You’re my puppy

According a story floating around the Internets, this little ginger foster kitten named Cheech was introduced to a teeny tiny five-day old orphaned chihuahua puppy named Casanova.

Cheech took to the little puppy, immediately grooming and cleaning him.

The puppy responded to his every touch, snuggling up to his new friend like a pup to his mother.

When Cheech was tired, he would climb into the puppy’s box and cuddle, sharing the heating blanket.

To Cheech, he was “his” puppy and best friend.

You have GOT to be kidding me [cross-eyed head tilt], Holly F. Photos may be by Kimberly J, we’re not sure…

[ooh ooh, lookit who popped up in the comments! the original story!]

Comments

1. chanpon says:

Kitteh: All your cuteness are belong to me! *sleepy hugz* Take that momma cat.

2. Aerliss says:

*dies* I love how in the first one, Cheech is all “mine! You no haz!” And then again in the penultimate one he’s all “nooooo, I’m watching you!”

3. No! My baby! My baby!

4. Mary (the first) says:

Looks to me like two lonesome babehs finding comfort in each other. Very sweet!!

5. AWW :D I hope both babies grow up together in a loving home :D

6. Teresa in KC says:

This one deserves a Marc Antony tag!

7. Oh for heaven’s sake!! These photos are so unbelievable sweet, I think I spontaneously sprouted 3 cavities! Love love love this. And I love Cheech’s chubby little spotted belly! Cute cute cute.

8. If these two don’t end up together, I quit the internet.

9. Hi Cute Overload,

I am glad that you enjoy the images. The original story is here:

We would appreciate it if you could link to the original source.

10. oh good lord. this is the high-fructose-corn-syrup kind of Qte that has nearly incapacitated me. my head asploding is most likely imminent. gah!

whoever adopts these BFFs had BETTER adopt them TOGETHER or i’m cracking some skulls! ;o)

11. This is sooo unbelievably cute!!! *OVERLOADED*

12. Holly F says:

Yippee! My submission made it! I can’t believe it! I’ve only submitted like a hundred things over the past few years, lol.

Now if only one of my personal pics would make it….I got me & my cat in the pool on a floaty, one of my ferrets sleeping w/close up tongue action, me and a baby raccoon….give me your requests! It must involve a chihuahua, cat, ferret, or combo thereof :)

13. Fird Birfle says:

THIS orunj one is DEFINITELY NOT poyzon!!!!

14. There is video too! Found a short clip on YouTube! http://youtu.be/2_9CSU04mJI

15. Cheech is all “You’re my brotha from anotha motha…”

16. Holly F says:

Good sleuthing, she has one more too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoXeFTSnUF0

17. Tinie resQtie tangerine tabbie Teho bait!

18. I did a quick search and those photos are from 2009. I chose to believe they were adopted together and they are, at this moment snuggling together on a couch in a loving home.

19. Whoever adopted them had better have adopted them together. It would be criminal to separate such good wittle friends, especially when Cheech was so luvvin’ to tiny Casanova.

20. Lillith says:

I’m looking at these sweet photos and “Just the Two of Us” by Bill Withers is running through my head.

I too hope they were adopted together and are snorgling in a big comfy chair someplace.

21. The pictures were, indeed, taken by Kimberly J. This story is true.

22. Kirsten D. says:

I am ded. I have melted into a puddle of squee. Oh my god, they’re so cute together! I love me some interspecies snorgling. And who said cats and dogs couldn’t get along?

Also, I LOVE the Looney Tunes reference! “I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and pat him and rub him and caress him and…”

23. Indeed those were my foster babies in 2009, and I took those pics :) I was actually just babysitting them for my fellow fosterer, Amanda, while she was on vacation. They were both special-needs babies.

They actually DID end up living together, although not intentionally. After all the trouble EACH of them individually gave Amanda, she didn’t give them up – foster fail! HA! So she still has them both. Cassa is nothing but trouble, I swear! He will eat ANYTHING and last year had to have surgery to remove massive amounts of stuff from his intestines, including shoe laces, panties, and goodness knows what else! And there were no shoelaces missing in the house!!!

Seriously, though, they’re both doing great, and have grown up as cute as can be.

–Kimberly J

24. Kimberly J. also has a blog: http://www.kimberlyskittens.com/ and livejournal: http://simplykimberly.livejournal.com/

25. Second photo is an encore presentayshe, but the rest are new, and adorable.

26. Eloiseariel says:

And, Looney Tunes is referencing the original, “Of Mice and Men” by John Steinbeck. CO is nothing if not a literary reference place!

27. Here is the original post about Cheech and Casanova: http://simplykimberly.livejournal.com/871072.html

28. I am officially ded!! I don’t think I could have given these two up for all the good intentions in the world. Ded,
    ded,
    ded…

29. This… has bested me. I am undone.

Undone, I say!

x__x

30. Holly F says:

That’s so awesome to hear! I wonder if they still cuddle like this??

31. victoreia says:

I second the motion!!!!!1!1!!!!

32. victoreia says:

I knew I’d read the original reference, but couldn’t remember it! (Dang that aging thing!)

33. bob drummond says:

Was sprechen Sie?

34. bob drummond says:

That is what I wanted to hear ! Just beautiful !!!

35. paulajeanne says:

Would love to see current photos of the two?

36. bagoguts says:

What’s a Marc Antony tag??

37. Christina S. says:

Way too cute! There needs to be a warning label on this post for the off the charts levels of cute, adorability and cuddliness!! OFF THE CHARTS! =)

38. fallengirl says:

aw. It’s almost like a real life Ren and Stimpy.

“Reeeeeeen? Will you bathe me?”

39. *ded*

40. Fird Birfle says:

It’s a Cute Overload Tag (see list of CO Tags, begins with “Bears”, at left margin of page).
    This one (Marc A.) is attached to identify items, which are similar to THIS CLASSIC SWEET Merrie Melodies cartoon from 1952.

41. That’s fantastic to hear! I’m so glad they stayed together as they were clearly Meant To Be! Little Cassanova sounds like a rascal for sure. Thanks for sharing their happy ending! :)

42. I was coming on here to post just that! I wonder if they continued to cuddle this way, and would love to see photos of them as they got older.

43. lisacrb says:

i wanted to find a current pic of both of them , but i DID happen to find a pic of cassanova grown up..i don’t know how current it is….

anyway, this is such a sweet story ..wipes tear from eyeball

44. Thank you for both the explanation (yes, the MA Award is highly appropriate for this set of pics) and the link to my all time fave cartoon ;-)

45. Queen of Dork says:

Wow! That is the sweetest thing EVER! *gulp* I’m getting kind of woozy but I’m trying really hard not to feint. That is just so lovely and beautiful!

46. Not to split hairs, but THIS is actually the “Original Source”: http://simplykimberly.livejournal.com/871072.html

47. Thanks for the happy update!!! ;-) I followed your link and now am on your email list too (where will I find the time….?) and saw that these pix dated from ’09, so I was hoping… ;-) These little cuddlers define Prosh!

48. *iz DED from teh qte*

Great hovertext! :)

*ded again*

49. Widdle sweeties!

50. Noelegy says:

I want to see a continuing series of photos showing them growing up together!

51. In one of the comments on the youtube video, it’s from a year ago, but the woman says that they’re both grown now so seems they both made it and are doing well. :D

52. AWW :D Is it possible to show us an updated photo of those two babies? :D

53. Emmberrann says:

How will I ever get on with things? I ask you, how will I ever get over all this proshness and do what I’m sposed to be doing, hmmmm? Such cute bebehs!

54. When I went t the original site, I found they had a video of our Maru getting brushed. Here it is on YouTube:

At 1:26 in the video, Maru rolls onto his back and for quite some time splays out, bell-up, to get his tummy rushed. It is a really sweet Maru video. You should go to YouTube and watch it—and CO should probably put it up on the front page!

55. tackl tackl i,ll so more cuter no me no me how buot wer both cute :)

56. Noelegy says:

Remember the time-lapse video of Dunder the German Shepherd pup? I really want to see something like that with these two. It may not exist, BUT I STILL WANT TO SEE IT!!! :D

57. Bookwolf says:

Just when I think the qte must be reaching it’s zenith, Overload bump it up again!
    Seriously hed sploding qte!

58. Kitten: “You have a heating blanket?! MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!”

59. JerilynS says:

Don’t they come together? Like when you adopt the kitty, since HE adopted the puppy already, it’s a twofer?

60. Trying with all my might not to bust out in spontaneous “SQUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!” . .

Too late.

61. Love Meow says:

Kimberly is a wonderful foster parent from California who has shared many stories with us on Love Meow. She is very kind to let us put the story together for the two furry buddies.

62. Love Meow says:

Hi Kimberly. Thank you for sharing your photos with us on Love Meow and letting us put the story together for the two buddies.

Kimberly is a very kind fosterer who has shared many of her photos and videos with us. We found Cheech and Casanova on her flickr site and just had to write a story for them. We only picked 5 out of many pictures she took. You can find more photos of the two buddies on Kimberly’s flickr site.

63. Diandra says:

I shall call him Squishy and he will be mine. He shall be my Squishy.

64. Empressgoth says:

Soooo Cute..Ouch my tooth hurts!

65. I want to upvote this 800 more times. I hope they spend the rest of their lives together.

66. any update on these babies?
    dru