Meanwhile, at Kyoto Municipal Field…

Welcome back, sports fans, to this tense game between the Tokyo Sumos and our own Kyoto Beagles. If you’ve just tuned in, you missed seeing the Beagles catcher completely flattened by a Sumo runner sliding into home. And so the Beagles have called a short time-out while a replacement catcher warms up in the bullpen…

Another quality foraged link by Ant.

1. NFL must hire this pooch. Now!

2. ‘Ya-ta’ indeed!

3. I just saw this last night and thought… I hope this makes it onto Cute overload, becuase I sat there going AWWWWW over and over again. LOL

4. Me too! I couldn’t help but “AWWW!”

5. Yay, beagles! They are the cutest things on four legs. I think this one is a better catcher than I.

6. Fird Birfle says:

Charles Schultz knew what he was doing, eh??

7. Okay what the heck does Yatta mean ?
    I am guessing good job ?

8. wuyizidi says:

It means “I did it!”

9. or “Hurray!”

10. The hovertext is a reference to this video:

11. Um… Thanks, Katie. That was disturbing. Strangely fascinating but definitely disturbing.

12. One Eyed Daruma says:

… and then we played some catch, you know, yatta yatta yatta….

13. marthava says:

14. ashagato says:

15. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Ya-ta! Ya-ta! Ya-ta! Whatever that means… Yay, doggeh!

16. Missing Plug-In. :( Say what!? I’ve got all my plug-ins. :P

17. Fird Birfle says:

Are any of ’em made of silicone, Th.??? ;)

18. I am ALL-NATURAL. :P

19. Fird Birfle says:

20. BTW, Leave it to the Japanese to come up with a baseball/sumo hybrid! It’ll be HUGE!!! :mrgreen:

21. wuyizidi says:

Tell me about it, one of their baseball teams is called Ham Fighters. Still trying to figure that one out.

22. I’ve heard of it too– the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters. It’s a bit disappointing, too– they’re not really the Ham Fighters. :( They are just the Fighters, and they play for Nippon Ham.

23. dogsleder says:

They need a big green egg as a mascot!

24. victoreia says:

Suddenly I have “Kung Fu Fighting” as an earworm……

25. victoreia says:

…which really clashes with the classical I’ve got playing on my iPod right now…..

26. I was at the opera 3X last week!

27. Those hams was fast as lightning . . .

28. “Yatta!” is like “Way to go!” There was a group of comedians in Japan several years ago that created a music group and their single was “Yatta!” There is also a second “Yatta!” version celebrating Alan Greenspan’s “irrational exuberance” aptly titled “Yatta! Irrational Exuberance”. This is the first time I’ve actually heard it used in regular conversation though and a beagle catching a ball is definitely worth some irrational exuberance! :-) Yatta! :-D

Original Yatta! Music Video

29. Martha in Washington says:

All I can come up with is …WTF!! :shock:

30. OMG! I’ll never get that out of my mind!

31. Martha in Washington says:

What a smart doggie!
    He plays catch AND understands Japanese!
    Yatta indeed!

32. I love his daddy’s voice when goggie catches–it’s the same in every language!

33. Ditto!!

34. vw-chan says:

I think the owner could be saying “yattane”, which is japanese for “you did it”. Atleast, I thought I heard a n at the end. Good praise, either way.

35. Digitoonie says:

I don’t know what’s cuter. The Japanese puppeh or the Doggy’s daddy saying “Yatta!!”

WHY MUST YOU CUTE [b][i]EVERYTHING[/b][/i] JAPAN?? :shock:

36. Once again…creamed by the Japanese in the cute dept. Can’t we win once??

37. skippymom says:

This is awesome. My cat Eddy is very good with his paws and can catch a thrown toy mouse in midair. After watching this, I have decided it is time to start him training with large balls.

38. give your cats some treats

39. Does he HAVE, erm, large balls?

40. dogsleder says:

Theresa, you’re HILARIOUS!! Our cat Zhaan can catch/bat wads of paper…very good eye/paw coordination. And we used to have a dog who could catch a little soccer ball in his mouth about 30% of the time. Shadow, we miss you!!

41. (The Original) Mel says:

Also Immature

42. skippymom says:

He, erm, used to….

43. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: *snerk*

44. He needs a wee little Buster Posey uniform.

(And I keep picturing puppeh’s off-cam daddy as Hiro from Heroes. YaTAAAAAAAAAAA!)

45. Aaaaaaaaaaaah, Buster Posey!

Speaking of stinkin’ cute!

46. PS Why do we call people “Buster”? Just what is it that we expect them to bust?

Still Immature

47. Well, it beats his real name, “Gerald.”

I like to think maybe he had an old fashioned grandpa who would grab him by the ear for a talkin’-to starting with “Hey, buster…” and it stuck.

48. That is going to get out, and get into a stadium chant somewhere. GER-ALD! GER-ALD!

Lizzy, there was a poll among Mets fans on who was their favorite non-Mets pitcher to watch, and Timmy Lincecum won by a landslide. Actually, he might win over the Mets pitchers these days.

49. Oh what did I do? I just chanted Gerald. Phooey. (Sits down on floor, starts playing jacks).

50. Sharon Wilson says:

Hah! I wouldn’t have believed this was real if I hadn’t once seen a dog catch a thrown newspaper with his front paws!

51. Mischief Girl says:

Very cute dog, but am I over-thinking it to wonder why the dog’s tail isn’t wagging? My labrador’s tail would be going a mile a minute if he was having fun. This beagle is super cute, but is he having a good time?

52. sooo cute!!

53. Kawai!!!

54. mintyheart says:

I am confused by the title “super beagle pudding”… ?__?

55. name of the doggy is Purin which means Pudding!

56. And you know how we are such fans of pudding @ CO!

58. Damn, the embedding didn’t work… >.<

59. One more try. It’s a crazy Japanese commercial(?) about flan. I enjoy this video…the jiggling flan is hypnotic, lol.

60. burvegas says:

That video is both hilarious and hypnotic! Thanks!

61. InAwwwe says:

I just sat here for like 10 minutes going awww… every time the pup caught the ball and then giggling like an idiot every time the pup held it in the air. Thanks CO for once again making me look ridiculous in front of my computer while people walk by :)

62. I like how his person sounded a little concerned when the pup took one on the nose.

That was very sweet.

63. Most EXCELLENT!!!

64. (stares with stupid open-mouthed grin)

65. THIS is why I come to Cute Overload! Perfection.