I WILL GET THERE (Eventually)

If at first you don’t succeed, try. try. try. try. try. try again, Gojee S.

Comments

1. Noooooooo!!! Why the video have to end there? I really wanted to know if he ever made it on top of the bed.

2. MoonCatty says:

Ehn… ehn… EHN!!!

Would it kill you guys to get me one of those doggie stair thingies?

Back at it…

3. Baby sez: I haven’t heard that much heavy breathing since the night I was conceived!

oh, and cute doggie! Give it a paw up won’tcha?

4. I get the live version of this about three times a night–minus the brand new baby.

And to forestall any nuffers, the half-jumping on the bed is part of the game. When I pick up my dog, she waits a few minutes than jumps off the bed and starts over. If I make her get up on her own power, she stays on the bed.

She also couldn’t figure out the doggy-stairs. I don’t have a smart dog…

5. This is why my father tripped and jammed his toes against a footstool every night for four years. But refused to move the footstool, ga’bless ‘im.

6. Mary (the first) says:

Yeah, I have a little footstool at the end of my bed for the (elderly) kitteh. Anything will do. An old cardboard box, for heaven’s sake! Is that too much to ask??

7. Keersten says:

Must! -hop- Lick! -hop- Baby’s! -hop- Face!

8. JenDeyan says:

Cliffhanger ending! I wanna know if he makes it!

9. (The Original) Mel says:

That pretty much makes my week.

10. dogsleder says:

Puppeh wanting to smell the behbeh’s head = excellent exercise or heart attack

11. Um, hellllewwwww!! Can someone please pick up the wee puppeh??? Please??

12. Cute puppeh!

13. I like how the baby is clearly labeled “Baby” so there’s no confusion. :mrgreen:

14. Yikes, that is one red baby. Looks like he’s about to pop.

15. The real question is which is cuter?

16. Flavia says:

My favorite kind of video… dogs and babies :D

17. The dog. Hands down, no contest.

18. Awww, puppeh wants to see the behbeh. Poor thing, so eager but just a little too short.

19. The baby, for telepathically taunting the doggie with the most hilarious satire ever.

20. Another entry for “cute or sad.” Jeez, I think you guys are starting to slip …

21. “Billy wanting to see Isabel”…. Aww.

22. ashagato says:

thanks corianne for the sane explanation, so funny!
    wish people would read before they post….

23. MsMolly says:

Wait! You mean it’s *not* a Snausage? Let me double check…

24. Rachael says:

Aww, poor Billy. He just wants to meet his baby sister!

25. Exactly what I thought! The dog was obviously concerned. :)

26. i have a footstool for my rabbit! He doesn’t make valiant leaps, though. When the stool isn’t there, he just sits at the foot of the bed and disapproves at me till I scoop him up and snorgle him.

27. 260Oakley says:

No, as Theresa points out, it is clearly labeled “baby”, so as to avoid this sort of confoodsion.

28. Fird Birfle says:

Must be a DAD thing … ;)

29. Fird Birfle says:

You, ma’am, have been Well Trained. :)

30. Michelle says:

I wish my bunny would let me scoop him up. He loves the snorgles but not being held.

31. must be a poodle thing, the mindless repetitive jumping — we used to have a poodle mix who jumped up the back door (past human eye height) when he wanted to come in, and he would do it for ages without pausing for breath…

32. crazy wienerdog lady says:

Bouncy dog is BOUNCY!

33. I think I can.. I think I can… I think I can….

34. I think I can… I think I can… I think I can…

“The Little Engine That Could”

35. Oops sorry for the double comment It didn’t show up when i posted it for several minutes

36. Double cute!!

37. for godssake would someone please give that pup a legup!!!???? awww

38. arachnophile says:

LOL, my dog would give it a couple of tries and then sit down and use her “Command Yelp” to let me know it’s time to help her. But then, she’s a terrier. ;)

“Getcher-butt over here and help me pink-skin! My command bark will increase in pitch all the way to BRAIN MELT until you help me!”

39. Martha in Washington says:

Persistent pup is persistent.

40. What a good pup not barking to be lifted up !!! He/she knows barking will probably scare the baby !!! We don’t care what daddy says do we puppy here I’ll lift you up on the bed for a snorgle & kisses & a nap with your baby !!! Mean old daddy saying pups don’t sleep on the bed ! we don’t care WHAT he says…………………..
    er sorry wrong puppy , wrong house (slinks away with a red face)
    Yes the pup & I DID win that one ! ;oD

41. You’ll get there eventually, puppeh.

Of course, the kid will be off to college by then, but still…

42. Chris in Hesperus says:

I think the real question is – why is that baby so RED?

43. Watching that dog makes me tired…where does all that energy come from?!

44. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

You’ll get there eventually! (10 years later….) “Yay, I finally made it.”

45. for the love of dog – pleeeeez give the puppeh a hand! His jumps get slower and slower and then he stops – and so does the vid. I wonder if he ever did make it??!!

46. Someone give the poor guy a leg up!

47. I just like how his tongue gets longer and longer

48. Eh, it’s the way of new babies. You’d be all red an squished-looking too if you’d just been squeezed into the world.

49. I think it’s common for new babies to go thru different color phases rapidly. Not sure how long that lasts, tho.

50. Snowpea says:

now that’s one heck of an aerobic workout!

51. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

CO language pretty much applies here: Ehn. Ehn. Ehn. Ehn.

52. It could be some sort of rash . . . the baby’s hands are mitted . . . maybe so she can’t scratch any itches. Just one of the things babies go through sometimes. Their skin is new to the world!

53. Zhimbo says:

I started looking for signs that this was looped video, but no…

That is some persistance.

54. baileysgrandmom says:

Good grief, Gertie! If I did that much jumping, I would pretty much have a stroke! Won’t SOMEbody pleeze he’p the leetle pupperoni!

55. Ekajati says:

Me tooooooooooooooo! How saaaaad, why couldn’t someone lift up the poor fella!!!!

56. Good parents for NOT letting a dog onto a bed with a newborn. Plenty of time later to get those poop-eater facelicks.

57. Fird Birfle says:

*delighted giggle*

*golf clapping*

58. Fird Birfle says:

A+ is A+

59. Fird Birfle says:

Simplified the storyline for ME !!!!!1111!!!!

60. Yes! I was wondering when someone would say that.

61. Seriouslyyyyy!!! That was a terrible ending!!! The poor little guy never made it! :-( Somebody help him, pleeeeeeeeease!!!

62. MamaLana says:

You are a good person!

63. Sometimes they get red in the face from the exertion of pooping.

64. janet2buns says:

Annie, you are a good bunny indentured servant. When the Bunpocalypse comes, you can hope for mercy from the bunneh overlords.

65. Akkhima says:

Because they were too busy holding the video camera!

66. kathyb says:

crack me up! pups panting sounds like a train choo-chooing.

67. chanpon says:

P..e..e..k..a..b..o..o..I..s..e..e..y..o..u…

68. piapest says:

My friend calls this “dogged persistence”.

69. DillPig says:

Hee!

70. the dog is not trying to jump on the bed… the video’s description (in portuguese) says the dog knows he’s not allowed on the bed so he keeps jumping to have a look at the baby! he’s just curious about the new baby… he kept doing it for the first fews days when the baby was brought home!

71. I am frustrated for puppeh

(and out of breath too)

72. Marina says:

Google translate:
    “This is my dog billy crazy to see the news that arrived at the house, his little sister Isabelle who was born on March 15. How does he know that can not climb into bed he was jumping around in order to look at it for at least a fraction of a second. The video and short, but in the early days of isabelle he did it almost all day …”
    I don’t think he ever made it!

73. Claire says:

if you read down in the comments- the dog isn’t allowed on the bed, that’s part of the game.

74. I concur…cutie puppie!

75. mamabear says:

Aww, that’s a brand new bebeh! He’s still red and puffy. Go back and just listen to the video. It’s got a great beat!

Chh-chh…Hhhuh…chh-chh…hhhuh…chh-chh…hhhuh…hhhuh…ehhhnh…chh-chh—hhhuh…chh-chh…hhhuh…ehhhnh…

It’d make for a great dance groove!

That or the background for the next ‘Halloween’ movie with Michael Myers!
    Ch..ch..ch..ch..hhah..hhah..hhah..hhah..

76. Sharon Wilson says:

Oh, dogs love babies! When my son was five months old we put his carrier on the lawn and a big husky dog came right up and licked him on the mouth; he smiled. He’s loved dogs ever since.

77. Good one ffleur!

78. I thought the same thing!!!!
    Did you notice that his breathing even sounds a bit like a chugga-chugga train noise!

79. I swear there´s a trampoline at the bottom of that cute doggie!

80. SheepishKitty says:

maybe the sound of the dog breathing will rock the baby to sleep.

81. Now that’s determination!!!

82. When I adopted my kitty, I assumed his old age would mean he’d need a stool or something to make the jump to bed. But he won’t use one, even if it takes him a dozen tries to get up. I don’t know why he’s so stubborn – I tried to pick him up to put him on the bed and he wiggled away, then resumed jumping.

Some animals are just quirky like that, I guess.

83. :D

84. YYeeeaaahhh a brasilian dog rules!
    It isnt’t tired to try to look her, so funny and cute.

85. mandy_Reeves says:

my mom loves to tell the story of how she couldn’t find me one day. I was a few weeks old, and she laid me on the sofa and went to the kitchen….came back and couldn’t find meh! What she did find however, was our beagle pup Fred….and his ratty old towel. I was under the towel! Turns out Fred wanted to play tug o war. He had a routine of dropping the towel in your lap so you would pull it for him.

86. they need doggy steps for that little dog.

87. cutefan says: