Top This!

The cute just went up another level – when will it end?!

Anything CO can cute, CO can cute better!

CO outcutes itself, all the time!

Many times. A few times. Maybe less. Once? But it was really, REALLY CUTE! (gasp! swoon! faint!)

Whew, now that that’s settled, we can credit this cute to the Japanese (of course!) Dwarf Flying Squirrel!

Momonga!, educatedearth.net. Thankcute to: Ant’s Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net/

Comments

1. Homer mariner says:

I just want to squeeze it!!! Although it’s eyes are already bulgy, so that may not be a good idea…

2. THAT, my friends, is a furry snowball. :)

3. A tree-bunny-sqeeeeeeee-ril

4. Newsong80 says:

Oh the cuteness! I can’t take it. Make it stop! lol!

5. I could definitely have him for lunch, what a cutie!!!!!!!!!! hard to top it for sure!

6. gasping for breath–I couldn’t even squee

7. Alice007 says:

SORRY I CAN ONLY TALK ABOUT THIS IN ALL CAPS. IT IS BECAUSE THE CUTE IS BURNING MY EYES. GET THAT LITTLE GUY A SMALL JACKET, HAT AND WEE SCARF, STAT. NOW I DIE OF CUTE.

8. skippymom says:

I’m not usually all that into sweets, but this sugar-dusted morsel will be just the thing with a nice cup of Darjeeling. I particularly like it when my snacks are smiling.

9. extreme close up of his little mouf please!!??

10. 260Oakley says:

The ultimate winter weapon: the self-propelled snowball.
    You’d be nuts not to get one, if you catch my drift.

11. EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeee

*thud* *twitching feebly*

12. Oh no, just for a super-squee?

13. It’s wheeskères are longer than its boddeh!

14. “C-c-cute!!? Stop t-t-telling me how c-c-cute I am and g-g-get me a b-b-blanket before I f-f-freaking freeze to death already!!”

15. Okay. This is getting ridiculous. Look at that thing! Look at it! *brain melts from the cute*

16. Legotech says:

He needs a sweater, little tiny hand knitted sweater….with stripes…and a teensy hood….and maybe some leetle wee gloves.

Ok, never mind, he can hang out in my pocket, I’ll keep him warm.

17. Eek!! The teeny smile!! *head asplodes*

18. Uh oh. The pocket flying squirrels have been outcuted. And this one is SMILING. Maybe it just finished making a snow angel.

19. He does not need a sweater. He needs to come live in my house where I will keep him warm and safe. Want to touch the soft fur. Putting in my pocket and running away…

20. cellarmouse says:

she needs a nice child’s mitten like the one in Jan Brett’s book …

21. . . .

(That’s me, being speechless for once.)

22. cellarmouse says:
  23. cellarmouse says:

oh. it is …

24. He’s totally secretly an evil megalomaniac.

“Bweeheehee! My sinnistur plan is flawless! Against prosh such as this, there is no defense! The general population of the Earth will bow to a new ruler — Professor Momongawww!”

He’s smiling because he knows his plan is working.

25. I was going to say, it is SMILINGK at me, but I see everyone’s beaten me to that. :)

26. skippymom says:

I think my cats would like to have a few of these; they are always telling me they want their own pets.

27. like.

(not for being speechless, for attaining the heights of hyperbole.)

28. Fird Birfle says:

*applies the raggedy defibrillator for the 87th time this week*

29. Fird Birfle says:

I know, right??? THAT THEY-uh is whutchecall a SMILE, thatis!!!!

30. Fird Birfle says:

*looks around the Ward, for at least a cold wet washrag for La Therese’s forehead…*

*sigh*

31. Cuteness on a stick…

32. Fird Birfle says:

skippy, do they tell you this, near Mealtime?

Signed,
    To Serve Man

(aka Twilight Zone)

33. skippymom says:

Hey, lady, I heard you were sort of “ded” a bit, recently. Glad you didn’t go all the way!

34. Ohhhhhhhhh…wonderful! Second the request for close-up!

35. He has whiskers!

36. Nassegris says:

“Here lies Linda, who was slain by a Brute -
    Maybe ‘twas not Big and Brutal, instead quite Minute -
    But nothing is Crueller than something TOO Cute.”

37. *clutches pearls in horror and goes to call the COO*

38. thin layer of snow covering sweetness!! may you always sparkle.

btw, also looks like a muppet. i wuv muppets!!

39. Anybod remember a post from a while back that looked like a bunch of these cute *squee* guys in furry eggs?

40. I will happily submit to thees overlord and dewote my laf to serving him, squeeing whenever i get a pivate moment :)

41. Oopsie daisies. That should have been “private”.

42. My squeee is so supersonic even a dog couldn’t hear it… I swear it’s a plot for world domination

43. Need to stuff this in my shirt NOW.

44. “Yo, I told you,
    you can’t top this….
    break it down…”

45. STOP.

46. “Now why would I ever stop doing this?”

47. whacked by Japan AGAIN.
    MAKE
    IT
    STOP

48. Dance to this and you gonna get thinner! :P

49. sunnymums says:

Bows. I humbly accept my USA ass being handed to me, ONCE AGAIN, by the cute overlords of Japan. This little fella is cute beyond comment.

50. PS: I told you, homeboy!

51. DAFFODIL says:

Breaking News!!!!!
    Hershey Pennsylvania disappears into darkness as a flock of dwarf flying squirrels drain all the cute sweetness from the city…..

Put a pen in his hands and he would write sweet poetry.

52. tracylee says:

really, as a matter of safety concerns… shouldn’t management invest in a new defibrulator? thing’s prolly on its last leg.

53. tracylee says:

er, defibrillator, rather :/

54. Catsquatch says:

OMG!!!!!

Its PIKACHU!!!!!

55. victoreia says:

*snerk* Here, have a bananananananana.

56. I don’t know much about Japanese, but I believe “Yuki-” is a prefix meaning “snow” or “snowy”, and the Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrel is a Momonga, so this is a Yukimomonga, or a “Yukimomo” !!
    :D

57. ^If you want to get really fancy, it could be a Shiroi Yukimomonga! (White Snowy….you get the picture.

I really want one of these as a pet. I can’t appreciate hamsters anymore after seeing these PEARL-EYED beauties!

58. What I especially lurve is the wee decorous handy-paws resting on the tumulence, and then of course the tiniest of smirks atop that.

59. So now a plain sugar glider or flying squirrel is no longer prosh enough, it has to be a manga-eyed, giant whiskered, anything-you-can-be-I-can-be-tinier dwarf flying squirrel balanced impossibly on top of a tiny branch, smiling triumphantly through harsh wintry adversity. Okay Japan, you win this round (actually you pretty much win every round), but I fear what you’ll come up next to overload our internet-hardened senses.

60. Martha in Washington says:

Cute…on a stick! Everything is better on a stick!

61. I prefer your spelling :-)

62. This is so cute it makes me want to cry.

63. Close – I think he looks like a Japanese-animated marshmallow on a stick!

64. Nassegris says:

Aw, my comment’s been stuck in moderation since yesterday.

Adorable critter, anyway :> Happy Easter, everyone.

65. Fird Birfle says:

“Manamana”
    – doo doo da doo doo….
    “Manamana”
    – doo doo da doo doo…..
    & etc.

66. Fird Birfle says:

That works great, for me !!!

67. Fird Birfle says:

yeh man,

I saw the guys come around, saying “Bringoutcherdaid” bit from MP/ Holy Grail. But I just spryly said, “I think I’ll go fer a walkies ….”

and they let me back into line :)

“We thank you for your support” :)

68. Fird Birfle says:

ye’re right. I’m too busy trying to revive bodies, to grab the American Heritage Words-R-Us. :)

69. Fird Birfle says:

GAH stacking problems the above was intended to stack under/ respond to tracylee’s item.

*sigh*

70. Cute Overload Overlookers (COOers) is on the way to collect this illegally cute critter and take it back to the COO headquarters for further study.

(Not) Lisa

71. Maerlyn99 says:

He smiles like he knows something. Like he knows that his cuteness is singlehandedly going to lead to the downfall of western civilization.

72. who knew?

all this time we thought the japanese were stylizing things in cartoony drawings to be cute?

actually as naturalistic as an Audobon catalog.

(bewildered head tilt)

73. He’s got the “Yea, I’m cute and I know it” smile.

74. I second that! Please???!!

75. Thank you, starling, agents have been sent. COO is in the process of creating special glasses to protect our intrepid agents from the visual onslaught of excessive cuteness encountered on our missions. These rare visual glasses, optical masterpieces created in the inner reaches of COO’s labyrinthine laboratories, are known as Cuteness Overload Ocular Protection Shields, or COOPS. For some unkown reason under investigation, they are particularly successful in the homes of excessively cute domestic birds.

76. brilliant

77. Fird Birfle says:

mebbe not apple juice.

78. Wookiebait says:

Only one response is worthy of this pic.

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

Ahem. Thank you.

79. victoreia says:

I love the Muppets’ take on that song!

80. Now I see it: he’s like a marshmellow with frosted sugar on top.

81. THIS IS SO CUTE!!!!! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82. Fird Birfle says:

Y’mean there *WAS* a version of it, prior to the MUPPETS??

Signed,
    Clueless in Fla

83. The little fella is very cute, but I also notice the tree has a “face” and its mouf is open to NOM the cuteness! Oh noes!

84. Hilarious! Pikachu doesn’t seem too worried, though!

85. I used to be able to watch flying skwrlz from my kitchen window.

86. Wow, does that look like a Pokemon! Adorable!

87. Just a little round snowy ball of cute. Wow!