Everybirdy Loves a Parade

Mama, are we waiting for a parade?
Yes, it’s a parade for Memorial Day; a holiday to honor our “heroes and she-roes”.
Do we get presents?

Stand down, Ben S.

Comments

1. Happy Memorial DAY!!!!!!!!To all the dogs, cats, hamsters, PINK cats, bunnies, farm friends, fishes, hedgehogs, weird things AND last but not least, all you C.O. people and C.O. lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PS did I forget any critters, if so lemme know! :-) :-);-);-):-)

2. “do we get presents?” “no” giggle.

3. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh also “what did the baton twirler just step in?” heh heh

4. Fird Birfle says:

Here’s a bird who loves a Memorial Day Parade!!!

5. earlybird1 says:

Yayyy! Make way for ducklings!

6. Now what you hear is not a test–i’m rappin to the beat
    and me, the groove, and my friends are gonna try to move your feet
    see I am Wonder Mike and I like to say hello
    to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple and yellow. :mrgreen:

7. goose goose goose goose GOOSE.

(runs around room)

8. Goslings, ackshally.

9. Birdcage says:

I love that it’s a Canada Goose & family waiting for a Memorial Day parade, when we do not celebrate Memorial Day in Canada.

10. http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110530/NEWS/105300305&cid=sitesearch also birdie related … mama duck lost duckies down a drain, officer stopped traffic three times to get them to safety.

11. earlybird1 says:

Whoops! I stand corrected. Welp, no matter what they are, they’re gorgeous!!

12. earlybird1 says:

Ahhh, everybody loves a parade! Plus, geese are pros at marching in line. :D

13. toehawk says:

Does the parent goose have a nose piercing? Interesting.

14. wannadance says:

yay!!

salutes.

puts hand over heart (which no one seems to do anymore) and sings ‘the star spangled banner.’

removes hand from heart. that is my present.

15. kodalai says:

No lack of Canada Geese down here either, especially not in the winter.

16. Mary (the first) says:

Actually, it’s not required to put your hand over your heart for the National Anthem, you’re supposed to stand sort of at attention. The hand over heart is for the Pledge of Allegiance. I was looking these up in the US “Code” awhile back (for other purposes.) Just FYI.. we are not being disrespectful to not hand-over-heart for the SSB.

17. or grass in the nostril? thinking about it makes me wanna sneeze

18. Fird Birfle says:

gosh, Theresa, look!
    Your complexion sure has changed A LOT in the past week or so :)

19. Fird Birfle says:

@ wannadance: did you hit those high notes while singing the song?
    I never can :)

20. Fird Birfle says:

But there isn’t
    [I’m FAIRLY certain my facts on this, but I haven’t checked at the Librry/ Congress today…] any BELOVED BOOK called
    “Make way for Goslings” …. ;)

Signed,
    Bibliophile / Troublemaker

21. BeachisSandy says:

Could be an African Tribal wood piercing thing. It’s all the rage with the young foul this year. Looks like she might have tried the brass rings, at some point, to elongate the neck. =)

22. BeachisSandy says:

**Fowl**

23. Starfish says:

Unfortunately for me, we don’t observe Memorial Day down here in the Caymans, but I’m inclined to wish everybody a happy Memorial Day anyhow. Plus “What did the baton twirler just step in?” is the best thing I’ve read all day.

24. What a great story! Thank you so much for sharing it:)

25. Branta canadensis. Kinda messy though

26. amygaspard says:

awwww baby geese are adorable!

27. Oh yeah. They should talk about the horses.

28. And here I am a few hours later tellin’ people I got the top post!!Yay meeee!!!!-I have never gotten to before (at least I don’t remember it…) :-)—-So The only animals I can think of that I forgot are, slothes, birds, rabbits, raccoons and possums, and I still want people to add other animals I forgot..

29. I actually don’t know what the baton twirlier stepped in, so can someone-y tell me-wa ?;-)

30. Emmberrann says:

@Me, Echo:
    If you’ve ever had Canada geese marchin’ around your doorstep or on your sidewalk, you’d know what the baton twirler stepped in! That’s the biggest complaint (next to the mosquitoes) here in summer! Ya gotsta look wheah y’all are plantin’ yo feet!

31. Yes, now it seems to be bright bleen. :mrgreen:

32. *pinch*

33. (Or should that be *GOOSE!* ?)

34. Malinki says:

I think you forgot veterans ;)

35. AAAAARGH

36. warrior rabbit says:

Note that it follows, “What did that horse just do?”

37. wannadance says:

eeeeeeeeeeek!

38. wannadance says:

yep. but i have to start real low. have trouble with those bass notes…

it is one of the most unsingable songs ever…

39. wannadance says:

this is good to know, thank you…one more thing off the hypertension list…when i was at the brownie/girl scout stage, we always did, so i always did, yeah, until now. will probaby always. old guys hold their hatw in their left hands and put right over heart. i am always moved by that. people my age who still do that. and vets and those in uniform.

to all the vets who taught us that freedom is never free.
    THANK YOU.

40. wannadance says:

mary, did you see all the stuff required of those who guard the tomb of the unknown soldier. it’s amazing.

actually, need to look it up. could be one of those internet scammos./

41. *Blink*I suppose I did unless a few like hangin’ around on C.O., HEEhEE, *Wink* ;-)

42. Thanks!!!1!!11!!!1

43. I think-

44. So is the joke “Mamma, what did that horse just do?”-“and what did that baton twirler just step in?” ??????????

45. Does that mean what I think it means? :\

46. Malinki says:

That we do :)

US Air Force ’85-’89

47. Fird Birfle says:

*feels jubilant to be “in on” a Bleen item, without bearing the ominous responsibility for having committed the crime!!!!*

Signed,
    “Who, ME????”

48. Fird Birfle says:

That was certainly MY interpretayshon :)

49. Fird Birfle says:

Another non-profound but related philosophical qwerstyun:
    “If the preferred plural of ‘mouse’ is ‘meeses’
    [as in “I love meeses to pieces”] ….then I wonder whether the related plural for “Goose” [exception of Meg’s beloved Goose who ISN”T actually a “goose”]

“geeses”??????

50. Malinki@– *Mouth wide open* Y-you were in the..You know….
    OK well I’m actually a twelve year old who doesn’t
    really know what a veteran is..But I thinks I do… :-)
    *Maybe*

51. The plural for mouse is mice and the plural for goose (not the adorable, Blue pup)- is Geese

52. “Heros and she-roes”! Love it! That goes right into my new vocabulary. Thanks, Pyrit.

53. Erm, “whoosh”

54. BANANAPHONE!

(hi, Theo :mrgreen: )

55. Ravenwood0001 says:

I’d put a ResQte tag on this one if it ever got it’s own persona posting. Super sweet!

56. Ravenwood0001 says:

Sorry can’t type today, I meant personal not persona. Probably everybody knows, but I’m fussy.

57. I so badly want to pull it out for some reason. How it must tickle!! *cringe*

58. warrior rabbit says:

59. it was your falt you post me in to the ases

60. And we can thank Maya Angelou, who is probably most famous for saying it, although I don’t know if she was the first to ever say it. :-)

61. Heehee

62. Lewis n' Clark says:

And once again I cannot glean
    Just what this word “bleen” can mean
    Is it nice? Is it obscene?
    Oh please won’t someone explain “bleen”?
    I did my research; I did reviews
    But “Glossary” gave me no clues
    So PLEASE my friends
    Please don’t be mean
    And define this word
    This word called “bleen”

63. Fird Birfle says:

To Lewis/ Clark:

very very nice inventive rhyming, etc.

Basically, here at CO, “bleen” is used as code for “wheeeeeeeeeeee I got the first comment in”.

It’s one of those things where when Theo was in-house, a kid could get beat up and have his lunch money taken, for daring to say “bleen”.

However, since many of us at CO behave similarly to the Jets and Sharks
    (the juvenile delinquent NY gang members from the film “West Side Story”) ……

Also, if I remember correctly, under Wikipedia, they go into some detail about early math/statistics/computer science background for the word, but it’s still a muddy story.