BREAK OUT!

Well what’s this new feeling coming out of the streets
Everybody’s talking ’bout it wherever they meet.
Down by the corner I keep getting the heat

Then my feet start moving to the rhythmic beat.
Breakdancing
break out – breakdancing

break out.
They used to do the locomotion
do the jerk and the twist

But there just ain’t never been nothing like this.
Now popping and locking is a new way of talking

Things will work out for sure spinning ’round on the floor.
Breakdancing
break out – breakdancing
break out.

Hearts are pumping
beat if thumping
love’s the way you’re looking tonight

Fever’s rising
no surprises
we won’t have the time to fight.

Breakdancing
break out – breakdancing
break out.

Breakdancing
break out – breakdancing
break out. . . .

Breakdancing lyrics by Irene Cara. Sunbeam Kitten Breaker by Rebecca B. Best Breakdance song hovertexts by p3t3 on Metafilter.

Comments

1. Word.

2. Great photos! But I can’t figure out what the dog in the third pic is actually doing. Is that Photoshopped?

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I had no idea breakdancing had reached the land of the soths. This is so good to know.

4. The grey kitteh, second from the bottom, appears more like she’s doing parkour rather than break dancing.

5. victoreia says:

These guys got rhythm!

6. mplsredd says:

All of the breakdancers are fab-o, but the Sloth at the end kills me!!! He’s got the raccoon eyeshadow evolving into a beard….lurv it!!!!!

7. Yeah, sloth breakdance – and I thought nothing could amuse me:)

8. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

This post is more amazing than breakdancing itself.

9. So this is back, right? I saw the Aflac duck doing it the other night.

10. PS: Pic. No. 1: Modesty tail FAIL!

11. He belongs in The Big Book of Nineteenth-Century Facial Hair Configurations.

12. Man, I needed these laughs today! What a sucky morning.

I don’t even have the words to express my delight over these dancing machines. I’m just still laughing. ;D That’s all.

13. Lewis n' Clark says:

aww, Theresa, it’s a kitteh – so you have to allow for the privacy-tail-in-training factor

14. skippymom says:

It is Classic Meg.

15. cubbybutt says:

whoa. incredibly awesome.

16. skippymom says:

The little bunnies on their backs make my heart hurt, they are so cute.

17. Take a look at b-boy Doggy Dog!

18. No Kangaroos doing Electric Boogaloo?

19. Panda in #2: Head Spin FAIL.
    Dog in #3: Breakin’ 2 – Electric Dogaloo
    Cat in #4: Invisible Pommel Horse
    Panda in #6: “I just let one rip! HA HA HA!!”
    Bunnies in #7: The Jonestown Tragedy
    Cat in #8: “HALP!!!”

That is all.

20. victoreia says:

Yeah, ‘cuz if you don’t train them to it, they won’t when they grow up. (Don’t ask how I know this……I’m so embarrassed…..)

21. The sloth is truly the cherry on the top of the adorable ice cream sundae!s

22. Never mind the naughty bits–I just want that stripey belleh IN THE WORST WAY.

23. They make me worry. Someone hold a mirror under their noses.

24. Good call. Definitely parkour.

25. brinnann says:

Is it just me, or does Slothy McSlowpants look like Oscar the Grouch, except with a smile?

Or was Oscar meant to be a hyper, angry sloth?

26. It keeps them from fighting over turf.

27. Kickin’ it old-skool? Fresh!

28. This was epic.

29. TrixandSam says:

This post is the perfect start to my 10-day time off from work. I plan to walk my pups a bazillion times a day, plant my vegetable and herb garden, plant flowers, clean and refill all of my bird feeders, prepare the sun porch for summer living, clean the grill, make some wicked-good dinners for family and friends… YEAY!!!! No work for ten days!
    *goes off to break dance in celebration*

30. Angela W says:

I don’t know who does the hovertext, but BRAVO on the song selections!

31. That sloth looks pretty pleased with his mad skilz.

32. I have to say, Freestylers “Don’t Stop” is one of my all time faves.

*prepares to hang out in the Mod Lounge*

33. Fird Birfle says:

In the Dictionary, under the term “Breakout”, there is also this charming item
    (release ca 1987-88):

34. Fird Birfle says:

PS: yup, I”m aware that ’tisn’t a breakDANCing tune.
    It’s fun for a Friday night tho’, methinks.

35. The bunnies! Sooo cute.

36. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa = funny.

37. (The Original) Mel says:

This is how you Wang Chung. Pay attention here! Pay close attention.

38. This is why I subscribed to this blog. No bad day can possibly be had when there’s this much cuteness in the world!

39. And the day turns to night, the night turns to day, whatever time it is, I wanna hear you say JAM ON IT!

Wikki wikki wikki wikki.

40. WANG CHUNG != BREAK BEAT :P

41. LOL yep and he is rocking that green fur thing too.

42. tineetabbeetummeetineetabbeetummeetineetabbeetummee

43. Jiffknee says:

hmmm…me thinks this could be an effective mantra for me. Thanks!

44. kodalai says:

*applause* :D

45. Alice Shortcake says:

Dammit, I was in the act of swallowing a mouthful of tea when I scrolled down to the happy breakdancing sloth.

*stomps off to get damp cloth*

46. bob drummond says:

ANIMALS break dancing ? Wow!!! Wish I could see a music video fo this stuff ,wouldn”t that be great ? I wish I could break dance ,but I ‘d wind wind up in the hospital or the Loonie Bin ? Hey- I’m 58 years old !

47. ashagato says:

i used to LOVE this song! thanks FB!

48. Yea, I was wondering the very same thing. If that’s not a shop, it’s one amazing shot. I guess it could be doing a quick u-turn of sorts, or something…

49. Moi, Actually says:

The turned up toesies on the rabbits in picture seven bring to mind that recent but already immortal screen line, “Who killed the rabbit, Valerie?” (say in deep Werewolf voice).

50. doylecat says:

That is so funny. I came to comment specifically on that pic too. I was going to say “HOW did they get that shot of the Airedale terrier????”

51. chanpon says:

Top kitty needs privacy tail, stat! Mr. Sloth looking pretty smug there.

52. danbenzvi says:

You mean purr-kour, don’tcha? :-)

53. How about ants’ dances? http://antfarm.yuku.com/topic/12085/;)

54. Empressgoth says:

All The Animals Toooo Cuttte! Especially the cats!