Coo Coo Squirrel

“I am a pigeon and not a squirrel. Coo-coo! I’m a pigeon with a rare fluffy tail disorder. Coo-coo! And did I mention I’m not a squirrel? Coo-coo! Please take me in. I want to carry vital information to spies across enemy lines. I want to poop on things. Coo-coo!”

This flying squirrel wannabe via Ant’s Quality Foraged Links

Comments

1. Perhaps he’s hoping to blend in when the old lady with the popcorn shows up.

2. Squirrel is on the fence about his identity

3. fatgrammafinn says:

coo coo. please not to poop on my car. coo coo.

4. Squirrel: Okay, I’m a squirrel, but I’m a flying squirrel.

Pigeon: Then why don’t you have those flap thingies?

Squirrel: Because the disorder that gave me a fluffy tail relieved me of the flaps too.

5. Michelle says:

I like how the bird on the ground is looking up at him like, “dude, you are in my spot!”…..

6. Christine says:

That bird is Sheldon Cooper.

7. “General, did you own a lovely, plump, speckly pigeon called Speckled Jim, that you hand-reared from a chick, and which was your only childhood friend?”

8. bob drummond says:

Who said squirrels don’t have any sense ? Obviously this one is an opportunist first class. He knows a good thing when he sees it !!!!

9. Mary (the first) says:

Squirrels are like that.

10. Hay are you new in town? I think you came to the wrong fence, yours is over there, by trhe other NUTS!

11. Hay are you new in town? I think you came to the wrong fence, yours is over there, by the other NUTS!

12. Fird Birfle says:

1: I had presumed that this item was a NTM item…but no it says Pyrit.
    2: How did you come by this background data, regarding the Secret Life
    of Sqwyrl Double Agents and their Sqwyrl Bowel Movement Habits, Pyrit???
    Isn’t that a bit ….conveeeeeeeeeeeenient???? Where were you, on the night of……….???????

13. Fird Birfle says:

PS: “Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit, outta my hat!!!”

14. camo-squirrel?

15. victoreia says:

*snerk*

16. Fird Birfle says:

[@ victoreia]: *wink*

17. A-gaaaaaaaaaaaain?

18. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

This is weerd…. All the birds near my house are afraid of squirrels. Even if they are the same size as the squirrel.

19. mplsredd says:

and i’m blending into the group, nothing to see here, no sirrey.

20. skippymom says:

I am so totally, absolutely making “I want to poop on things” my new catchphrase.

21. zeck 37 says:

Doctor Sheldon Cooper

22. Larry Sheldon says:

A picture of a collection of urban rats. What is the big deal?

(By the way, squirrels are predators, so the fact that the birds hang around is sort of interesting.)

23. Black Adder reference for the win!!!!

24. Mata Hairy queen of the spies infiltrating a nest of enemy.

25. Fird Birfle says:

@ skippymom: you might wanna refrain, though, if you decide to
    go on an interview for a different job. They might not get it :)

26. Fird Birfle says:

“oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh”
    I didn’t know the source. Thx. :)

27. From wiki: “Squirrels’ diet consists primarily of a wide variety of plant food, including nuts, seeds, conifer cones, fruits, fungi and green vegetation. However some squirrels also consume meat, especially when faced with hunger.[8]“

28. Larry Sheldon says:

From looking out the window at the feeding platform off the deck railing, I believe that should end with “especially when faced with an opportunity”.

The turkeys are the only ones that will chase a squirrel that intrudes, most of the other birds will not come as close as they will with a hawk in the area.

It is a big platform, sometimes the Grackles will dive in and grab something from the side farthest from a single squirrel and flee.

We lose more small birds to squirrels than we do to cats, window strikes, and hawks, all combined.

29. Larry Sheldon says:

We don’t have pigeons on the deck, but the collared doves are nearly as big–they won’t come near the deck when the squirrels are in attendance.

30. Get a room, you two! ;)

31. TrixandSam says:

Squirrels are territorial, not predatory, hence the defense of ready sources of food, aka the feeding platform in your yard.

32. Larry Sheldon says:

The ones here are predatory or predatory opportunists or opportunistic predators.

We have watched them sneak up, catlike on a bird and take it.

End of the bird in question and end of discussion for me.