My, my, what have we here

Somebody brought cupcakes to the CO office kitchen today! [sing song]

There’s one left! Who wants it?!

Raisin is a cupcake that can lick her own frosting. Baked by Mark M.

1. (The Original) Mel says:

Hm. It’s to anerable to eat. I think I will just save it.

2. There goes my diet.

3. With a name like Raisin, I think this must be considered a member of the fruit food group and therefore healthful. Simply adorable!

4. Looks like he’s been having a few cupcakes himself!

5. baby birdie says:

Notice the extra cup thingies. Either this ham is too heavy for just one or there are three more squished hamsters in there. :P

7. (The Original) Mel says:

I miss my EZ-Bake oven. :)

8. CatViccer says:

Raisin looks vaguely like everything that came out of my Ez-Bake oven – just much more nommable!

9. I think I still have mine in my parents basement :) Bake-off anyone?????

10. Ham! My favorite cupcake flavor. :)

11. oooh! oooh!!! me! me!! *jumping up and down with hand in the air*

12. Raisin? Raisins are what you are going to find in those paper cupcake cups. :P

13. Furthermore, raisins are NOT on the authorized ingredient list for cupcakes. Refer to COR 209.8-1. Stated and dated. :P

14. But you have to admit, Raisin IS an appropriate name for a hammie! ;)

15. In the same manner as the pug next door to us, growing up, was named “Puddles”.

16. Preeee-cisely!

17. Raisins are not on the authorized ingredient list for ANYTHING. At least, not in my ideal world. Bleh.

18. tracylee says:

agreed wholeheartedly – bleh to the nth! ick!

19. 260Oakley says:

Oh come on, hatin’ on raisins is just sour grapes.

20. Hammie looks all coy, like .. ‘I already ates them’.

21. michelle b adams says:

i call side-eye! hammycakes is definitely giving the side-eye, see closeup for further evidence!

22. CatViccer says:

I love side-eye! I call it “white-eye”.. usually where puppieres or kittehs must investigate but refuse to move their head to let you know they are peeking thus, white-eye.

23. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

24. I WANT.

25. I call that cupcake!

26. Martha in Washington says:

Can I have the one in the pinkgreenblueyellow cup?

27. Ali-baba says:

Oi! (sez Raisin) So when do the cups start spinning? An furthermore, who took my mouse ears hat?! And why are you looking at me and licking your lips & what’s up with the glass of meelks?!? Haaaaaalp! ;-)

28. that tall girl says:

I loooooooove the name raisen for a hammie!!! My fave fruit. Raisens make EVERYTHING yummier!

29. that tall girl says:

doh! Raisin. I can’t spellllll. CPA’s don’t need to spell right?!?!

30. I have a SUPER DUPER ADORABLE baby dessert tortoise named Raisin.And a hairless chihuahua named Strawberry.And a cat named Pumpkin pie.And Pumpkin pie is a Selkirk Rex cat, they have kinda Persian cat faces and curly hair.Oh and Pumpkin has BIG blue eyes.And Raisin has wittle beedy eyes, and Strawberry’s are greenish brownish-y…My pets are cute.I’ll send a pic of all of ’em to CO soon…

31. Fird Birfle says:

They all sound KOOKY, DELIGHTFULLY cute, Echo!!

32. Raisin looks guilty enough to have eaten all the cupcakes herself!

33. Her stage name is Dolly Madison.

34. TrixandSam says:

35. Martha in Washington says:

Or Little Debbie?

36. Leilani says:

Personally, I LOVE those little pink fingers . . . er . . . toesies.

37. MommaMackie says:

Such a suspicious look in her beady little eyes! I do believe that she thinks that something is up and it will NOT be to her benefit!

However, on the subject of the acceptability of raisins in cupcakes…whilst raisins are not acceptable in actual cupcakes, they can be delightful in muffins, i.e. oatmeal cinnamon raisin muffins, providing that they are pre-soaked before adding to the batter, which goes a long way towards restoring their previous juicy texture as a fresh grape. I think I’ve seen a hammy named Muffin, but Raisin’s coloring does an excellent imitation of the afore mentioned oatmeal muffins. Anybody want the recipe?

38. tracylee says:

oh, and what happened to all the icing, hmmm…?
    did somebody lick it off already?
    *tsk tsk*

39. 260Oakley says:

Somebody ganached it off! That’s why her eyes are glazed over.

40. Incorrigible punster! Do not incorrige!

As to the hammie – check out the muzzlepouch to nosicle ratio! Is it not the epitome of cuteness?

41. flutter-by says:

I see muffin top !!

42. flutter-by says:

Aaaaaa.. stuck in mod lounge ! I guess muffin top is a no-no, huh??

43. Fird Birfle says:

*I’ll bet Sharpy is somewhere around….empty cupcake papers, hmmm????*

44. OOOOOOOh I want the last one!!!!!!1111!!!!!!–But I’ll keep it as a pet, not eat eet ’cause its way too cute.

45. No sprinkles?

46. Ali-baba says:

Those can be found under Raisin ;-)

47. The only thing that could possible surpass this in cuteness would be if it were a corm muffingk instead of a cuppercakes!

48. Possibly.

49. MommaMackie says:

Considering it, you know, sweet corm muffins with pre-soaked raisins sounds rather tasty!

50. This ham looks rather pensive. I wonder what he’s pondering…

51. Ekajati says:

He looks very guilty to me…. ;-)