Going My Way?

If you’re headed to the shoreline, I could use a lift, bro. Really appreciate this, dude — I owe you a fish.

Posted to our Twitter feed by Bill D.

Comments

1. OMGWTFBBQUTTERBOGGLAGE!

2. This is utterly adorable! ^_^

3. *eyetwitch*

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(PS: No interspecies snorgling tag? :P)

4. 260Oakley says:

Turtle should know better than to pick up hitchpikers.

5. 260Oakley says:

He might slip him a Micky Fin.

6. dogsleder says:

Hey, Stinky Seal! Get off my back, why don’tcha!

7. “He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother”.

8. Onward mighty steed!

9. From another mother ;)

10. With a mighty Hi! Ho! Silver the Lone Seal rides away.

11. Queen of Dork says:

I’ve always thought that torteses (sp?!)/ turtles can REALLY compete with buns in the disapproving look category. Turtles always look totally crankified and annoyed to me. :) They are so cool! My sister and I had a couple of box turtles (Yertle and Timothy) when we were really little kids and they always had that expression on their faces. I always felt like I was failing them in some way because they always looked like there was a bad smell in the room or something.

12. I wonder how we smell to turtles! 8O

13. I mean really, you made me thought about this. You know how sometimes when you go to the zoo, it doesn’t smell so nice? Well, what if we don’t smell so nice to them? What if every morning, they see the doors open, and they’re like “OMG, here come those dorky, terrible-smelling peeps”?

14. Might that possibly be a Ridley sea turtle??

15. Queen of Dork says:

For sure! I’m sure they’re like, “Well. How rude. Not only do these things stare at us all day but they stink.” (We’ve just got out of the shower and think we smell all great). But they’re probably like, “Good Lord! *holding noses with paws and flippers* They smell like…like…wet humans!”

16. Where is this magical place where seal lions ride tortoises??? I must go there!

17. Woops, I meant “sea lions” but now I can’t stop picturing what a “seal lion” might look like…

18. earlybird1 says:

HEY, remember that big turtle in The Princess Bride?? Now THAT was a disapproving turtle. XD

19. Are you sure you don’t mean the big turtle in The Never Ending Story? He was the epitome of disapproving!

20. martha in mobile says:

There are several wild box turtles who have learned to come to our back door from May to October to be fed fruit and dog food. They always look disappointed that we have taken so long to notice that they are there and ready for a meal. They never leave a tip, either.

21. What’s all this about testudinae being grumpy and judgemental? This one totally has the…

(…wait for it…!)

SEAL OF APPROVAL!

(ba-boom, ching!)

22. MamaMclain says:

“Hey bro, no hurling on the shell; just waxed it.”

23. (The Original) Mel says:

Why am I hearing the theme song to Bonanza?

24. bob drummond says:

Somebody should contact the turtle police and get this oversize freeloader off the back of this poor overworked chelonian. She didn’t come ashore to be a
    taxi to some lazy sea lion .

25. Weemaryanne says:

I’m hearing that poor turtle talking in an Eeyore voice:

“Well look at this. I get to be humiliated. In public. By a blorpball that’s maybe all of two weeks old. And the tourists love it. Of course. They would.”

26. Queen of Dork says:

Hey peeps! Have you guys seen this thing yet? Did I already post this? This is sooooo hilarious!

27. LOL! Thanks for that Queen!!

28. Is it just me, or does the seal want more than a ride to the water?

just me, I suppose

29. I’ve been forcing all my friends and college students to watch this. Klaatu42 is a genius.

30. What a meanie!

31. victoreia says:

:lol:

32. victoreia says:

Gotta love the hovertext! (As usual….)

33. Queen of Dork says:

Hahahaha! That just keels me! “The maple kind?” Hahahahahaha!

34. Yes! Love it! And the original video is just as hilarious.

The dog’s name is Clark Griswold, and he has a Facebook page and everything!

35. That´s hilarious. I can hear myself joining the high pitched female giggling.

36. I agree! Turtles and tortoises always have that grumpy grandpa look! It’s completely adorable!!

I luff sea turtles, especially.

37. No, it seems that way to me as well but people just call me a fruitcake when I point things like that out, so I keep my mouth shut.

38. Fis-kissen says:

Lucky for the turtle it wasn’t a grown-up sea lion! :)

39. It’s a green sea turtle! Possibly the worst named sea turtle of all, seeing as it’s barely green.

40. I bet the baby was really curious as to what it was… “Is.. that a rock with flippers?! *pounces*”

41. Rachael says:

I watch that at least 3 or 4 times a day and I’ve forced every living creature I know to watch it too. In my office, we walk around saying, “The maple kind?” in that still hopeful, innocent little voice. Funniest thing EVER!!!

Oh, and the sea lion on the tortoise is fab. u. lous. I love how the SL initially approaches the T’s face to ask if he can hitch a ride. LOLOLOL!

42. meaella says:
  43. Fird Birfle says:

The Crowd Goes Wild.

(“waaaaaaaaaaugh” crowd noises in background)

44. Fird Birfle says:

Where’s the film clip with Bing Crosby in a religious collar???

45. They should be a chelonian riding category

46. Queen of Dork says:

I know! Yertle and Timothy had SUCH a great home with a gigantic back yard to wander about in. My sister and I spoiled them rotten. But STILL they looked so grumpy and pissed off all the time. It was like, “Gosh! Sorry! (for what I don’t know but, SORRY just the same). I really miss them.

47. That turtle-o is like (in grumpy old man voice), ‘GET OFFA MY SHEYULL’. (yeah, he sounds like my Papaw: Southern + Grumpeh – xoxo)

48. Leilani says:

He’s my brother . . . and he weighs a freakin ton!

49. Fird Birfle says:

– “erm” — ???

50. Liz Olivier says:

Why is the video removed?!

51. PrairieGirl says:

No, I’m picking up what you’re putting down there.

My first thought was “Oh, he’s getting a ride, alright.”

52. It looks like the seal is helping the turtle along. Thinks it’s having trouble because it’s slow. Seal is: Pushing it down hill. Pulling one flipper. Nudging another flipper.