Reginald Locates the Orb of Madness

As I entered the Chamber of Ra-Thuul, the voices grew louder, more urgent. My head swam in the anguished cries of the souls of those who had come before me, hissing their warning: Turn back, doomed one. But it was too late; the orb drew me closer, probing my mind with a thousand tendrils of thought. There was no escape now. I would know its every secret, even at the cost of my own sanity…

1. very funny and creative

2. “It’s a hideous round thing!” (major points if you can name the source of this one!)

3. Fraggle Rock :)

4. Huh???Whats Fraggle rock got to do with it????Pliz tell me!

5. In one episode (forget which one) Sprocket accidentally knocked his ball into the fraggle hole, startling/scaring the fraggles. When Boober saw it, he proclaimed it to be “A hideous round thing!” Watching this kitty bounce around the tennis ball made me think of that line. :)

6. callmecrash says:

(If I remember correctly) “Hideous round thing” came from the first episode of the series and the “thing” was Sprocket’s red rubber ball that bounced into the Fraggle hole after Gobo left to get Uncle Nick’s postcard.

Yes, I’m a geek.

7. Hey, don’t be making fun of me. :(

8. Huh? Wha-? O_O I was talking about the ebil tennis-ball-o’-doom there!

9. Wait, this is a different thread. Disregard. Move along, nothing to see here. *blush*

10. No, when you said “hideous round thing,” I just assumed you were talking about me. :mrgreen:

11. wannadance says:

TS, snork, gasp, wahahahah…after this vid, everything makes me laff…

you are not a ‘thing’. i am sure you are sentient…

12. jlamusings says:

um… Down at Kitten Rock? (clap clap). :-) Did the scary round thing come from Outer Space?

13. As a matter of fact, it did! ;)

14. Madame X says:

The music makes the video, but it is NTMTOM’s narration that elevates it to a sublime art form.

15. Fird Birfle says:

“…..a thousand tendrils of thought…” = YAYness.

Also please note the “Where’s Bee/ Bea??” factor, aka “boingy,
    boingy, boingy, POUNCE !!!”

16. marthava says:

I LOVED Bea!!! Thanks, Fird!

17. NTMTOM…have you perhaps been indulging in a little too much H.P. Lovecraft for your own sanity? And has kitteh been rolling around in spiked catnip? Either way, it’s all hilarious and the music an added joy.

18. Lovecraft is the first thing I tough of to :-)

19. paulajeanne says:

great job! and the music works well!

20. Mary (the first) says:

That music is probably what scared the kitteh!

21. LAINEY O says:

Protecting his territoreh from the evil spherical invader. HAHAHAHA!! Face hurts from the laughter!

22. us too – can’t stop laughing. face hurt!

23. Shannon says:

YES! I got this in an email last nite and I KNEW it belonged here.

I think he was very brave!! (He can’t be too concerned, check out the ear scratch)

24. victoreia says:

I was thinking that was the feline equivalent of nonchalance before the attack.

25. Was this music made specifically for this video? I have to assume so because it goes perfectly. I love this about kittens…they go thru the running-sideways-at-everything in an attempt to look intimidating but they just look so funny. hehe

26. Kitty Haka!

27. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

At the end of the video, there’s a music credit for “Alien (OST),” so I assume the music is from the original soundtrack to “Alien,” written by Jerry Goldsmith.

28. Not exactly. Here’s a link to the another video that the youtube user ignoramusky also did. He shows how he edits the music to fit with the action.

29. sara-bell says:

The many scamperings made me laugh. The music was the cherry on top.

30. WendyPinNJ says:

Kittens are a hoot, aren’t they? I have 5 foster kittens in my house right now, about that size. Today, one of them spent 15 minutes being completely freaked out by a length of curling ribbon some of the others were playing with. Hissing at it and everything. Completely jumped out of her own skin when I touched her.

Then, by the end of the day, they were best friends and she had it wrapped around her body from rolling with it and playing!

31. :lol: I agree with you, WendyPinNJ :lol: Just like that kitty in the video :lol:

32. AMAZING use of music. Plus, sproinging!

33. wicked cute ntmtom! u outdoo yerself w that 1!

hissing their warning….hahahahahhahaha!

34. 260Oakley says:

Rites of Sproing

35. victoreia says:

36. dogsleder says:

Oakley, I LOVE you! I love your drollness.

One day when you didn’t post here, and after about 35 comments filled with puns, I posted it was surprising no one had used the word “cat-atonic.” So then someone said that was only because you were out of town.

BTW…this kitten is re-enacting exactly how my day went yesterday.

37. Nice play on a ballet! (oops. I just rhymed)

38. KittehMamax3 says:

OMG!! I couldn’t stop laughing. Use of suspense music was awesome. Looks like the kitteh got a dose of lambkins in its DNA.

39. Now we know why they called this season Spring”

40. (The Original) Mel says:

Deadly battle, but taking a quick moment for an ear scratch.

41. hee hee, yes!

42. scarletgunn says:

I’ve never ever felt the need to post here before, though I’ve checked in on this site daily for practically forever… this video is the single most awesome thing i have ever seen. i can’t stop laughing- it’s just that good. this video could end war and famine and bring peace to nations, i swear.

43. Rachael says:

Now please don’t let this be your last post. :)

44. wannadance says:

ita. really glad to welcome you to our gang of what were once mentally organized, educated, humorous humans, far as i know.

we are now just plain nuts. and weepy and laughy and sneezy and so forth.

we melt from sadness and from joy.

we generally believe we hold the secret to world peace and that it’s free right hyar, yes, ah say, raht hyar..i at least use my native colloquilisms (texas).

some of the funniest and most touching things i have EVER seen or read have been here. things that really sorta changed my life. this bunch today is one of the best. but you should have been here for the fuzzy bagel one. hope you were.

yall come back now, ya hear?

45. Susan H. says:

I love how, in the midst of this obviously very dangerous and terrifying mission, he has to stop and scratch his ear.

46. Well of course. He noticed he was being filmed and had to show that he was cool and in control. (And failed badly at doing so.)

47. Quick! Somebody get that kitteh a racket to battle the eeeevil tennis ball! Er, synthetic strings, natch…

48. I’m not sure whether NTMTOM is referencing H.P. Lovecraft or Ghostbusters. :mrgreen:

49. My immediate thought was Lovecraft.

50. Or possibly Heavy Metal!

51. I’m sure that young kitteh vanquished the hideuos tennisball from he77.
    Well done, Sir Kitteh.

52. “There heeeereeee!”

53. Dramatic music. Pause (paws) for ear skritchies. Dramatic music resumes. :D

54. wannadance says:

i know. this just floors me. such a total cat thing to do feign total disinterest to terrify the tennis ball. must have worked. the ball just sat there, paralyzed with fear while the kitten protector scampers off

my fave part…

55. I just want to pick him up and cuddle him! Love the musical editing. Nicely done.

56. LyndaLu says:

So cute, so funny. Music perfect.
    If I had to live with that flooring everyday I think I’d be a little on edge myself.\
    But, of course, kittens are dramatic no matter.

57. Wow ! It’s been a while since I’ve seen a real honest to goodness all out spaz attack like that !

58. MamaLana says:

Stravinskiy vs Roomba………

59. I think the floor itself was pretty scary, and teh kitteh was looking at the ball as a way out!

60. wannadance says:

i like the flooring. filmed in greece. the design is pleasing to my heart. or is that my stomach. anyway, it looks art deco, my fave. i’d move in in a heartbeat if they’d have me. i need assisted living situation in texas. post if you know of something. i would accept a lean-to situated behind a texmex restaurant/joint. plan to eat it for several months when i get home…streaking slowly towards the sea…

61. How they found the music to perfectly match the action.. unless the videographer did a lot of music editing to make it perfect.. I laughed and laughed at this more than I have in a very long time. : )

62. uhhhhhh-gree

no way did he just find music that fit that with only two cuts of the fillum. no way. nu-huh.

63. This is how he did it using a different video as an example.

64. Mom's Favorite says:

Not that Mike, you’ll be getting the Oscar for best original screenplay for this, I’m sure.

65. Martha in Washington says:

Mike (and this kitten), you now own my soul!

66. wannadance says:

mike owns my heart and i his.

67. OMG my stomach hurts from laughing. Can’t…..stop…..playing….

Did anyone noticee that the floor is very David Lynch?

68. reese120 says:

me too linda..

69. victoreia says:

Okay, this goes on my prescription list for high-stress days!

70. reese120 says:

71. That is the long forgotten kitten mating dance!

72. Let’s split up so we can cover more territory…

73. This is pure genius! >^.^<

74. ladyneeva says:

I love the comments on YouTube for this clip claiming the kitten was poisoned or drugged. Obviously people who’ve never owned a kitten. Or really, an adult cat either. At least the kitten is freaking out over an actual object, I’ve got a 3-4 year old right now who does that same routine (complete with puffed up tail and bouncing) every couple days, and she’s freaking out over things that only she can see!

75. We used to call this, and the staring at things not there, “Going Psycho Cat”.

76. They are either responding to messages from their benevolent alien overlords, or chasing away the invisible hostile aliens that sometimes collect in their hoomins’ houses. Those entities are known as “Greeblings.”

77. victoreia says:

I wonder if greeblings are anything like nargles……

78. I’m pretty sure they are more closely related to “noseeums”.

79. We always have called them “noseeums” in our house. I think he can be extra brave cause Mommy is close by at the left of the screen. And I love how even the bravest “scaredy cat” must take the time out for an itch and immediately go right back to full tilt bozo crazy.

80. wannadance says:

it’s a classic kitten fit. what’s wrong with these paranoits? and besides they’ve obviously never tried to give a kitten medicine. hooo boy…

81. victoreia says:

Not an exercise for the faint of heart, that procedure. 8-O Talk about needing armor!

82. Best musical score ever! Bravo!!!!!

83. Empressgoth says:

Okay..(laughing) and (Smiling hard) somebody really needs to quit!! Stop it Stop it now!!

84. That was some dastardly brilliant music. Brilliant.

85. “A cat is, above all else, a dramatist.”
    – Margaret Benson

86. This is the funniest ever, they completely wig out!

87. chanpon says:

Crabwalk + pounce = kitten win!

88. Maybe he saw a Kitten of Ulthar in the hazy depths of the orb?

89. now that’s what I call Stelhliness in motion, he is on my team!!

90. Ruffian9 says:

Love the musical score. God I need a kitten in my life

91. Andi from NC says:

I can’t believe no one has mentioned sleeping grandpa on the couch in the back….

92. victoreia says:

There was something there besides the kitten action? [blank look]

93. Carolyn says:

Absolutely hilarious!!! The music makes it even more fantastic!