The Sneaky Sleepy Peek Technique

The SSPT is the act of opening one eyelid just enough to see who’s out there, but not enough to tip them off that you’re awake, in case they turn out to be dorks.

Once perfected, the SSPT can only be detected with a… PEEK-HANCE!

Comments

1. COATIMUNDI????

2. PS: BEEP!

3. happypiano says:

kittehs are very good at this technique!

4. posted three days ago?
    baroo?
    Clearly, all my hard work is paying off, and I have now mastered the art, not only of the SSPT, but also OF TIME TRAVEL.

5. Maybe NTMTOM got moderashun? Serve ‘im right! ;)

6. What is coming out of it’s nose. Is it a worm?

7. SSPT is the opposite of YEEM!

8. OMG! I thought it was just me. I do this all the time when I don’t want to have that last late night chat with Mr. Hubbywonderfulness…

9. Um, not to be cruel, but what’s up with his nose? Is that an earworm peaking out, or an extra bright nosicle lining?

10. Does it look like he’s got a little nose ring to anyone else?

11. Colonel Jenna says:

It does look like a nose ring on that beepable little nosicle. Is it a coatamundi?

12. victoreia says:

:lol:

And, *SNERK*

13. victoreia says:

Yes, indeed! Good for lulling humans into thinking the kitteh is not annoyed with you. (Until kitteh’s teeth are sunk in your hand. Or your ankle…..)

14. A nose ring! I thought it was just an interestingly-shaped nose swirl.

15. flutterby says:

Nose ring?? Y’all are keelingk me! Looks like a babeh coati, but not 100% on that…

16. flutterby says:

Da feets are so shiny and new too!

17. CritterMom says:

Dat’s a baby racoonie!

18. Whatever it is, it fits neatly into that person’s hand!! *swoon*

19. I am transfixed by the shiny paw. It’s like One. Giant.Toebean! (A footbean?!?)

Sleepy coatimundi is all “talk to the paw, I’m snoozing here…”

20. HAHAHA PECANS!!!

NOMTOM, why are you so wonderful?

21. ashagato says:

totally looks like a nose ring! that’s hilarious…

22. Argyle Donkeypants says:

SSPT active. Let’s see what we’ve got out there…. Hypercolor shirt, argyle pants, and — oh no, seriously? Birks with socks? Attention brain: Shift all activity to playing possum. Er, raccoon. Or whatever I am.

23. kibblenibble says:

I love the super wheeskery muzzlepowsche. I want to put my cheek near it to see if it teekles. (No, not that cheek!)

24. Squee! Based on this little guy, do I smell a new Rule of Cuteness? :)

25. (The Original) Mel says:

Zee szleepy poquito bandito es muy cansado, peeps.

26. Tiggywinkle says:

Looks like a baby coonie to me. That’s a coon paw for sure. Adorableness!

27. It’s probably me. All my space-time-genetic engineering experiments culminating in my Invisible Stable of Interdimensional Husbands™ may have had one or two unintended consequences. :mrgreen:

28. Coatimundi! They’re related.

29. So does the SSPT make this little guy a Peeky McPeekersons?

30. Confirmed: Affirmative, Mission Control, we have a Dork.

31. Sneaky is waiting for you to leave so he can steal the doormat and escape through the cat door.

32. Let’s do the time warp again…
    Let’s do the time warp again!

33. 260Oakley says:

And the peek shall inherit the mirth.

34. Andi from NC says:

I love a good hover!!!

35. Out STANDING.

36. TrixandSam says:

How the HECK DO YOU DO THAT?????

37. Sets down food… stands up and gives a round of Applause. Truely impressive..
    Also Snicker.

38. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

Little creature is adorable, racoon or coatamundi or whatever he is. How lucky to get to hold one for a nap!

39. flutterby says:

HALP! I just got my invite to vote on the Webbys and couldn’t get them to pull up cute overload!! I tried to vote like a stoat, but to no avail !

40. So, let me get this straight: a racCOON, with ears like Beechnut Fruit Stripe gum and pre-ring-tailio, just dissed me and my choice of comfortable footwear?
    I, my leetle proto-bandito, am A SCIENCE NERD and NOT a dork (I wear contacts).

41. tracylee says:

curse you for messing with the S-T C without getting each and every one of us our very own Invisible Stable™! if you’re going to do it at least do it right…

42. tracylee says:

AND it indicates that NTMTOM pronounces “pecans” correctly – “pee-cans” not “peh-cahns” or some other such nonsense. :D

(aaaand commence dialect war…now!)

43. I would like a paw-HANCE on this little guy. He has the best feets.

44. is it a misplaced apostrophe?

45. Oh Bravo!!! :D

46. Super cute!!! I agree with Jessy – paw-hance!!!

Also, I found this to be another tre-cute coatimundi:

(note the right front paw curling around the finger)

=D

47. Meriweather says:

Extensive google research seems to indicate that this is the natural shape of the nosicle

48. bookmonstercats says:

I agree. Theresa could provide the central core of her IS of IHs, namely Colin Firth and NOMTOM, and we can all add our own personal preferences as we go along.

49. bookmonstercats says:

He has leather feeties. me loves.

50. Definitely a baby COON. The muzzle isn’t long enough for a coati.

And yes, all their nosicles look like that:

51. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Cute! I did that on Christmas Eve once when I was a kid, and I thought I saw Santa. It might have just been my dad.

52. But but BUT. EVERYBODY CAN have one! That’s the earth-shattering GENIUS of the thing~!!!

53. Everybody can have their own IS™ AND someone can be in more than one at once!! INTER-DIMENSIONAL!!! Get it? :D

54. He is not sufficiently needle-nosed for a coati? *abashed*

55. Queen of Dork says:

“In case they turn out to be dorks.” (raises hand)

Guilty.

56. kibblenibble says:

Peek-hance sounds like pecans… now I get it! :roll:

57. kibblenibble says:

I can be a bit slow sometimes.

58. ashagato says:

tanks, kbnb! i was too shy to ax…

59. Thanks, coming as many of us do from a country that pronounces ‘em puhKAHNZ.
    As in, I put the puhKAHNZ down by the VAHZE, not the PEEK-HANCE by the VACE.

60. Now, where I come from, we say PEE CANS. :mrgreen:

61. hehehe

62. Hey, I’m Bubba’s mum too! :) My Bubba is a pom-mix

63. So Colin Firth can be in my IS too then?

64. YES!!! That’s the genius of it! Colin Firth for everyone!

65. No shortage of those. :P

66. ashagato says:

yea, me too, dub1, and the aunts in my family are definitely AHNTS, as opposed to the little bugs out in the yard. ;)

67. Looks like the bebeh raccoon’s nose is shaped a lot like a dog’s…that’s a little pink nostril off to the side. :)

68. Looks like a worm.

69. def a baby raccoon there, i’ve seen enough of the show “hope for wildlife” to recognise a baby coon anywhere. that show features mass numbers of itty bitty coon orphans being tube or bottle fed.

70. Has an attack of the vapours and huffs a kitten at the very thought of anyone saying p**.

71. Doesn’t look like a Tasmanian devil to anyone else?

72. From where I’ve been, we used pee cans to do #1 and we ate peKAHN pie, but each to her own, I always say. Far be it from me to tell you what to do with your pee-cans. :)

73. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Yeah, there’s no gettin’ away from that one. Bask in it, I say.

74. bookmonstercats says: