with as many of the inmates as she can festoon about her person.

4. brinnann says:

AWWWWWW!!!!!!

*sneefle*

This needs a “Cute or Sad?” tag.

5. Is that a baby sloth? Its so small. This picture is freakin’ adorable! And yes Alice Shortcake (love your name) you are right, sloths are verrrrrry slooooowwwwly taking over the world of cute.

6. OMGosh, what a sweet picture! Srsly, folks, between this pic and the new litter of kitties at the IBKC, I am ded from all teh qte and adorableness. Ded, I tell ya, ded.

*THUNK*

7. marthava says:

We just found out my granddaughter’s BFFOAT – Best Friend Forever Of All Time – is being held back next year. My granddaughter will be moving on to 2nd grade, but the BFFOAT is being held back. Oh, the humanity!!!! :( Maybe this pic will help. Also, they live 5 minutes from each other, so that should help some. :)

8. Oh STINKIN’! Slow, but STINKIN’!

9. formica says:

Tardy McDawdleson? It’s perfect!

10. Lillith says:

I gave you a thumbs up not only because of your love of sloths and the name Tardy McDawdelson but mainly because you used the word “festoon”. That word is not used nearly enough!

11. Lillith says:

Seriously that picture is so precious it almost hurts to look at.

12. I really, really need to hug a sloth. It’s what I was put on this earth to do.

13. Now I need a hug too… :cry:

14. Marshwiggle says:

I…it….but…ahhhhhhnnnnn……*keels over*

P.S. Nice url, too!

15. tracylee says:

what do I have to do in life to get a sloth hug??

16. tracylee says:

your whole post made me grin!

17. Stunbunny says:

You’re bringing “festoon” back! Love it.

18. This basically turns me into a puddle of goo. Sloths are easily my favoritest animals and this picture…just…hurts to look at. Hurts so good, that is.

19. Now I’m crying because I’m not this girl.

20. I don’t care about instincts and holding on to their mamas’ coats and being carried and nature and stuff. I just know I WANT A CUTE ANIMAL TO HUG ME.

21. p.s. Of course you know this means my poor, put-upon cat will be subjected to a lot more hugging than usual tonight, which is really quite beneath her.

22. The pathos would be more believable if Tardy McDawdleson (thank you, Alice Shortcake!) wasn’t grinning like a loon. :mrgreen:

23. Adorable kidlet and slothlet!

24. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Looks like this snuggular liddle sloth would make a good iPod touch wallpaper. And, once again, WHY HAVEN’T I EVER HUGGED A SLOTH?! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A HUG FROM ONE?!

25. Dead. Me. On the floor.

26. Princess of Insolence says:

May I also join your festoonery? That sounds like my kind of hijinx!

27. Martha in Washington says:

I hear that new Sloth Velcro (TM) is the strongest yet!

And also…”NO!!! Take me with you!”

28. jlamusings says:

<<>>

(not a sloth hug but it’ll have to do!)

29. Martha in Washington says:

Dear Alice.
    When this fictional “middle-aged Englishwoman” needs a place to hide with her ill-gotten sloths, please let her know that she and the said sloths will not be welcome at my house in the hard-to-search area of the Pacific Northwest. She will not find sanctuary here among the other sloth lovers of the world. Please do not give her my phone number and address or let her know that I am very sneaky or secretive about keeping escaped cute animals. Thank you for your cooperation in this!
    Signed,
    NOT an Aider or Abetter

30. jlamusings says:

ha! I know that feeling radiating off of disapproving kittehs as you enfold them into tight huggles. It’s the “I’m only tolerating this because you are a lower life form who doesn’t understand the indignity of this to my person” *goes looking for unsuspecting kittehs to squeeze*

31. jlamusings says:

oops.. it cut off my “hug” in the <>>

weird. Html tag I guess?

32. Fird Birfle says:

“ewwww,look, it’s a HUMAN CHILD!!!!! AAAugh!!!
    How DARE they?????”

*barely subdued giggle*

33. Fird Birfle says:

– you forgot the part about “and b’cuz you can operate an electric can opener at dinnertime….” :)

34. Oh I just LOVE this photo!

35. And PS, NOMTOM, perfect caption. :)

36. I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST SAW THAT.

37. jlamusings says:

oh yes… those opposible thumbs keep us useful to our feline (and canine) overlords…

38. earlybird1 says:

hee hee! I love that you said “sneefle.”

39. It is kind of like wee sloth is covered in velcro and someone lobbed her at the child’s tummy — and now both are being polite as they try to mutually extricate themselves.

40. Lerrinus says:

Awwwwwww! So cute I almost cried! *sniffle* Just dust allergies!

41. Ayeesha says:

What an adorable little girl being hugged by the most adorable bebeh sloth. It’s like they live in an alternate reality cuteverse that I’m clearly not in. SAD.

42. You mean the sloth is a real baby? I thought for sure it was one of those stuffies with magnetic hands. And the caption…and hover text….I can’t stand the cuteness. Yumyumyumyum.

43. Thanks for the laugh. :)

44. Hey Martha,
    When they’re ready to move on please don’t send them to Yakima !

45. Quizkid says:

Must . . . book . . . flight to . . . Costa Rica . . . STAT!

46. victoreia says:

Oh, I feel better now, knowing it’s not just my girl who gives that attitude!

47. Alice Shortcake says:

Neither is “obfuscate” but unfortunately I couldn’t think of a sloth-related use it…

48. Alice Shortcake says:

Martha,

It’s good to know that you’re not an Aider or Abetter. However, I note that you neglected to make it clear that neither are you an Enabler. Remember, careless slips like this may result in your home being inundated by desperate sloth-smugglers and their torpid bundles of joy.

AND WE DON’T WANT THAT, DO WE?

MudBug, I have absolutely no idea where Yakima is.

*index finger strays towards Google Earth*

49. Alice Shortcake says:

Dammit, there should be a “for” between “use” and “it”. I’m being punished for the sin of taking pride in my vocabulary.

50. I know of a 30-something Englishwoman who might be available to aid or abet. She’s quite chubby, so all the more room for sloths to cling to!

51. January says:

Absolutely terrific. Another one for the calendar!

52. How about: The pregnancy was an obfuscation to help the lovely middle-aged Englishwoman sneak one more sloth past the security at Heathrow.

53. Hey Alice,
    Yakima is in the Washington State wine country about three hours away from Seattle & Portland & smack dab in the middle of not a whole heck of a lot. It’s on the other side of the Cascade mountain range from Seattle on the dry side of the state.

54. Kallisto says:

Actually, the NOMTOM text gave me separation anxiety. I’m a little depressed these days. And this made me well up.

55. bebeh sloth-” I luf you theeeeeeeees musch!”

56. Or to Bremerton!

57. Yeh, I know wut you mean; I don’t want to be left alone either……Mebbee the Govmint can institute an “Adopt a Sloth” program to take care of this problem……. :cry:

58. Certainly not to Portland either. I can’t think of a single person who would willingly aid a slothnapper. Nope, not a single person.

59. Alice Shortcake says:

Lawks, this site is edumacational. I suppose that being in the wine country helps to make up for the fact that it’s smack dab in the middle of not a whole heck of a lot!

*hic*

60. Has she come from Urmston?

61. Omg. That is just too cute.

62. Where is it’s real mother?

63. this is my second favourite post ever, only because my dog has been on cute overload and he’s obviously my first favourite. but holy crap, BEST EVER! I NEED THAT SLOTH.

64. marthava says:

*sneefle* i like that. LOL

65. Spanish lesson for the day :

sloth = lazy monkey

( sings Chris Griffin’s song with altered lyrics : ”lazy, lazy monkey” )

66. Martha in Washington says:

Alice,
    We definitely do not want my spare room, large garage or completely fenced-in yard to be inundated with Sloths and their Liberators. No, we don’t.
    Signed,
    Not an Accomplice Either.

67. Gail White says:

Are you meeting your sloth’s emotional needs today?

If so, why is it clinging to you like a baby koala to a eucalyptus tree?

(As for its real mother, the family probably ate it. Not everybody is sappy
    about clingy fuzzies.)

68. JenDeyan says:

This is like a one-two punch of cuteness. Adorable little girl. WHAM! Adorable baby animal clinging desperately to said adorable little girl. BAM! I really think CO is trying to murder us.

69. bob drummond says:

If the sloth is an orphan then you do not want to know where the mother is now !!!!

70. bob drummond says:

Trust me on this one- slothes r not found in eucalyptus trees.Koalas r .

71. flutterby says:

Wasn’t online for several days and just look what I missed! Beheh sloths are the bomb!

72. poodoo lover says:

For those in need of an animal that is legal to hug, longs to be hugged, can’t be hugged too often and kisses you after you hug them, I suggest looking into a standard poodle. They are nothing like their smaller counterparts. They do seriously guard those they love. But boy do they know how to do love. Just a thought. I am disabled, my standard poodle is my service dog and pulls me everywhere and gives me balance, all for a smile and a lovie.

73. Please…what ever you do, do NOT send that three toed cuteness to San Diego. Shamu can not handle the competition!

74. Can I have a standard sloth?>:}