It’s Time to Play “Dog or Deer?”

Deer: Giant ears, stubby tail, sprawled “Bambi on ice” pose.

Dog: Paws instead of hooves, indoor location, use of “Pups” tag.

Photo of: Sir Oi Pupperton III (Min Pin) by Taylor S., submitted by Matthew S.

Comments

1. dogeer… :-)
    No.. it is dogear…….

2. ElishaB. says:

I say pupdear, I mean pupdeer….nice pose, looks realy comfy!

3. Looks like a test shot for Playpuppeh of the Month in Playdog magazine.

4. I really need to nom on those ears and beep that little nose.

5. Looks like a neked bebe picture pose, only with a puppeh. :)

6. We need to see video, because that pup’s lookin’ a lot like Maru right now.

7. Actually, is it dog or deer ? I confuse.

8. What breed of pup is this? I love his worried looking eyes…

9. Long back feet, stubular tail, huge ears….looks like a pupalope to me, without the horns.

10. wait a minute…I meant jackapup. Teh cute is confusing me.

11. I say it’s a dear pup.

12. 260Oakley says:

A peer of the realm

13. 260Oakley says:

…and possibly a pee-er of the realm, but hopefully not on that nice carpet.

14. :mrgreen:

15. you were right the first time a pupalope :D

16. A baby Mexican breed of dog with the very long name that starts with a “Q”.
    Cute little bugger…

17. Had I read what was before my eyes, it is a mini Pinscher, maybe it vacations in Mexico. It looks like it has an accent of some kind. OleYAP.

18. Quesadilla?

19. absolutely.

20. skippymom says:

Whatever kind of bizarre, god-forsaken hybrid this is…I want one.

21. I want to nom that leetle tailio. How weird is that?

22. For heaven’s sake, someone reassure the little thing! *puppeh anxiousface*

23. biscuithead says:

As fun as playing Puppy Or Chicken:

24. Alice Shortcake says:

Where’s Thumper?

25. LOL!!!!

26. Get in line :-)

27. It look the the centerfold in some Oh la la magazine, except there’s no stapples in the middle of the tummy!

28. skippymom says:

“Weird”? No, pretty standard around here. Remember what crowd you’re hanging with, girl!

29. but it’s just a nubbin of a tailio, and that would put me close to the… err… never mind. i guess i usually nom ears and toesies, like that…

30. skippymom says:

I kiss my cats on their ‘tocks. Is that gross?

31. Eeeeee! That doggie is doing yoga!

Downward-facing-dog would be too clichéd. I think this is the Cobra pose. Great for maximizing ear flexibility.

32. lol, yes, i would have to say that is gross…
    btw, glad you’re back!

33. skippymom says:

Shhhh…I’m not *really* back. I’m here undercover. Keep it quiet.

34. /making motion of zipping lips and throwing key away/

35. victoreia says:

Deerhound!

(Although that’s probably not what a deerhound actually looks like…..but I digress.)

36. All it needs is a bear skin rug!!

My mom has a Min Pin this color. His name is Peanut. :)

37. I used to have a T-shirt that said, in French (Frawnsch?), “I kiss my cat on the mouth.”

I got it from Signals or Wireless or one of those kinds of catalogs, dog-years ago. It got paint on it and eventually got retired. :(

38. Such a furrowed little brow!

We had Basenjis when I was growing up. As puppies, those are just about the most worried-looking dogs imaginable. This little pup-snack is a close second.

39. The translucent ears, they are deadly…

40. No that’s not what a Deerhound looks like, to learn a little about them:

41. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Doggeh? Or deer? Doggeh? Or deer? Doggeh? Or deer? Doggehhhhhhhhhhhh….. or……… deer…….. (heysplode)

42. Those aren’t really ears. Those are antennae, waiting for a signal from Mars so they can take over the world!

43. Bigger nose and spots i would look sooooooooo much like a baby deer!!!! :D

44. :)

45. What’s with the docking of tails in the US? It must hurt! In Australia you see Boxers and Poodles and … (I’ve run out of dog breeds) with their complete tails, and they’re beautiful, and waggy.

46. yers! exactly! too funny…

47. Cholmondeley says:

Min Pin maybe… but MAX EARS. The better to nom you with, my deer.

48. kibblenibble says:

I’m grateful to hear that Aussies don’t do this!

Sincerely,
    Your American Friend,
    kibblenibble

49. No fair! The “pups tag” is a contrive attribute. I say it’s a deer! :)

50. (The Original) Mel says:

Put a little BBQ sauce on him. He looks pretty tasty.

51. BatBlaster says:

Hey, you are not bringing him as a food source. Also the first photo, is that a Chihuahua

52. Felicityanne says:

Docking’s illegal now tin the UK, thank goodness.

53. Just to put CO on notice. I expect to this lil sweetie in the center fold
    of next calander. I mean look at his tocks’ all perky and such.
    And the pose wow what a cutie!!! Maybe he will make the cover!!!
    lil sexy he shall be called.

54. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

I’m dying here. I have a physical need to see more pictures of this pup! Oh the pain of the cuteness. What a doll baby!