Meanwhile, at the Cuckoo Clock Auditions…

Yeah, I know I’m a little oversize, and I’ve been hitting the Luckies a little hard this week so my voice is kinda rough, but trust me, I can still belt those high notes, you won’t be disappointed.  So, Mr. Piano, if I can have a middle C…

Photo by Martin Teschner.

Comments

1. As soon as I saw the words “Cuckoo Clock Auditions,” I knew it was NTMTOM. :D

2. I don’t know this guy’s a little shady. He seems to be on house arrest. Nice green bracelet.

3. PS: Is he hung over? :mrgreen:

4. Whooooooooo?

5. PPS:
    Hello, Arthur. Tell us something about yourself.
    “I was the lead tenor of the Albuquerque Opera Company for the last two seasons. I just finished the road tour of Lilac Time, and last season I was up for the lead in the Broadway production of The Gypsy Lover. ”
    What happened?
    “I didn’t get it.”
    Arthur, what are you going to sing for us?
    “I would like to sing A Wandering Minstrel I.
    ♩♪ ♫♬ AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAA Wandr’ing Minstrel I ♩♪ ♫♬”
    THANK YOU!
    :mrgreen:

6. it’s the ankle bracelet that really pulls it all together.

7. “It’d been a harrrrrd daaaaaay’s night.”………….

8. (The Original) Mel says:

Fiiiigaro, figaro, figarofigarofigarooooo.

9. Owls-awesome. Mini owls-ten kinds of awesome.

10. *straightens shirtsleeves*
    ah-hem..
    *mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-miiiiiiiii*

*tiny bow*
    thank you.

(post-script: hi-frickin-larious, as usual)

11. Someone with a big head says:

“Mr. Piano”??? Is that.. Mr. DON Piano? He’s famous around these parts!!

12. Mary (the first) says:

Is he on parole?

13. A little beefy for a barihunk.

14. Colonel Jenna says:

The owl, or NTMTOM?

15. Recondita armoniiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Operatic owlette is caught in the music!

16. You beat me to it, Swabh.

Why, I eyes ya!

17. Look it’s Owl Jolson!!

18. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Should we try the veal, Theresa, or is that ill-advised here
    in Cute Animaux-Land??

19. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*golf clapping*

20. It’s A WristStrong™ bracelet!

21. Holy cow – an actual PHOTO CREDIT!

Good job!

22. More to love. :P I like how he hasn’t had his chest waxed, too. :twisted:

23. Snerk.

24. I love to sing-a!
    About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!

25. Soooo much attitude and expressiveness for such a wee little owl!

26. ♩♪ ♫♬… “Owl be seeing you…in all the owl familiar places…”…♩♪ ♫♬

27. Hey, if someone recognized the dialogue, I’d be happy. (Hint hint, it’s another Mel Brooks movie!) :mrgreen:

28. Loved that cartoon! :)

29. it’s Digger! (i read the entire Guardians Of Ga’Hoole series, and am an owl nerd)

30. I love that he has a whole branch of safety and yet he decides to cling to the last centimetre of wood.

31. I must be really old I immediately hear that song from sound of music Coo Cooo.

32. Umm, did I say something wrong? I am willing to repent you know.

33. Tap tap tap. *Clears throat* “Owl be loving you owl ways, with a love that’s true owl ways. Not for just an hour, not for just a day, not for just a year, but owl waaaaaaaaaaays”

34. bob drummond says:

Mister Owl looks like he had a very long night and now needs some beddy-bye!

35. true story: I sing that to my dog.
    slight modification, though, as her name is Juno…
    so I sing-o about the moon-o and the Jun-o and the spring-o.

I also sing it whilst walking around the block, and the neighbors prolly think I’m extra-weird.

36. oh, I was picturing maybe Bugs Bunny’s version?

(no you-tubin’ at work, but I’m sure y’all know what cartoon I mean… maybe it had the monster in it?)

37. It all depends what time of day it is on the foto…….;
    if daytime, liddol Owlsie is sleeping and saying (listen for it) …… “Honk-shu……..!
    If nightime, he is belting out his audition, American Idol style:
    “…….And I…..I…..I…..I…; will alllllllllllllllllwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays luuuuuuuuuve
    yuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…ooooooo…uuuuuuu……!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. (The Original) Mel says:

Yep. Me tooooooofiiigaro.

39. tracylee says:

hehe
    ‘centimetre’ :)

40. Martha in Washington says:

The Producers, of course! While auditioning Hitlers! I <3 that movie!

41. Martha in Washington says:

In the Mod Lounge? I said I love THE MOVIE not Hitler! Jeesh! Is Hitler a no-no on here?

42. ‘wandrin’ minstrel’ is from the producers, both the original movie and the musical. hands down one of the funniest movies ever made, and mel brook’s masterpiece. “haben zie gehere das deutsches band? wit a bing? wit a bang? wit a bang bang boom boom bang? oh, haben zie gehere das deutsches band? wit a bing? wit a bang?”

THANK YOU!

“wit a bin.”

43. The glare off his chest blinded me. I can’t even tell if that’s Gunn, Keenlyside, or Schrott. :P

This is my Billy Budd, forever. He was forty, and not a gym rat, and I don’t care.

44. All the live-long day!

45. Georgiabelle says:

46. Can we get a close up on that mini tongue?

47. Lerrinus says:

:lol:

48. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

“moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo”.

and also:
    “Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo”.

49. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

In the Actor’s Studio interview, Mr. Owl said that this was due to his stringent training in Method Acting technique.

50. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*It’s [ almost ] my BF* !!!!! *SWOON!!*
    *thud*

[actually it IS HE, only not visible ]

(PS: you gotta click over TO youtube to watch him via this clip)

51. ashagato says:

even just thinking about it makes me laugh until i cry!

52. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*rises from the ded temporarily*

Th, this is fer yew!! You won’ beleeeeeeeeeeev eet.

*thud*
    *faints agin*

53. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Well, y’know, his politics are
    JUST a bit … (ahem) outside the mainstream ….

(Just kidding, MiW :) )

54. *dramatic intro* Trololololo lolololololo, trololololo lolololo….”

(yep, too lazy to link to the dozens of youtube videos)

55. victoreia says:

I <3 the Rabbit of Seville!

56. victoreia says:

*snerk*

57. victoreia says:

I was thinkin’ this guy’s the stand-in for Pigwidgeon…….(HP ref, there….)

58. A guy wearing both a shirt AND pants. How aniquated. True, with that voice, who cares?

59. “We’re only seeing singing Hitlers now!”

60. :D He was also taking it off onstage when these guys were in kindergarten. :P Still at it. I’m seeing him next month in Ariadne auf Naxos. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

61. Knock Knock!
    Who’s there?
    Cow goes.
    Cow goes who?
    No silly, cow goes moo. Owl goes who! :mrgreen:

62. Clears throat. “Ahem. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop? One. Two-hoooo. Kronsch. Three.”

63. What’s his favorite curse word?

64. Just your “almost boyfriend”? You mean he’s not your Inter-Dimensional Husband™?

65. Does he have the wit to woo?

66. warrior rabbit says:

I can’t tell you how many times I wish we had a CO community IRL. I’d love to be your neighbor. I like weird. I am weird. Weird is good.

67. warrior rabbit says:

Whoooooooore!

68. you beat me to it! Allow me to link for you:

And BTW, doesn’t this guy look like Edgar Bergen’s dummy come to life? Kinda creepy!

69. woo who? ;-)

70. Martha in Washington says:

Is Inter-Dimensional different than Extra-Dimensional? Is it ISIDH or ISEDH? I want to make absolutely certain that I am doing it properly. :) And yes, Craig is in mine, which ever it is.

71. Martha in Washington says:

My son sang that as an audition piece recently. He got in the show.

72. Martha in Washington says:

Speaking of Hitler (see above) and “The Sound of Music”, my son opens as Rolf in three weeks! He just had his hair dyed blonder so he looks more Aryan. I’m so proud of him!

73. Time to go to sleep

74. bookmonstercats says:

Loves me a big, barrel-chested tenor.

And a big, barrel-chested baritone.

And a big, barrel-chested bass.

I could go on.

75. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

YAY

In contention for one of the Top Three Decent Commercials of AllTime.

76. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

YAY for MiW’s son!!!

*wild applause*

77. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

“gah”

*still unable to form words in the English Language, cuz I’m ded*

*for now*

*Film at eleven*

78. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*Theresa wins this round!!11!!!*

79. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

@ Victoreia: d’ye suppose that
    the Rabbit of Seville, might actually be / also be the Killer Rabbit, from MP/ HGrail film?????

hmmmmmmmmmmm….

80. Definitely Inter-Dimensional (or Interdimensional) for reasons I don’t have time to go into right now. :mrgreen:

81. “And a big, barrel-chested soprano . . . “

82. “I was born in Dusseldorf
    And that is why they call me Rolf!”

83. ashagato says:

a “Live Song” bracelet?

84. ONo, this is my favorite (so much so I’ve probably posted it before). It made me laugh tears.

85. Tha heeeeeeeeeeeeels ARE ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE withhh thaaaaa soooound OF muuuuuzic!!!!!!! (Little cough) “so did I get tha part? (everyone shifts uncomfortably in seats)

86. that’s probably the only visual worthy of such a great song!

87. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Theresa: Cha-CHING!!!
    AND it also features FEZZES !!!11!!!

88. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

(ahem)
    While my VOICE might not be capable of reaching the soprano ranges, I would otherwise prolly fit that bill …..

(eyes roll)

89. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

“yup, shure, yewbetcha!!!”

Signed,
    Tina Fey

90. Mary (the first) says:

OMG Theresa, thank you! I love Craig Ferguson SO MOISCHE. Probably the best thing about being “retired” is now I can stay up that late. YAY

91. Mary (the first) says:

Hold on a sec. “A Wanderin’ Minstrel I” is from the Mikado, I believe. Gilbert and Sullivan. No?

92. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

ya ni panimayu ….

Signed,
    Pa Russkie.

93. Yes. Now that you reminded me, I will have nightmares tonight. Thank you.

94. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa: I think that it might be the
    glossy leather shorts and suspenders, what does it ! :)

95. Queen of Dork says:

Vintery, mintery, cutery, corn,
    Apple seed and apple thorn,
    Wire, briar, limber lock
    Three geese in a flock
    One flew East
    One flew West
    And one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.