Branded Cute Overload—LITERALLY!

We have a few products in our Cute Overload arsenal over the years, this fine blog, page-a-day calendars and wall calendars, but we’ve never actually branded an animal—until now!

Introducing the Calf Earring. Only the cutest of calves can proudly wear it.

All right, all right, I totally Photoshopped it. Guilty.

Thanks to Sender-Inner Megin M. and her cowhorts Alterra Coffee and Sassy Cow Creamery.

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

Photoshop me in there giving her a big smooch!

2. How can I get this earring for MYSELF?

3. Thanks a LOT for planting that earworm. (hovertext)

4. Sandy, can’t you see, that I’m a mis-er-yyy… Oh, why-y-y’d you have to go and do that? It’s going to be on repeat in my head for the rest of the night!

Love the cute curly eyelashes here!

5. ashagato says:

love her, love the earring, love the song.

6. Malinki says:

The rebellious, single earring… Monochromatic clothing…

Emo cow is emo.

7. dogsleder says:

When I was 5, my BFF was a calf. I have a picture of me in braids hugging the calf in a field of wildflowers.

What in the world is this tiny calf doing in a pen full of woodchips on a sidewalk? I think maybe I really don’t want to know.

8. Must… pet… calf!!

9. Martha in Washington says:

I wanna give that beeg peenk nosicle a smooch! *mwaa*

10. dogsleder, you definitely do NOT want to know what happens to calves in the dairy industry. That’s why I stick to almond milk.

11. *kees*

12. Agreed. Vegan here. And omgoodness, this little baby is the sweetest thing :)

13. dogsleder, she is a happy wisco calf from a great farm, she is just visiting city school kids in milwaukee… don’t worry the wood chips and parking lot are just temporary. she lives here: http://www.sassycowcreamery.com/Index.htm

14. 260Oakley says:

Oooh, all she needs now is a Cowtier watch and Moocci bag and her outfit will be complete.

15. I clicked on the link “Sassy Cow Creamery” and apparently they bring “Daisy” the calf out to some local cafes on Tuesdays for kids? people? to meet. There is a facebook page.

I didn’t read a lot but it sounds like some dairy farmers are opening up their facilities to the public so that those who are concerned about conditions for the cows can see that these particular dairies treat their cows better.

16. victoreia says:

*snicker*

17. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

“EmOO cow is EmOO”!!11!!! :)

18. Fird Birfle says:

“BOOP” !!!11!!!!1

19. bagoguts says:

This baby has one of the MOISTEST of nosicles! And she keeps in clean all by herself… [slurp]

20. warrior rabbit says:

Cowhorts. Ha ha ha! I often refer to people at work as my cow-orkers. ;)

21. Malinki says:

I stand corrected :D

22. KittyMarthaPoo says:

She is absolutely moo-tiful.

So SOFT looking. I just want to pet her & scratch behind her ears.

23. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Yes, vegan here, too. No “flesh of dead animals” for me. Hemp milk is my milk.

24. megin, even the “happiest” cows on the “greatest” farms have to undergo unimaginable suffering, of which I’ll spare all the details here. There is simply no humane way to make cow’s milk commerically viable for human consumption. Further info for those interested (not graphic): http://www.vegansoapbox.com/a-gift-for-mothers/

25. Yes, I git my earrings at Claire’s Mootique.

26. It’s the teeniest of black specks on her nosie that keel me.

27. maybe find a more appropriate place to spread your propaganda?

28. Let me guess… not vegetarian? :P
    (OK, neither am I, but still. Psyops != Cute Overload commentary.)

29. actually, yes I am. But that’s also not really appropriate to discuss here on cute overload. it’s not an AR or vegan or veg website. It’s a cute website. :)

30. Speaking of CO merchandise, will the t-shirts ever come back? Mine turned out to be too small, so I gave it to a (happy) child.

31. Actually, I personally frown on the propagandizing also, but I frown even more on anyone but the blog proprietors determining what’s appropriate to discuss on the blog.

32. Yes! *chanting* We want T-shirts! We want T-shirts!

33. I stand in awe; Oakley, you are a punster extraordinaire!!11!!!

34. Alas, too true.

35. Touche, Theresa. You’re right. My bad.

36. Fird Birfle says:

yay — somebody else noticed that word, there.
    I just noticed it myself today although I orig. saw this post about 24 hrs ago…

37. Fird Birfle says:

*JOINS CHANTING*
    *ATTICA!!!* *ATTICA!!!*

*pounds plastic spork on cafeteria tables*

38. you said it, sue!

well, we said it too, but you said it great!

39. I wouldn’t do that if I were you. it’s covered with hay. And in response to the hovertext: They won’t say anything! Tomorrow’s Memorial Day! No school!

40. WendyLady says:

Right on the big pink nose.