Cute Expectations

I was told there would be pointy-eared piccolo playing pixies.

And fairies.

Riding unicorns.

{33/52 2010} Thank You Flickr Friends! by VeryViVi.

Comments

1. oh, my…I think my heart just melted…

2. 260Oakley says:

Golden believer is now sadder bud wiser.

3. This looks like a scene from a ballet solo-not the one most of us have etched in our minds since November, mind you…

4. kibblenibble says:

I have never seen earses that looked softer than these earses do.

5. birdcage says:

Brow buds!!!!!!!

6. Peeps, I am so sad. My daughter just texted me from the barn that one of the horses she rode in lessons for the better part of a year had to be put down today. Loveable older curmudgeon of a part-thouroughbred hunter jumper, he was. If you didn’t ride him to the base of the jump properly, he’d “sproing” over like a deer (not comfy at all for the rider!); thus his nickname “Deer Boy” or “Johnny Deer”.

7. victoreia says:

*sneak sneak sneak* *SNATCH!*

8. Oh, the drama, the draaahma.

9. Lerrinus says:

pinna, paws, petals! So soft looking, all three!

*looks around*

What? I’ve had a long day!

10. Woofy'sMa says:

Oh, I would love to make this pup happy. I’d scritch his little ears and rub his little fat belly and kiss his widdle tooties. What an adorable picture.

11. Aw, sorry to hear of your loss, Wend. Deer Boy sounds like a wonderful old retainer. Hope your daughter’s not taking it too hard.

12. *sigh* So young to be so disillusioned. At least he(?) has the posy to remember his spring night of madness with the fae folk. I’m just surprised they didn’t take him with them to be their ambassador of cute.

13. Hugs Wendy… so sad to lose a dear animal friend. Horses are such wonderful… warm intelligent beings.

14. OH MY GAhhhhhhh the beauty fo the picture teh sadness of not getting to play with faerries and elves.

15. LOL at the hovertext. At least they didn’t take you to find a jackalope, too, puppeh!

16. He now knows a bank where wild thyme blows.

17. Alice Shortcake says:

“Hooman, I am disappoint”

18. brinnann says:

*must refrain from posting Planet Unicorn*

*heeeyyyy*

19. So sad for you and your daugther, try to think of Deer Boy as “sproing” over clouds in heaven.

20. I don’t think he’s sad, I think he’s paying for lots of candy (no chocolat!!) at Easter.

21. The loss of one of our anipals is always so sad– they enrich our lives so much, and stay for too short a time. Soothing purrs for everyone who loved him.

22. Oh My GAAAAAAAH. He is a Hallmark Card! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

23. 260Oakley says:

Yes, a card that says: “Sorry I ate the garbage. Again.”

24. Jimbeaux says:

Silly peeps! He’s not sad! He’s playing hide and seek! And he’s almost finished counting! Quick, hide!

25. flutterby says:

*snerk* 260O! Puppeh offering flowers…too cute!

26. That looks like Foxglove (which is toxic to dogs). It might not be, but we always need to be careful what plants our puppies are around.

27. So sorry for you and your daughter’s loss. It’s been a bad day here too. I am bottle-feeding 3 1-week old kittens and I spent most of last night holding the one kitten while he died. I tried to lay him down & go to sleep since I knew I had a 12 hour work day today but I couldn’t bear to let him pass on his own.

28. My heart is a big puddle of mush.

29. Thank you everyone. Sharing this with others who “get” it helps.
    Alice, Sorry to hear of the loss of your foster-baby. I will picture him napping on Deer Boy’s withers in a sunbeam.

30. Not foxglove, noooooo. Snapdragons. Dragons would be perfect with fairies and unicorns, but we at least have snapdragons. Puppy’s safe. :)

31. Jiffknee says:

And now my lords and ladies… your lupins, please!

32. ashagato says:

omg haven’t thought about that in way too long! thanks brinnann :)

33. Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore
    Galloping through the sward
    Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore
    And his horse Concorde
    He steals from the rich
    And gives to the poor!

34. Sweet puppy looks like he needs a serious snorgle *waves hand wildly* I volunteer!

35. That just ripped my heart out….

36. Now you just made me cry….

37. I don’t think they are snapdragons….(sorry)

38. ElishaB. says:

………..and I promise no more eating out of the cat bowl and I will always wipe my paws before running over the clean floor and please, please, please, send me the unicorn to play with…….amen

39. There is nothing cuter than when a dog crosses paws and tucks his/her nose in. <3

40. Those are neither foxgloves nor snapdragons – they’re stock:

41. Ricalynn says:

Now if MY dog bought me THIS card, I *might* consider forgiving him. Just this once.

42. That puppy literally looks like he’s at a funeral. The flowers, the appearance of sobbing into his puppy arms… Seriously;A;!

43. awwness factor went through the roof! LOVED the verbage. perfection!