Release the Dweebs!

OBOY OBOY HERE I GO HYUP HYUP LEMMIE ATTEM HERP DERP

HUFFA PUFFA WAIT FER ME CHUFFA CHUFFA WHEEZE

BLARRFLE NARFLE FLAPPITY-FLAFFLE MARGLE PLEARF BLAP

Submitterated by Mischa M. More poise and grace here.

Comments

1. Too funny for words!

2. I am on the floor. Oh. my. goodness. And the captions, the captions….

3. Fabulous photos! Great action shots! What a dog!

4. That is it–I am officially dead! What a wonderful series of pics, and the hover texts…I am beyond words.

In the second photo, I love the way the ears look like pupster is wearing a scarf.

5. The captions are brilliant! I laughed so loud that I scared the cat away!

6. It almost looks like you took a graphics program and edited the photos with some kind of “warp” effect.

Is that a Basset Hound? Their skin is always like ten sizes too big for them.

7. That’s great stuff!

8. Catsquatch says:

Ok, someone help me out here….

Those pics remind me of a comic strip character, but I cant remember who it was.

And I keep hearing Goobers voice “Well GOOOLLEEEEE!”

9. haha, skin too big for bones. i like the “warp effect” comment.

10. Awwwww, hang on, here he comes! Here, he…

Wait a minute. I was on the school’s AV squad. Ahhhh, you’re right.

11. bookmonstercats says:

And teh hovertext. I am ded of the hovertext.

12. “Seriously, I don’t think my skin is even attached to my head.”

LOL x 10!

13. (The Original) Mel says:

This is what happens when blorp goes bad.

14. OMG. Laughing inappropriately loud here! The pictures, the eyes, the captions! Priceless.

15. Yeah. . . The hovertext is deadly.
    Seriously, NTMTOM, you need to give us a heads up. I just sucked about 1/4 cup of Crystal Light Fruit Punch up my nose and sprayed it across my desk. That stuff stains.

16. Oh…my…gosh. SOOO funny!! Is he overweight or is he just super flappy??

17. It’s like blorp after Lap-Band surgery. That’s what happens when you go from a size 24 to a size 2 in a couple of days. You’ve gotta winch up all of that skin into a pony tail on top of your head and tie it off under a hat.

18. ShinyHappyGoth says:

I have been giggling over this photo series for weeks. I have concluded that “flobber” needs to be a sound effect.

Flobberflobberflobber…

19. victoreia says:

:lol: So, *giggle* is “derp” what we’re *snicker* calling ‘flying chub’ now? *guffaw* :lol:

20. Neopatra says:

His wrinkles go all the way down to his toes.

21. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Floopy skin!

22. FancyNancy says:

OMG……..ROFLMAO!!!!! My stomach hurts now, thanks….

23. Neopatra says:

Would that be “Droopy”?

24. FancyNancy says:

I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of Gomer Pyle

25. i’ve been googling ‘basset hounds running’ for months now… they defy gravity in the fuzziest way!

26. The talio!! ROTFL!!

Great stuff!! Awesome shots.

27. Martha in Washington says:

I. WANT. THIS. DOG!!!
    Goofy dawgs are the best kind to have!

PS-Mike, when are we running away together? My bags are packed. I can leave at a moment’s notice.

28. FancyNancy says:

Woohoo – For more bassets running action, check out 50 photos of bassets running on best week ever – http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-03-16/50-photos-of-basset-hounds-running/

29. There’s a filk song, or the folk music of the sci fi fantasy crowd, that basically goes along the lines of, “Mother never talks about that orgy….” while describing the conglomeration of different features the singer, the child, has.

Looking at this fabulous fellow, there seems to be a truly spectacular collision of breeds here….

30. Laura Shin says:

My friend (a basset owner) was just this morning indignantly informing a bunch of us that basset hounds do indeed run. I was so happy to give her proof.

31. Too funny!!

32. Alas. I am awaiting moderation. Hey Sharpy, can you bring me a pizza when you bring the moderation?

33. Like my uncle’s dog, Flash. :D Lovely dog, liked to play tug of war with socks. :D

34. Francesca says:

I almost choked on my cadbury creme egg. Too funny.

35. When did CO officially turn into a Warner Brothers cartoon archive?

36. OMG! Owww. I have bronchitis and a sore throat, but I laughed uncontrollably at those pics (also the Titan pics). Ouchie, my lungs are a-hurtin’ from giggling at that fat and those craaaazy eyes!

37. I was laughing so hard I must have been making desperate noises because my husband ran into the room to see if I was choking to death. I’m going to look at these pictures whenever I feel stressed. THANK YOU Mischa and pup.

38. Can’t breath…laughing..too…hard. Gahhahahaha!!! Oh god (wipes tears from eyes) oh god that was so needed. Thank you.

39. Absolute ridiculousness on CO this past week :) Lurv squishy pups

40. I actually GUFAWWED at these! Sooooo hilarious.

41. This is the funniest thing I’ve seen anywhere so far this year!
    The last photo killed me!

42. As a museum executive, I have to say Pupcasso’s early works were really quite hilarious.

43. That there dawg’s gone flibberyjibbet.

44. That there dawg’s gone flibbertyjibbet.

45. Peanutcat says:

Where is that hysterical laughter coming from?!

Oh wait, it’s me . . . . .

46. What a gorgeously ugly Bassett, this made me forget my boss was calling this afternoon for a catch-up…

47. snoopysnake says:

N-E-S-T-L-E-S

Nestle’s makes the very best

CHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWK-LAT

It’s Farfel!

48. ROFLMAO at the captions, just brilliant, NTMTOM!

49. Bearfoot says:

ditto… :)

50. No, Farfel was a dachshund!

51. Fird Birfle says:

At which moment, of course, the local Chez Chapeux becomes VERREH VERREH important dans la vie.

And, if you’re into horses, that callsfor a visit to
    Chez Chevaux, *NOT* to Chez ChevEUX.

*Quirky Francais se parle ici*

*Bing!!!*

52. Fird Birfle says:

*cue the theme music for [wait for it.......] “UNDERDOG”!!!1111!!!!

“THERE’s no need for fear; UNDERdog is here!!!”

*now cue the triumphant swelling music.

Thank you for your participation.
    The Mgmt

53. I know – that last one brought me to my knees. It still does. I keep checking back and I laugh just as hard the 4th, 5th, 8th time I look at it.

54. Fird Birfle says:

Best single line of dialogue, relating to having fabulous legs(I believe it was used by either Spencer Tracy or “Humphrey GoCart”, grousing that La Hepburn might be lacking a bit in the zaftig department ….but it was an alltime winnah):

“Ain’t MUCH meat on ‘er;
    But what there is, is CHERCE”

*wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

55. Considering the subject matter, wouldn’t it be better to call ‘em “Shar-Pei”?

56. BEST DOGS EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO, DERPIEST DOGS EVER !!!!!!!!!

57. cellarmouse says:

stop! stop! i can’t stand it!

58. He’s a basset hound. Basically, his skin is two sizes too big.

59. Fird Birfle says:

*cue the squealy noises*

OMGPONIES!!! They’re using a “derp” Tag!!
    “Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!1111!!!!!”

Etc.

60. That is one enthusiastic hound!

61. Mary (the first) says:

Re: your PS: Get in line, Martha. GET. IN. LINE.

62. Mary (the first) says:

I actually found this just a tiny bit scary…

63. I love the “oh-dear-I-can’t-control-my-floppage-someone-help-me-pleeeeeease” look on his/her face.
    Well, that and the genius hovertext. Genius. I keep coming back to look at this.

64. You haven’t lived until you’ve met one of these little darlings in person. Awesome dog!!! and oh so flaptastic :)

65. Chris Farley reincarnated as a bassett?

66. hey… wait a minute… i’d know that sprinkling of punctuation anywhere! O NO!

67. Does anyone else hear in their heads the theme from “Chariots of Fire”? :mrgreen:

68. Spencer Tracy about Katharine Hepburn in “Pat & Mike.” (Originally, the line was written to say that she was “stacked” but Tracy pointed out that Hepburn was not “stacked” and came up with this instead.)

69. A almost just blew chocolate mild out my nose.

70. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

I was thinking more in terms of “Yakkity Sax.”

71. LAINEY O says:

Love this!! I wonder if all that skin is making flappy-slappy noises as he gallops..

72. baileysgrandmom says:

LOOKS like Droopy, SOUNDS like Gomer Pyle!

73. Michelle H. says:

This character busting a move made me bust a gut :) Glad to see such an active, eager pooch despite the extra … weight? Skin? Would love to have such a goofball at my house.

74. Thank you. I think I almost choked on a peanut. This is totally going on my computer screensaver. :D

75. Oh, if only ALL dogs made these faces while running. The world would be filled with humans helplessly laughing themselves into oblivion.

76. He said “Nicely packed, I’ll say that for her.”
    I ♥ Spencer Tracy.

77. OK, Yakkity Sax for normal speed, but CofF for slow-mo.

78. Fleurdamour says:

He’s a real life cartoon.

79. meoowmom says:

those eyes nearly keeled me….never seen such silly eyeballs and what a face!
    love, love the happy doggie !

80. I was just thinking of that . . . Chariots of Fire . . .but somehow much less dignified. . . . And covered in spittle.

81. So sorry to hear about you’re beloved desk…So what color is the coffin?(just kidding)LOL!!!

82. Hi Olive, He is just super flappy (the doggie) because that’s how bassets are(I think it’s a basset)…Silly huh.(?).THANKS, Eva-pink!

83. BIG smiley face! I like you’re comment ;-D

84. OH.MY.DOG…I can’t believe cute overload is actually TRYING to keel us with this stuff, I’ve been laughing WAY too hard lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE CUTE OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

85. Has this puppers escaped a Pixar animation studio?

86. Fird Birfle says:

I (heart) Yakkity Sax!!!!111!!!!

(but NOT Benny Hill, ThankYouVeryMuch….)

87. Fird Birfle says:

Here. Have a lace hankie, won’tcha?? ;)

88. Fird Birfle says:

who???wha’ ???
    Where?????

89. I’m laughing so hard I can barely breathe! The photos are hilarious on their own, but the captions nearly killed me!

90. He’s just super flappy. Because some people thought it was a good idea to create a breed with lots of extra skin. Go figure…

91. X-D!!! Seriously, this is the best way to wake up! Thanks guys :-D!

92. Dear lord. This dog is a living Don Bluth character.

93. songbrdnurse says:

And in further news….”It appears that all over our nation folks, have collectively either choked, sprayed or spewed their snacks due to obnoxious gaffawing from a…what’s that Sharon? Excuse me folks….a…is that a…..Basset Hound you say?…..Well there you have it!” More details at nine…. ;-)

94. songbrdnurse says:

Nah…I hear “Bust A Move” -Young MC

95. Mackósajt says:

Awwww! :D :D SO CUTE! This big skin…….I love this face!! :D :D :D :D

96. What a way to start my day! I will add that link to my favorites for the next time I’m feeling grumpy and/or blue. How could you be in a bad mood after looking at those derpy faces and floopy bodies??

97. One Eyed Daruma says:

The eyes remind me of Agnes Moorehead as Endora…

98. I can’t decide if it looks cute, hilarious or simply scary

99. this is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen on this website
    i’ve been laughing for 20 min

100. marsheeeee says:

Not to mention, if you’re female (well, might apply to guys, too) you start singing “Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to-and-fro, can you tie ‘em in a knot…” Etc. Not a pretty sight.

101. marsheeeee says:

er…ahem…been there. Sort of. (TMI!!!)

102. me too. I can’t stop coming back to these pictures. Imagine if, during a tense UN meeting between enemy states, everyone was required to look at these pictures together for 20 minutes. I do believe we’d avoid some wars.

103. oh yes. Slo mo derpy flappity flerpage.

104. You’ve gotta love the short legged breeds … it’s a lot harder for them to run, but it sure doesn’t stop them from trying (I see a lot of that from the bassets, doxies and corgis at my local dog park and it makes me smile every time!)

105. meoowmom says:

I came back here this morning and yes those EYES made me laugh
    again. peeps are wondering what I am laughing at …..let them wonder
    love,love this doggie and those eyes and his smile and floopy skins!!!!

106. That is the most brilliant comment I have ever read on here! He completely is!!

107. He looks like he’s wearing a nice snuggly headscarf in the second picture.

108. lmfao omg sooooo adorable in all the herpy derpy glory!

109. Excellent suggestion.

110. Oh wow, I hadn’t even read the hovertext. Do I now need to go all the way back through all the CO archives and do that for every pic? Because I will.

I’ll just make sure the cat isn’t asleep on my lap next time (startled cats have the sharpest claws).

111. A FACE ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE .

112. ROFL

113. Thanks cute overload I really needed that today!

114. OH!! my God that is the funniest thing I have seen in years!! I have laughed till I can hardly breath! THNAK you thank you thank you!!

115. You disturb me <:|

116. eexcamatin point abuse alert! need a paper bag?

117. whoops.”exclamation”

118. OMG I’m so glad I wasn’t eating soup or something, I can’t afford another computer!!!

119. Oh my goodness. I die. And thank you, random commenter, for pointing out the hovertext. You just made my day that much better!!!!

120. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

By all rights, this should be my dog. Enuf said. Love love love love love!

121. wannadance says:

mel, please PLEASE explain all of this to me. i am sleepy and i don’t get it, any of it…

mel? someone?

sob, sob
    dancer

122. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

Fancy Nancy: thank you so much. The bassetts running are simply fabulous. I love the internet. XX

123. “You’ve gotta winch up all of that skin into a pony tail on top of your head…”
    that EXACT thing happened in a “Plop” comic book years ago. I remember it from childhood.

124. Yes. :mrgreen:

125. Catsquatch says:

Nah, Droopy was a cartoon character, and a dog, the one Im thinking of was a comic strip character, and a human, but had buck teeth and that goofy look on his face alla time….

126. Catsquatch says:

Oh, yes, Gomer, not Goober ;)

127. Anonymous Coward says:

Now, really, how does this dog not trip on his own ears?

Oh, btw, nice job on the captions.

p.s.: spot the frog in the picture, but, huh, well, ah… where does ‘derp’ come from?

128. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the long ears and baggy skin helps with tracking (as all the scent sticks to them, and/or gets trapped and lingers.)

But I also remember having a 20 minute conversation with a prairie dog too so,…

129. Oh yes. The hovertext makes the post. Go back & read EVERY SINGLE ONE since the beginning – you’ll be glad you did!! ;-)

130. Oh yeah, “skin not attached” FTW!

131. Lesley – you rock! Make it so…. ;-)

132. NTM rocks me again. Hee!

133. Thanks to NorDude for tweeting this post – so glad I found it. The Dogs thought I was nuts when I laughed out loud.

134. This is the ugliest dog I’ve ever seen in my life.

135. skippymom says:

Don’t be mean!

136. mintyheart says:

yucky obese pups >_>

137. warrior rabbit says:

Wasn’t Goober his cousin?

138. warrior rabbit says:

They aren’t obese. They’re basset hounds. Do some research before spouting inanities, mmkay?

139. In that first pic he really does have cartoon character eyes!

140. I was having a horrible day…that is, until I saw this picture. The captions knocked me dead! The pics are hilarious. They’re my wallpaper now. Thank you CO for having the most amazingest (ha) pictures EVER!!

141. Yeah, for the past couple of days I’ve been coming back to see these pics, and I literally laugh out loud every time. I do think this series of pics is enough to make anyone smile and laugh if they’re feeling down. I for one am probably going to have to steal these pics and turn them into a greeting card for my father who has a basset hound as well. They’re wonderful dogs (but can be very loud and possesive).

142. Right!?!! This is the best Cute Overload Puppy Post EV-ARRRR!!!

143. BUSTER!!!! What did they do to you?????????????

144. I second that. Best laugh I’ve had all week.

145. I’m crying I’m laughing so hard…

146. mintyheart says:

dude, that’s definitely fatter than the average basset hound yo

147. HILARIOUS!!! he looks like a cartoon- or he should be made into one!

148. i have no words cause i almost died here