Possum Poll Sum

Everybody can settle down now. Your votes have been calculated. Thank you.

Our accounting team and gathered pompoussumus dignitaries do declare:
At first you were like sweeet! Then you were like woah. Then you were like sweeeeet!

Res-cute Possum!
One Board Member was quoted to say; “You want a rule, People? Possums Rule!”

I'm still at the CPS (Cute Possum Stage). Just give me a month until it's ankle-biting Central
Exhibits A, B and C brought to you by Mary C.OTLM and Nokie’s Gang.

1. Malinki says:

Cute by a landslide!

2. BEEP! BEEP!
    beep! beep! beepbeepbeepbeep!

3. tracylee says:

Morse code for head ‘splode?

4. We win! We win! /dancing around with fists in air like Rocky/

squeee! wook at dose widdle pink toes in pic 3!

5. I actually started counting out a tally of yays and nays. But it was soon pretty obvious that would not be necessary! Whew!

6. 260Oakley says:

Yeah, with those prehensile possom tails the possibilities for hanging chads are endless.

7. lol! Nooo, we wouldn’t want that hanging over our heads.

8. Big swingin’ possums. :P

9. TrixandSam says:

Err, are they ALL called Chad??

10. Some are Biff.

11. Pic #1, pita possums; pic #2, biscuit possums, fresh from the oven; pic #3, possum on the hoof, with extra ears. Too cute!

12. Possum Cafe!

13. Ali-baba says:

Well kiss ma grits! ;-)

14. Martha in Washington says:

Awww! I want a pita full of possums!

15. opossum says:

Finally! My namesake is deemed cute on here! Hooray for opossums!

16. Are some of those possums in the pita actually smiling? EXTRA cute!

17. I forgot that post–thanks for the walk down memory lane, Theresa!

I am glad to see that possums have been officially deemed cute. Thanks, peeps!

18. It’s one of my all-time favorites. :D

19. I love the possums in each of the 3 photos above but I think the carolers are kind of scary…seeing all those mouths open and all those teeth…and the ears are creepy – just MHO…

20. “I call the big one Bitey.” :D

21. OK, I reluctantly admit that the pictures above are cute.
    (But the ones in my yard at night are definitely NOT!)

22. But when you have possums, you probably do NOT have snakes.

Possums rule!!

23. I agree with BB/VA (not that I don’t find snakes cute too — ok, not exactly cute when they’re adults, but definitely beautiful, and I’ve even saved a couple of them from my cats).

Having said that…possums are adorable! I love them, I wish everybody did…

24. I like snakes as long as they don’t bite my dogs. That happened after a new neighbor shot all the possums.

25. Oh, this is so sad. People are so ignorant sometimes (or most of the time).

You know, nature has a way of dealing with things that is so perfect (not always cute or pleasant to the sight, but necessary and useful): when people alter the balance between preys and predators, sh*t will certainly happen. It’s the human factor that disturbs everything.

26. Stephanie says:

I’m with Beth, I can admit that the ones I’ve seen on here are cute, but the ones that live in my neck of the woods definitely are NOT cute…LOL Ok, well, the babies are cute…just not the adult ones that rummage through garbage and try to make their homes in garages or under back decks.

27. Yay, everybody agrees possums are cute! The librarian at my daughter’s elementary school was a wildlife rehabilitator and always had a mixed bag of creatures she was raising or nursing back to health, and Posey Possum was definitely the star of the show. We got to watch her grow from tiny to big enough to be released, and hold her and pet her and hug her and squeeze her. But we didn’t cal her George. :)

29. FancyNancy says:

The moist nosicles with their fushia pink blush…. the dark ringed beady eyes… the delicate little nomable earsies… The opossum is awesome…

30. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Too many widdle possi! I’m going to… SPLODE!

31. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Possum Power! Yay!

32. TrixandSam says:

I had to pos-sum minutes to fully appreciate all of the Qte!

33. Can CO do skunks next?

34. Yay!

35. As Theresa would say, and I quote, “STINKIN’ cute!”

36. Fo’ shnizzle!

37. LOL! That’s one bossy little ball of fur.

38. I love opossums!

My cat Adams (RIP big boy) rescued a baby opossum. He would go across the street to the neighbor’s run down place, carry the opossum over, set it on the table next to the frisky bowl. When she was done eating he’d carry her back.

As she got bigger, he would play escort and go get her. Then she had babies. So he escorted them all over, helped each onto the table when they were big enough, and then helped each back down.

He’s gone now, but Pretty Boy, Pepper, Sugarbaby, and Star all carry on his work of feeding the opossums. I sit in the living room and watch them lift each little opossum up, let it eat, and lift it down. Then walk them over.

39. Awesome story.

40. Malinki says:

And you have no video??? That would be the WMD of cute, heads would asplode everywhere.

41. Haven’t had a video camera! :D I have one now on my phone so I’ll try to get some vid soon.

42. Yes, please! I’d love to see that process. Does the mother join them, or does she forage on her own?

43. vid-e-o! vid-e-o!

44. 8O

45. Rachael says:

That might be the most adorabuhl thing I’ve ever heard. Pleeeeeeease get some video of that!

46. AAAAAaaaaa!!!!! they’re cute!! Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
    *runs amok with flailing arms*

47. Martha in Washington says:

becareful you don’t put someone’s eye out with those! :)

48. besides their super round snoots, the reason they’re cute is their fingerless gloves!

49. Baby possums are freaking adorable! A few months agao we were throughly entertained watching one newbie march around our yard. I kid you not, it did indeed resemble marching as it learned to walk. And we were sincerely heartbroken when it suddenly disappeared. I think feral cats or the raccoons got it because we saw them in our yard a lot during that time sniffing around. The circle of life is indeed brutal at times. It really brought sadness to the house.

Anyhow we taken the mother under our wing and all the extra cat food is left on a dish for her at night. Never did I think I’d ever give a fig about possums and yet here I am! And this little lady must read the clock cuz if I’m not out there around 11pm to “feed” her she does not hesistate to show her face. Trust me – it is not a little scary to see something small and dark hobbling around the yard at night even if you know what it is! In such moments I can’t never help thinking about “The Village” and those possum creatures. Haha! That movie scared the crap out of me.

Anyhow, consider me a true blue member of the Possum Posse.

50. Possums are awesome! Oh, that last one has someting on his nose. Beep!

51. yay!! we did it!

i’m singin “looks like we made it….” (barry manilow) in my head. ok actually i’m just singing that line ’cause it’s the only one i know :)

52. Cute! But those are Opossums, not possums.. possums in Australia look very different!

53. starling says:

Yes, why do y’all keep calling oppossums possums?

54. WendyPinNJ says:

Of course possums are cute. Why would you even think otherwise? ;-)

55. I once had a possum pita and fel’ awful later.

56. Baby possums are definitely cute!

57. Love all those little pink noses and toeses…very cute!

58. bob drummond says:

And I thought possums would never be considered cute. O’ BOY was I ever wrong.OY Vey!

59. You know when the possums are little they are cute BUT! when they get older they turn mean and ugly I know because I have a feeding station set up for the wild kitties in the woods behind my house and possums love dry cat food so they come out of the woods and fight off the kitties and then eat all the dry food and they do make a mess I wish they would stay little and not be so mean