Do Not Name Your Pet After A Food

It’s cruel. I mean look at how traumatized “Carrots” and “Coconut” are!

Oh the sufferingks! Enough is enough! No more “Sugar” or “Oreo”! No more “Pfefferneuse” or “Wasabi!” [Drool]

There, there little kittens [nibbles ear], it’s [leeck], gonna be OK NOM NOM NOM!

We’re ready for some serious eats, Gregory B.!

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

Wait a minute. Are those the same two kittens? or what?

2. Sqeeeeeee

3. These kittins are SERIOUSLY adorbz. Seriously.

4. Mary, now that you mention it, I think they are the same kittens but in the first picture they look older.

5. fish eye no miko says:

I come with me, kitties, I will protect you!

6. Awww my, the juxtaposition of the orange fur and the blue eyes makes the color of their eyes really POP! :-)

With Love and Gratitude,

Jeremiah

7. MoonCatty says:

Aaaaaawwww… I want to shove my face in all that adorable softness and do the motorboat thingy…

Serious snorfling potential.

8. I’ve got a dog who has a strong prey drive and is not great around other dogs. Of course, in our basic obedience class there was a pair of little teacup Yorkies named “Muffin” and “Cupcake.” I used to joke to my husband that people with tiny, delectable morsel dogs (in a world where there are also big dogs) should NOT name their dogs after food!

9. yavrukedi says:

My cats’ names:
    Tofu, Cheeze, Olive, Molasses, Rice, Yogurt

My sister’s cats’ names:
    Potato, M&M, Jelly, Brownie

I live with Tofu and Molasses, my sis lives with Potato and M&M. The rest of the kittens have found other happy loving homes.

10. that is so cute:)!

11. snorglepup says:

I had an Oreo. Sweet tuxie cat. She was delicious.

12. I have one right now! She was my 7th birthday present, I’m 21 now!

13. Tuxedo cat, of course :)

14. When I was a kid, I named my goldfish Parmesan…

15. JacksonsGirl says:

De are widdle iddle babies!!!!

16. My parents have a cat named Cocoa, but she got her name from a previous owner. They have not been tempted to drink her.

17. ma’am, do you know why you’re being pulled over today?

well, there’s a law in this here town and this sheriff don’t much cotton to scofflaws. i’ll give you a warning this time.

18. was your goldfish made by pepperidge farms?

19. brinnann says:

:lol:

20. brinnann says:

*searches cookbook for brownie recipe*

21. Aww! I had a Tofu cat too. AKA Tofutti. He was so yummy.

22. My goldfish’s name is Sushi!

23. Marianne says:

my cat is named Julius after the smoothies. he is the most glorious orange!

24. One Skunk Todd says:

The shelter where we got our first two kitties called them Duck and Swan. That didn’t last long. :) Two marmalades that looked a lot like these in fact.

25. O.k. I’m willing to go along with not naming your pets after food.
    But it’s still o.k. to call my hubby “Alpo” when he does something really wrong
    isn’t it ???

26. Of crourse, as long as you don’t actually turn him into Alpo! :-D

27. My friend adopted a stray last fall, he is a golden orange and she named him Caramel.

28. tracylee says:

aw, I know a wiener dog named Wasabi!

29. Tofu? I would never of thought of naming a pet after a soybean based food product. I like the fish named sushi.

I was going to tell a story about a friend who has snakes but I was good and restrained myself.

30. brinnann says:

My puppy’s name is Honey, and the brown color of her coat is really the color of thick honey.

31. katfighter says:

I have a kitty named Carrot, too! He came from the rescue organization with that name and since he was already 2 years old, I couldn’t change it. Not that I wanted to – I think it’s cute.

32. BonzoGal says:

I once owned a fish named H. Salt Esquire.

And I knew a cat named Waffle. It’s a great name for a cat, esp. when you call for it: “Ohhh Waaaaaaafllllle!!!”

33. flutterby says:

Teho bait!!! Anyone heard from him lately??

34. Where’s my spoon?

35. Aww, widdew Shawpy-Wawpy! Wassamatter?

36. LOL we had a bunny named Cinnamon (cinnamon Bun snerk)
    he was a lovely dwarf thuringer.

37. My parents used to have two very large cats – both over 20 pounds – named Brownie and Cookie. I called them Bubba and Bruiser. They never responded, no matter what we called them.

Speaking of snakes: a friend of mine had an adult son who named two of his snakes Cuddles and Fluffy.

38. Brit peeps. I used to have a Gordon Setter named Bisto. “MMMmmm, Bisto!”

(the “bi” pronounced as in biscuit. Not “bee” as in bistro.)

39. Gone too long he been!

40. I have two cats. Cheetoh and Fritoh :) They are not marmalade colored – they are both black and white tabby, but I liked those names :) Cats should not have normal names :)

41. I will cal them Cream and Sicle.

42. Muffin is my boy cat`s name and I once had two mice called Cookie and Cake (boys, too). Seems to be common to give them food names … but having read the comment about the muffin toy dogs I wish I had chosen a bigger name for my big kitty (15 pounds and still about to grow or at least gain weight for some time) … any ideas? Something huge and sweet and cuddly and nommable?

43. I have a friend who lives on a farm that she calls The Just Desserts Ranch. All of the animals are named after desserts: Fudge, Cinnamon, Napoleon, Butterscotch, etc. :) Some of the animals are miniature breeds, which of course ups the “redonk” factor.

44. victoreia says:

OHMIGAWD MARMIES!!!11!!!!11!!!!!!!!!1!

Okay, I’ve gotten a grip on myself again….

45. My sister has a betta fish named Sushi. :)

46. I thought of cheesecake, but cheesecake’s not very cuddly. Kinda sticky, actually. :mrgreen:

47. My friend had a beta named Darth Beta, but I digress.

48. Shandrewsca says:

We had a goldfish for six years named Cheddar. Sadly, he now swims in the big pond in the sky, but we have three goldfish right now – Ghouda, Pepper Jack, and Roquefort. In keeping with the theme, our cleaner fish is Crackers, and we have a water snail named Merlot :)

49. baby birdie says:

“Pfeffernusse?” Honestly, who names their kitten after a German cookie?

50. My kitty’s name is Potato! Somehow it is the perfect name for our little tabby! I love these marmies, they’re just like my parents’ cats (all orange and white- with no food names, though)!

51. And now, I need a snack. plus a beverage. :)

52. Ewwww, that just hits me the wrong way. Snakes have enough problems. Give them dignified names. Like Alfred, the corn snake in my daughter’s class, who, every time he escapes, heads directly to the kids who are the most freaked by him. (Be it noted, I do not visit Alfred… the temptation to wig me out would bring on another escape escapade.)

53. I’m Aussie. We say the ‘bi’ for biscuit and bistro. Weird, innit?

54. Same here, MoonCatty :D I want to snorgle those two kitties so bad :D

55. My niece named her black lab, Cookie, because she was sweet! All of my pets have Muppet-centric names! tee and hee!

56. I named my mini-poodle “Mochi” because at 3 mths old he was fluffy, round, and white. Two years later… I should’ve named him Crazy or something

57. I had a guinea pig named Peanut Butter when I was seven-ish. The other bebehs have all had (more or less) respectable names. Doesn’t make them any less delicious-looking, though.

58. My friend has a cat named Shreddie. I really am not sure if he was named after the cereal, or what he did to the couch….:p

59. kibblenibble says:

My cats, George and Minnie, (see my avatar) have food nicknames, too. Minnie is “Noodle,” due to her slender physique and how relaxed and floppy she gets when sleepy. George is a big, cuddly boy, and he is either “Monkey Bread,” or ” Georgie Puddin” as in Georgie Porgie Puddin’ Pie.” :-)

60. LOL, would fit, he is stickin´ around me all the time … I guess it is because he is still young (13 months). But its a little disturbing if you are about to pee and your cat WANTS to snuggle NOW and can`t wait another minute.

btw, are the english or american sweets with capital M (Muffin and 5 others were my breeder´s M-litter)? Just for fun, I won´t rename my cats…

61. Reminds me of the leetle pig Carnitas! :-)

62. Kitten nuggets!

63. Yes Mary the first i believe these are the same cute, adorable, tiny, cute, wittle-wee, little, cute adorable– ok i’ll stop it now… i think in the first pic they are just older and younger in the other two, the first pic (of when there bigger) is my fav because its so bright and not so muffled in color like the other two.Thank you[ batters eyelashes and does a little curtsy] I wanna be mystical so i’ll use my cute overload name Eva-pink…

64. Christine says:

Those eyes look positively purple! Is that the photo or are they really that color? Beautiful even if they are *just* blue.

65. Fird Birfle says:

OMGSQUEE I WAN’ EM — GIMMEEEEEEE111!!!!!PONIES!!!!!1111
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

etc.

[a-HEM]
    *whistles The “Who, ME???” Innocence Tune…..

66. Fird Birfle says:

PS @ Eva-Pink: nice curtsey, there, ma’am!!! :)

67. Fird Birfle says:

@ yaverukedi:

Don’ tell me, lemme guess. R ya vegan, vegetarian or omnivorous?? :)

68. Fird Birfle says:

look, look, up in the skies!!! It’s Bullwinkle the Moose!!!!

69. Oh, poop… Is the name Clementine OK?

70. Just catching up and saw this post. My older daughter named her cat Chicken – and Chicken has the same coloring as these kitties. Actually Chicken has more names – I can’t remember them all, but I think Zucchini is in there somewhere, too, as well as three or four non-food names.

71. baby birdie says:

Wait, Napoleon? Who eats emperors for dessert? :P

72. baby birdie says:

Yes, I know what “pfeffernusse” is. I’m a know-it-all.

73. Diandra says:

The same kind of person who names their dog after a French brand of ice cream – aka, me.

74. Diandra says:

Cute, but she misspelled Neopolitan.