Now This is a Tax Break

Getting taxes done right is harder than ever. Especially when your method is to run off to Mexico.

Figaro is gonna need an extension, Karen.

[ex-post factoid: karen says figaro actually high-tailed it all the way to brazil, not mexico. either one sounds like a great place for a cat shelter! don't return too soon!]

Comments

1. Martha in Washington says:

So where’s the margarita? It can’t be Mexico without a margarita!

2. Form 1040Zzzzzzzzzzz
    (P.S. I too find mariachi bands taxing!)

3. I wonder what was there first, the kitten or the umbrella?

4. bookmonstercats says:

That’s too deep for me, Kar ;)

Come to me, Figaro, I’ll give you asylum in the UK.

5. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

heh heh.

Well done, well done :)
    2600 will have her barre set a bit higher, for this one now :)

6. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*snerk*

“The EGG, of course!”

7. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

GAH. The Egg was meant to be my answer, to Kar, not to fall below bmc’s item …so much for a punchline/ timing.

8. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

ALSO: I hope Figaro used a legitimate passport to fly to Mexico….
    Documentation is everything these days, at the airports!!!

9. BatBlaster says:

W#ell its holiday in DC so he’s one lucky kitty.

10. 260Oakley says:

Tax shelter

11. 260Oakley says:

…for those times when IRS stands for: I‘m Really Sleepy.

12. The top of his head is doing his tan-40.

13. bookmonstercats says:

I got it straight away, ONO. *Claps*

14. bookmonstercats says:

*Quiet commentator’s voice*

“It is all tension here, folks. I can hardly raise my voice above a whisper, for fear of breaking the concentration of these two masters (or in 260O’s case, mistress, and I’m not sure about dmaufer) of kitty- punning.

Join me later to see whether the bar has been set even higher. In the meantime, this is your Monstercat commentator, signing out.”

15. Poor kitty, at least the tax man left him his umbrealla. ;-)

16. Darn dyslexia :-(

17. I don’t know why Cute Overload has said Figaro has run off to Mexico… that has nothing to do with his country being sunny and shiny all year long….
    PS: Figaro is Brazilian, not Mexican. Check out a world map next time, will ya?

Karen (Figaro’s photographer)

18. 260Oakley says:

I’d try to sneak under the bar, but that would leave me in limbo. ;)

19. If there was a Cute Tax, Meg would owe the IRS a beeelion dollars.

20. happycat says:

Margarita must be holding the camera.. ;)

21. tracylee says:

ah, the bossman giveth, and the taxman taketh away…

22. tracylee says:

hah! I just made some weird snort/chuckle/chortle noise at that one.

23. happycat says:

First came the Sun Beam…
    Second came Figaro…
    And then came Karen with the umbrella to protect the pink nose and toe beans.

Umbrella has a second use, protect Figaro from spilled margarita’s and volcanic blenders operated by intoxicated vacationers.

24. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeegaro! FigaroFigaroFigaro Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegaro!

25. 260Oakley says:

Seeing as it’s tax time, can you lend me a tenor? They’ve increased my tax bass.

26. Hon Glad says:

It looks as if she has a shady deal going, in tax avoidance.

27. (bowing repeatedly)
    We’re not worthy!
    We’re not worthy!

28. Hi Karen! Thanks for dropping in. We love to hear from the owners or photogs.
    I should clarify here, I had no idea of the location of this photo – I just made it up. There’s no way I would have known the photo was in Brazil – but, now that we know, it is kind of neat that I wasn’t too far off actually.

I almost went with Italy, and a strolling accordian player. :?

PS Maps are in my daily life at work and at home. Take it easy, “will ya”. :-)

29. ashagato says:

i’m with you, pyrit. sheesh!

30. ashagato says:

if the umbrella’s on the sidewalk, and no one’s there to feel the shade, is the cat still asleep?

31. Kinda the reverse of what you usually see…most cats seek out the sunny spot in the shady area, not the other way around!

32. No problem pyrit! I thought the moderator would read the sub-mee-shon’s email… I guess not! There’s no arguing on saying Figaro is a true bon vivant! :D

33. Achei meio grosseiro esse seu comentário, Karen…

34. I find this to be a good tension breaker:
    :-D

35. Figaro is also tres handsome! I do love the orange & white boys!

36. Emmberrann says:

If you really want to know where is the most comfortable space to lie down for a snooze, follow a cat. The cat will know where, if it is hot, where the temperature will be coolest, or conversely, if it is cold, where the temperature will be warmest. Invariably. Indubitably. Incontrovertibly.

37. Karen, CO woiks in veddy misteeddeeus vays.
    Lemme asplain …
    Ah no there is too moich.

38. Maybe you can sum up then?

39. Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
    (laughs maniacally, stops, keels over dead)
    :-D

40. Move over, Figaro – I’m sure we can both fit under this umbrella!

41. ashagato says:

si, un gato guapo!

42. skippymom says:

Did Figaro go for the pat-down or the full body scan, I wonder?

43. Does anyone else just want to tuck his ears in?

44. Never go against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!

45. I was under the impression that the kitty wanted to remain cool, but wanted warmer ears, so he positioned himself like that!

46. Maybe kitty wanted a little mo’ heato? ;-)

47. Mary (the first) says:

OMG is that where that expression comes from? Set the barre (not bar) higher?

48. Mary (the first) says:

That was my thought also, “did the kitteh find the shade.. or did some nice human set up the umbrella over the sleeping kitteh?”

49. Mary (the first) says:

Hmm. My “reply” also did not go where it was supposed to. I was responding to Kar’s original comment. Oh well.

50. Mary (the first) says:

LOL had to say that to myself to grasp! LOL

51. Inspiring, pyrit! Truly inspiring! Kinda funny, too!

52. 260Oakley says:

He went for the cat scan, I’m guessing.

53. Anybody else hearing the song “You can stand under my umbrella…” in their heads?

C’est un chat tres beau!

54. Ha! Me too. (had to say it to myself, that is.)

55. newp, the moderator sees ‘em when everyone else does. unless they’re naughty. then i get to look at them a little longer. ;)

56. I’m a bit short, but ask mister Baritone. He’s in the study watching The Sopranos and playing with his Vibrato :P

57. Bus stop, tax day, kitty’s there, I say, “please share my umbrella”

58. It’s in the right place. Each reply is indented a little from the post to which you’re replying. And in WP, it goes below all other people who have also replied to that post.

59. Dang! I didn’t even know I was missing something until you pointed it out.

60. JacksonsGirl says:

TOE BEANS! I LOVE IT! <3 I have my kittens paws tattooed on me. I am now going to call them toe beans now.

61. skippymom says:

D’oh!

62. skippymom says:

Yay! I love that song!
    (and now it’s going to be stuck in my head all weekend)

63. Hey, where did the little sneaky peeker go? :cry:

64. victoreia says:

*snerk snerk*

65. victoreia says:

I <3 Michigan J. Frog! (I think my sister uses him as the ring-tone for my b-i-l.)

66. victoreia says:

[Dang, everybody beat me to it!]

67. Inconceivable. :)

68. Not sure why Brazil is not far off from Mexico considering they are on two different continents and don’t even speak the same language. Portuguese is not that different from Spanish and I can understand it sometimes but then my Spanish is not so good either.

69. That would make a great ringtone! I’m using the Pink Panther theme right now, but sometimes it’s hard to hear.

70. :lol: GIGGLE :lol:

71. Can I share the umbrella? Can I also come to Brazil with you, kitty?

72. No, the Baritone is with me. The Baritone is always with me. :P

73. AAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaa!

74. bookmonstercats says:

Oh agreed – 260O will have to toss her head and hold her hand out to be kissed, like Alice Cooper did on Wayne’s World 2. Still my fave evah cameo appearance and I’m so jealous of Mike Myers and Dana Cavey.

75. bookmonstercats says:

*Tries to steal baritone from Theresa*

76. *Sits on Baritone.*

77. I thought everybody did!

78. Perhaps he is related to El Guapo!

79. bookmonstercats says:

Theresa wins…. until next time….

80. hrhqueencat says: