Let’s play Dog or Otter!

It’s been a while since we’ve played Dog or Otter.

It’s up to you, dear reader, Canis lupus or Enhydra lutris!? Tell us!

This semi-aquatic Dachshund (or… is it!?) brought to you by Ellie B.

Comments

1. Martha in Washington says:

Can I just play WITH the Dog or Otter? Cause either way, He’s Fabulous!

2. Ahh it’s the Aquaticus Snouticus! Very rare. Often mimics a floating log. Known to snorfle up to unsuspecting frogs and bathing suit bottoms.

3. Here I come! *CANNONBALL!!*

4. Mary (the first) says:

Whatever it is, I want it!

5. Jumbo noons (DO NOT ASK ME WHAT THAT MEANS!)

6. kibblenibble says:

I love the little flip-spin maneuver, with just the snout sticking out. :-)

7. SQUEE!!!!

8. cholling says:

I’d say it’s six to wiener, half a dozen to the otter.

9. ashagato says:

i can almost hear him (her?) singing, “i’ve never felt so freeee!!!”

10. kibblenibble says:

Nice! :-)

11. Now I just want to see him floating on his back holding hands with another doxotter while sleeping. That would send me right over the edge!

12. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Hmmm…floppy ears, yet it swims like an otter. I don’t get it.

13. Great swimmer and he seems to really love it! So much cute.

14. Ali-baba says:

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! It’s Otter Pup! ;-)

15. I just want to go swimming so badly after watching this

16. Cyndi W says:

Hysterical!

17. This doggy’s mama got some ‘splainin’ to do to her hubby LOL!

18. You are the “wiener” of the thread. ;)

19. Emmberrann says:

I never seed a otter wag his tail (or his butt) like that! Must be a dotshund(?) or is that one of the Japanese cars as is used to be?

20. caitlin says:

I used to swim like that, back when I too was a squirmy lil pup. It just feels good!

21. 260Oakley says:

All rise for the singing of Dachsottergy.
    Then watch as the wiener turns water into whine when it’s time to get out and have a treat.

22. crazy wienerdog lady says:

OMG, mine would never swim like that. WANT!!!!!

23. Awwww, it’s AquaDog! So cute how he keeps rolling over, and looks so comfy in the water!

24. victoreia says:

Okay, I’ll bite….

25. Clearly he’s the captayn of the Doxie Dazzlers Synchronized Swim Team! All he needs is a flowered swim cap.

26. Blessssss! :) Such a cute Dachsotter!

I find it sad that dogs are banned on our beaches here in Lanzarote – after all, it´s the *hoomans* that are the bad and disgusting ones who pee into the ocean, litter the beaches, and don´t clean up the poo after their doggies (the latter is called “responsibility”!).

27. Yeah right. Going to the beach NOW! It´s 30C here so why not ey? ;)

28. Wish my pup liked water even 1/4 of that much. I can barely get her to go outside if it’s drizzling.

29. disgruntled_ewok says:

well duh….it’s an otterhound

30. Forgive me if I’m spoiling someone’s fun, but isn’t it just top-heavy, and rolling over because of that (rather than unbridled fun)?

31. puppy lumpkins says:

That’s just otterly adorable!

32. KittyLover says:

Err, sorry to correct, but canis lupus is a wolf. A dog would be canis familiaris, I believe. =)

33. I hope you are wrong, but that was my reaction, too. The rolls didn’t seem deliberate, and his snout was under water tto much, in a most uncomfortable way.

If you are right, then that poor baby was just trying not to drown.

let’s hope he really was just having fun and that he does this on purpose!

34. I went to YouTube to see what the person who posted it said about the dog and his swimming style– and I am afraid we are right about its being a problem for the dog, not what he WANTS to do. Here is the comment by the video poster-person:

“See the Dachshund named Seattle swim like an otter, turning 360 degrees in the water. Some may think he is an expert but he is nervous. And of course, with our obsession with political correctness, some have commented here that the doggus is being abused or have used offensive language. In reality, he is learning how to swim, and as you see in the end, he starts to swim normally.

In other words, he was rolling because he didn’t know how to swim properly, ot because he was having fun doing so!

35. aquasaline says:

It must be a product of the Japanese, no?

36. baby birdie says:

Enhydra lutris! Enhydra lutris!